Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
That Bradlees has the "Jefferson Ward" look ...:yup:

thats in Berlin NJ Hears how the store looks now

Actually it's in Stratford NJ. I sometimes go to the Goodwill in the same plaza. I'll have to check on the status of the bradlees now. Last time I went, in like March or April of this year it was still vacant as far as I could tell. I wasn't really paying attention because I was playing Pokemon fire red on my DS.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
That Bradlees has the "Jefferson Ward" look ...:yup:

thats in Berlin NJ Hears how the store looks now

Actually it's in Stratford NJ. I sometimes go to the Goodwill in the same plaza. I'll have to check on the status of the bradlees now. Last time I went, in like March or April of this year it was still vacant as far as I could tell. I wasn't really paying attention because I was playing Pokemon fire red on my DS.

You have NOT ONE OF YOUR OWN PICS on this board. Stop hyperlinking from other pages, put down the DS, Take some pics. Its so easy...considering south NJ has nothing taken over yet. Look at north NJ - Then say you can't find any buildings.
JN

videogamer75

Dude, remember that I can't drive yet. I don't go out to these places much because of that. It's not that easy for me to just go to some town and take pictures of a Bradlees, Caldor, etc. If I could drive then you bet I would go to all these places and take pictures. I am a very good photographer and I even have some pics already that I haven't found time to upload to the PC yet.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
UPDATE: Hartford, CT on Park/Laurel St. Taken today: 7-1-2008.

Still vacant, supposedly to be demolished this year (?) for a new development called "Pope Commons".

Went to that Pope Commons Website. It looks like a giant nothing. No potential tenants shown. Looks like a giant over done project.

videogamer75

Bradlees in Stratford, NJ is not vacant anymore. It is now some sort of medical center.

XISMZERO

Behold!: Bradlees; Hazlet, New Jersey -- STILL VACANT! Taken 7-25-2008.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Bradlees; Hazlet, New Jersey -- STILL VACANT! Taken 7-25-2008.  Here's the road sign.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Bradlees; Hazlet, New Jersey -- STILL VACANT! Taken 7-25-2008. A rich label scar...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

As it turns out, the Bradlees in Toms River, NJ is now being used as storage for Boscov's.

XISMZERO

As it turns out, the Bradlees in Toms River, NJ is now being used as storage for Boscov's.

And they're keeping the Bradlees signage up? Anyway, seeing as Boscov's future is in jeopardy, I wonder how much longer it be under their possession.  videogamer, do you know about that one in Hazlet (only 45 mins. from Toms River).
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

Yep...plus, they keep Bradlees' old registers and stuff inside the store.

As for Hazlet, well, I know that the exact date the Hazlet store closed was January 15, 2001, but I don't know much more beyond that. I know some stuff about 2 other former Bradlees in NJ though.

Caldor1999

heres one in NJ thats being used as a medical center the logo is still up i forget were this one is located
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

videogamer75

heres one in NJ thats being used as a medical center the logo is still up i forget were this one is located

lol that's my picture! It's in Stratford, NJ.

Caldor1999

lol that's my picture! It's in Stratford, NJ.

haha i found it on flickr nice find btw
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

videogamer75

thanks! I plan on getting pictures of the former bradlees in Turnersville, NJ, which is now a furniture store called The Dump. They repainted the big outparcel where "Bradlees" was black, just like it was when it was Jefferson Ward.

Caldor1999

thanks! I plan on getting pictures of the former bradlees in Turnersville, NJ, which is now a furniture store called The Dump. They repainted the big outparcel where "Bradlees" was black, just like it was when it was Jefferson Ward.

if you look back on this bradlees form you will find a picture of it when it was a bradlees and a jefferson ward
Caldor Forever!

videogamer75

XISMZERO

Here's what was once "Bradlees Foods" in the 1960s in Hamden, CT on Dixwell Ave. Taken today.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Bradlees Foods logo taken from an old newspaper ad.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by DefunctStoreKing
what slogans did bradlees have? i am curious, i just want to know what slogans Bradlees had.  i am just wondering

I know the Trucks used to say:
"There's always one more reason to shop at Bradlees"

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by DefunctStoreKing
what slogans did bradlees have?

Here's a list of their logos and various slogans throughout the decades. Their final slogan was "Savings on the Good Stuff", which always reminded me of Ames' campaigning.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Mobil

For some reason, the Bradlees in Glenolden, PA did not become a Wal-Mart until 2004, when most Bradlees did in 2002. The store even looks the same as all other Bradlees turned Wal-Marts. :huh:

videogamer75

Here is the Bradlees sign in Stratford, NJ still up even though the actual building is now used by a medical center

Mobil

I couldn't find the regular Stop & Shop thread, just Super Stop & Shop, so I posted it here: in Maryland, I saw many Valero stations with Stop & Shop-branded convenience stores! This appeared to be related to the New England Stop & Shop because of the logo.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
I couldn't find the regular Stop & Shop thread, just Super Stop & Shop, so I posted it here:

I think that regular and Super Stop & Shop can belong to the same thread.

http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=181

videogamer75

Former Bradlees in Egg Harbor Township, NJ now Forman Mills.

Mobil

Former Bradlees in Egg Harbor City, NJ now Forman Mills.

I took pictures of that store when it was still vacant in summer 2006. What was it before Bradlees? And what was the smaller store next to it? :huh:

videogamer75

I think it was always a Bradlees. I don't know what that store next door was.

here's the former Bradlees in Ventnor City NJ now Peebles and dollar tree. Before Bradlees it was a J.M Fields but it's been remodeled so that you'd never know it was one.

videogamer75

here is the former Bradlees in Turnersville, NJ, before Bradlees it was a Jefferson Ward and it is now The Dump furniture store. Notice how The Dump repainted it so that it was black again like it was when it was Jefferson Ward.

videogamer75