Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

I wonder why they switched logos at all. The "old" one was so much more modern looking

coolbabes

Was at my mom's this weekend and found an old paint can cover.  

XISMZERO

Here's a shot of Bradlees in Middletown, Connecticut provided by "Greg"; a veteran Connecticut Bradlees manager who sent these to me after taking interest in my website article on Bradlees department stores.

The Bradlees has since become subdivided into a Marshalls along with two other parcels.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a sign found on the window of the former Bradlees in Middletown. This store relocated from an original location in 1993. Picture credit goes to Greg.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a Bradlees trailer found in Clinton, Connecticut behind a Super Stop & Shop. Credit goes to Greg, who submitted the pictures.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

greg8370

Nick and all readers--Yes, the question of a West Hartford Bradlees was confirmed  by another Bradlees mgr. who remembers it at Bishops corner.  He thinks it was in the same plaza Marshall is located.--Greg

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Here's a sign found on the window of the former Bradlees in Middletown. This store relocated from an original location in 1993. Picture credit goes to Greg.

were did u get this pic did this bradlees close in 1996 or 2001???
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

greg8370

XISMZERO

Update: Bradlees; Stratford, Connecticut. Taken 3-12-2007.

BJ's Wholsale Club is supposed to occupy this vacant Bradlees but have not begun construction. When I arrived here at around 2:30 PM, there was a plaza realtor sitting right out front the Bradlees in his SUV. I stayed mostly carside to get these shots in avoidance of him...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Update: Bradlees; Stratford, Connecticut. (3-12-2007).
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Undoubtably cozy side entrance! When I looked inside, I noticed they completely gutted the building from when I came here last. All the walls were skeletal.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The cool side entrance.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

I want this sign. I should've asked the realtor guy if he could've helped me pry it off the wall :)
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The Dock signage visible from I-95. I didn't catch this amazingly huge sign the first time I came.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

coolbabes

I just got this baby off ebay.  What I'll do with I don't really know but I just had to have it.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by coolbabes
I just got this baby off ebay.  What I'll do with I don't really know but I just had to have it.

I want it!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Zayre88

Bradlees in Concord NH.  It's a picture taken in sept. 2000 with a regular camera.  I scanned the picture years ago, it's not new.

I recently found the original picture and took a picture of it with my digital camera for a larger and clearer image:

XISMZERO

A price sticker from Bradlees found on a plastic crate; likely from the 80's. Found at the grandmother's house...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Zayre88

Inside the former Bradlees in Topsham, ME.  Now Village Candle Factory.  The ceiling, lighting and some slatwall are what's left from Bradlees.

NJxxJon

Just posted one...in photography for the board!
JN

XISMZERO

Just drove by the other day via I-95: Bradlees in Stratford, CT is (finally) in the process of being demolished. Didn't get any demo pictures, sorry!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a advertisement for the opening of the Newington, Connecticut store in August 1982. Bradlees (then owned by Stop & Shop Co.) took over this larger Newington store as its 98th store in a former space of a Two Guys Discount Department Store.
This ad was run in the Hartford Courant.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

A newspaper ad from Hartford Courant: Bradlees opens at Bristol Plaza in November 1960. What an incredible image of what this store looked like in its age!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

powersbt

Anyone ever seen those Bradlees Logos used elsewhere other than in this Newspaper Ad?? Interesting Find.

AmesNewington

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Here's a advertisement for the opening of the Newington, Connecticut store in August 1982. Bradlees (then owned by Stop & Shop Co.) took over this larger Newington store as its 98th store in a former space of a Two Guys Discount Department Store.
This ad was run in the Hartford Courant.

I'm thrilled about seeing this!! While I wasn't born until 1989, I remember going to this Bradlees in its later years. I got most of my toys from there (and of course Ames). It of course closed in October 1996 during the company's beginning round of closing stores. So, it was there for 14 years! Wow! The Newington Ames only outlasted Bradlees in Newington by 1 year. Also, both the Newington Ames and Bradlees closed on October 19.

BTW: do you have anything on the Newington Ames or any past or present Newington stores from newspapers.

XISMZERO

AmesNewington, I will search for more on the Ames of Newington. Chris has some pictures on the locator of the store that I find impressive. I barely remember what the store looked like.

Here's an update on Bradlees in Stratford taken just today. Yep, just dirt piles is left (now you can I-95 easily). It's completely demolished for BJs. They finally got working on it!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Now demolished Bradlees in Stratford, CT. Taken today. Jo-Ann Fabrics closed their next door store for the demolition and BJ's extra space..
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Bradlees; Stratford, CT now demolished. BJ's will be "coming soon" as the plaza sign suggests. Please look back a few pages for what the site looked like just a few months back.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr