Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XISMZERO

A Bradlees label scar found on the side of the original Stop & Shop at the former Charter Oak Mall (now just Super Stop & Shop-Burlington Coat Factory plaza)! I stumbled across this leaving the plaza yesterday.

The building is occupied by Big Lots now as SS&S has moved over and renovated a few times since its 1976 opening. Bradlees was actually on the opposite side of the strip mall (once indoor) and is occupied by Burlington Coat Factory today.

Bradlees in East Hartford originally opened on March 1976.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

AmesNewington

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
AmesNewington, I will search for more on the Ames of Newington. Chris has some pictures on the locator of the store that I find impressive. I barely remember what the store looked like.

Here's an update on Bradlees in Stratford taken just today. Yep, just dirt piles is left (now you can I-95 easily). It's completely demolished for BJs. They finally got working on it!

I know about those photos, as I took them! LOL. That's what I did three years ago when this forum first started. I sent it all to Chris. Now I have a reliable place to look at them! I was lucky enough to get some photos before they demolished it.

What I'm looking for is other photos of the store, especially when it was open. Also, newspaper ads like the Bradlees one is something that I'd love to find.

Thank you VERY much for looking. I do appreciate it!

Rayco7030

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
I took these pictures myself and digitized them. all 4 are of the downtown Bradlees in Nashua nh in the globe / sinenomeau plaza and the store opened in 1962 / 1963 and was 84,000 sq.ft and the stairs going to the bathroom were wooden and the floor in the store was metal and the wallpaper was the standard grey.

1. the left hand picture was taken in 2001

2. the top right hand picture was taken in 1998.

3. the picture below the top right picture was taken in 1997.

4. the bottom picture was taken in 2001.

reminds me of springfield mass store
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

Kmart4life

Caldor1999

heres a bradlees GOB sale commrical from early 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Gr3kvObxo
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

GothicPrincess

I'm trying to find out about the Bradlees in Middletown, NJ. Used to be next to a Grand Union supermarket and across Route 35 from Foodtown/Food Circus. If anyone can help me, possibly with pictures, I'd be most appreciative. I haven't been there in at least 12 years and I did a search on Yahoo! maps and found the Grand Union still listed, but when I went to the webpage there was no listing for Middletown there. Thanks a bunch.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Hddfan135

I passed the former bradlees at the dock (I used to live in stratford, so I was revisiting, And yes, I have been in that bradlees tons of times) and the shell of BJ's is pretty much finished, though the interior and the facade are still a work in progress.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
I'm trying to find out about the Bradlees in Middletown, NJ. Used to be next to a Grand Union supermarket and across Route 35 from Foodtown/Food Circus. If anyone can help me, possibly with pictures, I'd be most appreciative. I haven't been there in at least 12 years and I did a search on Yahoo! maps and found the Grand Union still listed, but when I went to the webpage there was no listing for Middletown there. Thanks a bunch.

Try wikipedia?
JN

GothicPrincess

All Wikipedia says is about Bradlees itself. I couldn't find squat. I asked my mom and she doesn't know anything more than I do, she left Jersey same time I did, being it was a family move to Florida...In a few months, after Christmas, I'm taking a road trip with the family to go see all the old stores I was at, and see what they are now. I just thought I'd try to get information before I went out there. Thanks anyway.

Caldor1999

All Wikipedia says is about Bradlees itself. I couldn't find squat. I asked my mom and she doesn't know anything more than I do, she left Jersey same time I did, being it was a family move to Florida...In a few months, after Christmas, I'm taking a road trip with the family to go see all the old stores I was at, and see what they are now. I just thought I'd try to get information before I went out there. Thanks anyway.

idk if its still there but there is a few pics of it on this page i believe
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

GothicPrincess

I still can't find anything. If anyone has a link to a picture I'd be more than happy to thank you immensely...

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

GothicPrincess

20 years of my life just disappeared. I'm 10 again with my mom out going shopping...wow. The memories I have of THAT store...I'm taking a road trip after the new year, I plan on finding out what happened to this building as well. There was a Grand Union built on the other side of this plaza, and it's all across the highway from a Food Town a.k.a. Food Circus. As far as I know, the clown is still in front of the plaza...we shall see in a few months...Thanks Caldor1999 for finding that photo. Much appreciated, my friend.

Caldor1999

20 years of my life just disappeared. I'm 10 again with my mom out going shopping...wow. The memories I have of THAT store...I'm taking a road trip after the new year, I plan on finding out what happened to this building as well. There was a Grand Union built on the other side of this plaza, and it's all across the highway from a Food Town a.k.a. Food Circus. As far as I know, the clown is still in front of the plaza...we shall see in a few months...Thanks Caldor1999 for finding that photo. Much appreciated, my friend.

np i was just digging though the froms on here and i found it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

GothicPrincess

That's so awesome!!!! Thanks again!!! I feel old in a way because it was so long ago, but seeing those photos you found makes me feel like a kid again shopping with my mother. I remember walking in and they had the little cafe in there. The smell of the popcorn, getting hot dogs and nachos...Every Sunday morning waking up and getting there by 8am to get in on the specials...I did find out that the Caldor I used to go to with my mom is now a Kohl's. I'll get pictures of that when I take that road trip and post on the appropriate boards. Thanks again, my friend.

XISMZERO

Did anyone know Bradlees operated Food Stores? Appearently so! Check out this advertisment I found in the Hartford Courant which dates back to August 1965!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's all the locations in Connecticut. I did not know the Connecticut Post Mall had a Bradlees. Most stores retained these locations all the way up until 2000/closure.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

standa

I also never knew that Bradlees had food stores.  However it is interesting that I recognize some addresses (Hamden, 940 Dixwell; Milford, Ct. Post Mall; West Haven, 394 Campbell) as former small (not Super) Stop & Shop stores, which closed in the 80s and 90s.  I guess at one point the Bradlees  food stores turned into Stop & Shops.  The Hamden store is now a small shopping center.  The Milford store is now Sears.  The West Haven store is now Walgreens.

Hddfan135

Found this little gem while unpacking christmas decorations. This tag was on one of the plastic bins that held the ornaments.

XISMZERO

Bradlees in Manchester, Conn. at the dead side Manchester Parkade -- still vacant as of December 20, 2007.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

dmx10101

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

arnoldziffel

looks like you have lots of snow there!  i'm on Long Island we didn't have Bradlees here that I remember.  But I do remember the store when we would travel.

C. Fontaine

Oh yes, this winter is going to be full of it.  I live in Providence, last Thursday my 15 minute drive home from work turned out to be 4 and a half hours!  Not joking!

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Oh yes, this winter is going to be full of it.  I live in Providence, last Thursday my 15 minute drive home from work turned out to be 4 and a half hours!  Not joking!

Thats crazy. So glad I live in the South. I'd never make it up north.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine

The commute in Connecticut was just as bad as it was in Providence. Fortuantely i had the foresight to arrange transportation to work that day. Plus I only live 5 mins from where I work.

XISMZERO

Vacant Bradlees found in Stratford, New Jersey.

It appears to be still vacant and the road sign is still up.

This location was apparently originally a Jefferson Ward.

Here's an image courtesy of Live Maps
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

ANOTHER VACANT BRADLEES FOUND IN WOODBURY, NJ.

ANOTHER formerly Jefferson Ward. It must be still vacant.

Image: Live Maps.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

AND ANOTHER ONE! VENTNOR, NJ.

Was formerly JM Fields. Must be vacant still.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

ANOTHER POSSIBLE VACANT BRADLEES FOUND IN FOXBORO, MASS.

Credit: Live Maps
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr