Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
A VACANT BRADLEES IN TOMS RIVER, NJ! I wonder if it's really still there!

Yes man. It is ....03.04.08 and I think the building is there. I was told I better go out and get more pics.....give me 1.5 weeks and I will see what I can do.
JN

greg8370

Just a great update on CT Bradlees stores on the Caldor Rainbow web site!

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
QuoteOriginally posted by davidsky
3 of my brothers worked at Bradlees in Poughkeepsie NY

Where was this one?

It's on South Road, right down the road from IBM. There's a Stop & Shop next door. It's Linens 'n Things, Michael's and Office Depot now. It closed before the chain closed.

OK - I know where it is - I've been down that way more in the recent past, but not further back, and since it's divided/redone it didn't give any obvious hints.

NJxxJon

JN

Great Eastern

A VACANT BRADLEES IN TOMS RIVER, NJ! I wonder if it's really still there!

My friends and I use to know this store's manager back in the 1980's and we use to have rooftop roller hockey games and the stores roof.

There use to be an access ladder that has a locked gate in the back by the HVAC units and he use to leave the key for us if he wasn't there.

Those were the days !

XISMZERO

UPDATE: NEW CITY, NEW YORK. Taken May 30, 2008.

Finally came up here en route to the Palisades Center. The store will be either torn down or stripped into revitalization. Are these signs new?

Notice the police car in the lower right corner! Luckilly, this was my last shot (didn't feel like being questioned!).
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Store still vacant, signs up and all. It might be torn down soon thus New York will lose its last vacant Bradlees!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Caldor1999 has a few "artifacts" including a few of the letters and a receiving sign.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

"Mini-City" once referred to the S&S Companies: Stop & Shop, Bradlees & Medi Mart. A vacant Waldbaums took over Stop & Shop space and Walgreens has the space formerly Medi-Mart.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

frameguy2704

The Bradees in Warwick RI was formelly a Bulders Square Home Improvement store. When Bradless closed, it wasn't vacant for long.It was located in a plaza on a major road. It was divided in to Babies R Us and The Furniture Warehouse which both are still going strong in that location.

CTAmeshopper

Excellent pictures, brings back a lot of memories of Bradlees around 16 years ago Bradlees used to be numerous in Connecticut as Walmart and Target is today, now they don't even exist anymore, and many relics of them are getting harder and harder to find, Wow, I guess if you don't adapt quickly in the retail market you pretty much literally become history in a matter of years!!! :o

Caldor1999

im gonna be going down there soon i might snap a few more pics btw i also took the recving sign whitch i still have
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

also that supermarkte was a waldbaums after stop & shop closed that location
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
also that supermarkte was a waldbaums after stop & shop closed that location

That's what I was thinking but couldn't find anyone else to verify that. I hope to visit a slew more vacant Bradlees in July... I just hope gas doesn't hike to $5 by then...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

wwefan101

FearlessSwan

I was born and raised in Stamford, CT, and the Norwalk location was my "hometown" Bradlees, the only one I've ever been in actually.

I remember the store getting a bit of a remodel in the early 90's, with brighter colors and a snack bar added. The attached Stop & Shop was always a nasty run-down dump and was basically left to die.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by DefunctStoreKing
there was a bradlees in toms river but it closed down

Look on the board. I took 20923938 pics of it.
JN

FearlessSwan

XISMZERO

Extraordinary picture. Is this from a personal collection?
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

FearlessSwan

Another one from the same site.

XISMZERO

UPDATE: Hartford, CT on Park/Laurel St. Taken today: 7-1-2008.

Still vacant, supposedly to be demolished this year (?) for a new development called "Pope Commons".
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Still vacant. There's a set of doors behind that tarp -- wonder what they were used for?

Two left in Connecticut: Manchester and Hartford. Which one will go first?!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Joeg

Do you think a Supermarket will go into the old Bradlees??

I think the one in Manchester CT is still owned by Stop and Shop.

NJxxJon

Still vacant. There's a set of doors behind that tarp -- wonder what they were used for?

how the hell do people graffiti the top of the sign? ......uh HELLO
JN

C. Fontaine

GAME OVER:insane:

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by FearlessSwan
Another one from the same site.

Awesome Ford T-bird and awesome old Bradlees logo!!! I love seeing pictures of old stores with old cars in the lot.

XISMZERO

UPDATE: Another vacant Bradlees gone -- Ventnor City, NJ.

--------------------------------------------

Ventnor Plaza Gets New Tenants
By Brianne Harrison of GlobeSt.com
Monday, June 02, 2008 -  VENTNOR, NJ-The 200,000-sf Ventnor Plaza has added Peebles and Dollar Tree to its tenant roster. Peebles, which opened on May 1, and Dollar Tree, which is slated to open in mid-June, will join a tenant roster than includes PathMark, the US Post Office and H&R Block.

Both companies are taking space that was formerly occupied by Bradlees department store, which went bankrupt in 2000. The space has been vacant ever since the company closed all its stores in 2001. The property, built in the 1950s, is currently receiving a number of cosmetic improvements, including a new facade for the section the new tenants will be in.

Peebles has taken the largest lease; with 17,000 sf. Dollar Tree will occupy 10,000 sf. According to Randy Hope, an associate with Metro Commercial and the exclusive leasing agent for the site, rents at Ventnor Plaza are about $14 per sf for larger stores.

Hope attributes both companies' interest in the area to the overall demographics and a lack of competition nearby. The area, which is near Atlantic City, features dense residential and a population that nearly doubles from about 76,000 to 150,000 during peak seasons.

Hope represented the Plaza's owners, Bellevue Properties Ventnor Plaza LLC. Dollar Tree was represented by Metro Commercial's Donna Drew, a leasing representative in the company's Conshohocken, PA office. Jerry Johnson, a broker with Fameco Real Estate in Plymouth Meeting, PA represented Peebles.

http://www.cityfeet.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?Id=29639&PartnerPath=
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

I have relatives down in Ventnor. It would be nice if the city got an actual department store like Target in the old Bradlees building instead of these two cheap crap places.