Caldor

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
what was the Caldor in norwich Ct in the norwichtown mall and was 87,000 sq.ft.

norwich ct
norwich ct

norwich

norwich ct

d_fife

norwich ct
norwich ct

norwich

norwich ct

norwich ct

d_fife

norwich ct
norwich ct

norwich

norwich ct

norwich ct

norwich ct

Caldor1999

bob's is one of the worst stores ever are couch got damged from there with in weeks of buying it and we ha d acontrack saying that is it gets damged they were sopsot to fix it but they wodent i hope this store gob soon cause ethy suck
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
bob's is one of the worst stores ever are couch got damged from there with in weeks of buying it and we ha d acontrack saying that is it gets damged they were sopsot to fix it but they wodent i hope this store gob soon cause ethy suck

You might be pleased to know this Bob's at the Norwichtown Mall will be closing by year's end. The mall itself is one of the few small indoor malls left in Connecticut but still moves on. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/50822/more_stores_close_at_norwichtown_mall.html
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

You might be pleased to know this Bob's at the Norwichtown Mall will be closing by year's end. The mall itself is one of the few small indoor malls left in Connecticut but still moves on. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/50822/more_stores_close_at_norwichtown_mall.html

good cause that store is a rip off i hate them lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Marc82

That's pretty cool. Curse me for being unemployed and unable to bid on it.

Caldor1999

THAT SCANER WAS FROM MY CALDOR!!!!!!!!!!
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears the caldor in queens ny still standing today and i gotta say its falling aparnt i wonder how it looks inside
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a pic of a caldor scaner form the bedford hills location which was  my caldor
Caldor Forever!

Marc82

There is a Goodwill Store in the Plaza next to the Price Chopper Supermarket I work at in Southington, CT. Today sitting behind the Goodwill Store was a Caldor Trailer. Unfortuantely since I don't bring my digital camera to work I was unable to get a picture of this relic.  Previously the Goodwill Store was an Eblen's and The Price Chopper was a Big KMART. The Caldor (a rainbow one) was about a 1/4 mile further down Route 10 where Walmart is today. (On the opposite side of the street from where KMART was).

XISMZERO

Are you f'in kidding me?! I need to take more trips to Queen Plaza in Southington. I'll bet they were delivering to Job Lot...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

I doubt they were delivering to Job Lot because it was just a trailer. There was no cab to the truck.

Marc82

It was still there tonight when I left work for the evening.

Marc82

Today I had to fill-in as a cart boy at Price Chopper for a while, and I discovered the Caldor Trailer is actually on our property and not in the next plaza over.

XISMZERO

Here's that trailer Marc tipped me off about. What an amazing find.

You can read more of the details at my site, "The Caldor Rainbow" (http://thecaldorrainbow.blogspot.com/)
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

caldor in methuen that opened in 1975 and was orange inside and near the mall

here are the pictures in order from top to bottom (I digitized these pictures). All these pictures were taken by me.

1. Caldor in methuen, taken in 1996 by me
2. Caldor in methuen (vacant), taken in 2001 by me
3. Wal-mart n Methuen that replaced the Caldor, taken in 2002 by me

d_fife

here are the pictures in order from top to bottom (I digitized these pictures) All these pictures were taken by me

1. Caldor in Framingham Mass, taken in 1996 by me.
2. Caldor sign in framingham mass, taken in 1997 by me.
3. remains of the caldor in Burlington mass (I went to this store in 1997 and it was too dark then to take pictures and I was new to the taking picture thing and never went around that much and it was too late to photograph the structure when I had the chance), but you can see the white on the building. the store was silver from what I remember. this picture was taken by me in 2000.

d_fife

here are the pictures in order from top to bottom (I digitized these pictures) All these pictures were taken by me.

top picture to the left of the pictures is the CAldor sign in northampton mass. taken by me in 1999

bottom picture to the left is what replaced the Caldor in northampton mass. taken by me in 2003

first picture to the right (top) is the reconstruction of the former caldor building in burlington mass. taken by me in 2000

2nd picture below (to the right) is the Caldor in Northampton mass (That opened in the eraly 1970s and 90,000 sq.ft.). taken by me in 1999 during the out of business sale

3rd picture below (To the right) was more of the caldor building in northampton mass. taken by me in 1999.

I did not go to very many caldors in my life.

d_fife

here are the pictures in order from top to bottom (I digitized these pictures). I took all these pictures.

1. old Braintree one, (it opened 1993) you can tell what the store looked like by the outline. taken by me in 2001

2. back of the vacant westfield mass one (I could not see the front since the building was gated off). taken by me in 2004.

3. back of the vacant westfield mass one (I could not see the front since the building was gated off). taken by me in 2004.

d_fife

Here are pictures of Caldors. I will list them from top to bottom and I took all these pictures. I digitized them

picture to the left of the pictures is the vacant one in malden mass. I took this in 2002

2. Picture to the left (top) is the one in  bedford nh (only one in nh and 86,000 sq.ft. and formerly jm fields) during its out of business sale. I took this picture in 1999.

3. (below top right) Caldor sign in Bedford nh. I took this in 1999

4. (2 below top right picture) Vacant caldor in Malden mass. Notice the labelscar that and it seems it has the orange lettering. it is no longer vacant now. I took this picture in 2002.

d_fife

here are the pictures in order from top to bottom (I digitized these pictures). I took all these pictures.

1. picture to the left of the 3 is what replaced the caldor in chelmsford mass (before the caldor it was jm fields). I took this picture in 2000.

2. top right - the picture is the sign of the leominster stoer and notice the red and silver the side of teh sign. I took this picture in 2001.

3. right below top - the sign of the chelmsford one and see the caldor in the sign. I took this picture in 2000.

4. what is now the Caldor in LEominster mass. I took this picture in 2001. the caldor opened 15 yrs ago and was 91,000 sq.ft.

amesman

The old Camillus Caldor has been demolished. The Wal Mart that was housed inside finally has thier superstore down the road on the old Camillus Mall property.

Caldor1999

1. picture to the left of the 3 is what replaced the caldor in chelmsford mass (before the caldor it was jm fields). I took this picture in 2000.

2. top right - the picture is the sign of the leominster stoer and notice the red and silver the side of teh sign. I took this picture in 2001.

3. right below top - the sign of the chelmsford one and see the caldor in the sign. I took this picture in 2000.

4. what is now the Caldor in LEominster mass. I took this picture in 2001. the caldor opened 15 yrs ago and was 91,000 sq.ft.

hey if u can find anymore scan them i wish someone had a pic of my caldor
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

there are no more caldor buildings with the logo intact that I can scan

the former camillus caldor is becoming a target.

Caldor1999

if u find anything wit caldor on it plz send even if theres no logo on it
Caldor Forever!

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

XISMZERO

Per usual, when I'm at my grandmother's house, today being Thanksgiving, I usually find some very interesting retail relics! Here's one of what I found today in a spare room.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr