Stop & Shop

Started by AmesNewington, April 02, 2005, 12:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XISMZERO

Super Stop & Shop; Torrington, CT. 3-9-07.

Road pylon. This plaza's kind of isolated and the facade is bizarre and features an off-mall grounds JCPenney anchor (one of the few if only in CT).
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

i heard the company is haveing probelms with over expanding and such there also clsoing some udner prefomroing stores too this year one of them being the one i work at
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Rayco7030

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
the stop and shop across hamden mart in hamden ct that replaced the one in hamden mart and opened 10 yrs ago.

i cal it the style of the 90's :yup:
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

XISMZERO

The original Stop & Shop at the former Charter Oak Mall in East Hartford. The store opened in April 1976 but has since remodeled and relocated a few times since. The original store is now occupied by Big Lots.

More surprise! There's also a small Bradlees labelscar on the building side!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

AmesNewington

I have heard that the Berlin Stop and Shop closed their Seafood department due to poor sales. Has that happened in any other Stop and Shop?

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
I have heard that the Berlin Stop and Shop closed their Seafood department due to poor sales. Has that happened in any other Stop and Shop?

I've heard Shaw's radio commercials claiming that some grocery stores are shutting down their seafood dept. while Shaw's is keeping them and is always fresh... and so on...

I didn't knew what was the chain targeted in this ad.

fa152

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington

I've heard Shaw's radio commercials claiming that some grocery stores are shutting down their seafood dept. while Shaw's is keeping them and is always fresh... and so on...

I didn't knew what was the chain targeted in this ad.

I work for Stop & Shop and this is something they've done chainwide,  I believe about 1/3 of the stores no longer have a full-service seafood dept.  But, the self-serve seafood depts., we still have seafood associates that still cut the fish and check it/cut it several times throughout the day just like the meat dept.  Several chains in NY are advertising the same thing... like King Kullen's "We're keeping the Customer Service", meanwhile go into almost any King Kullen, or Waldbaum's/A&P for that matter and you're lucky if the seafood dept. is open by 10 or 11, and if their is even an associate around at all- and the dept. reeeeeks big time.  The thing that is good about self-serve seafood dept.'s is that the seafood isn't being handled in and out of the case for 2 or 3 days being exposed to air and not half as fresh; with self-serve once it is cut and wrapped, it isn't exposed to air, it's fresher and tastes better.  The only thing that sucks is... no more lobsters in these stores... other than that though, it's going over pretty well.

store215

Stop & Shop's "sister chain", Giant (Maryland/Delaware) is also cutting back on the full service departments like seafood and floral. The problem with seafood is, unless it is a real high volume store in a middle-upper class neighborhood, the seafood is just not going to sell well (seafood is expensive!).

store215

I'd thought I add that Stop & Shop is doing so poorly in South Jersey (they haven't been there that long, most converted from the "Super G" banner), that Ahold, the parent company, sold them off to independent Shop Rite operators.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
I'd thought I add that Stop & Shop is doing so poorly in South Jersey (they haven't been there that long, most converted from the "Super G" banner), that Ahold, the parent company, sold them off to independent Shop Rite operators.

Good. The one here in Jackson NJ blows. I hope they make it a set of woods again :cool:
JN

standa

I read that Stop & Shop is closing the Liberty Tree Mall store in Danvers, MA.  I think it was open for only a few years.  Is anyone familiar with that store?  Did it ever do well?

XISMZERO

stop and shop in Danvers (liberty tree) is closing due to poor sales and too many supermarkest in the area: here is the url http://salemnews.com/punews/local_story_341094139

That Kohl's on the other end must've been a Bradlees. The era of mall Stop & Shop stores are coming to an end. They, like many other retailers, prefer their own stand alone properties nowadays.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
stop and shop in Danvers (liberty tree) is closing due to poor sales and too many supermarkest in the area: here is the url http://salemnews.com/punews/local_story_341094139

That Kohl's on the other end must've been a Bradlees. The era of mall Stop & Shop stores are coming to an end. They, like many other retailers, prefer their own stand alone properties nowadays.

kohl's was a ann and hope and so was stop and shop. ABout this Stop and shop in Rutland vt, I saw the building up and no logo this past March and a few weeks ago!!! I heard it might not open, But why?

amesman

They were supposed to open one in Rutland, VT. They built it, put the signs up and everything, but then, everything stopped, and it's been sitting like that for about a year now.

arnoldziffel

they are building a new one on long island.  it's going to be huge.  should be open next month i would say.

davidsky

The old Ames in New Paltz NY was demolished to build a Super Stop and Shop.

standa

QuoteOriginally posted by arnoldziffel
they are building a new one on long island.  it's going to be huge.  should be open next month i would say.

In which town of  Long island will it be opening?

standa

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
They were supposed to open one in Rutland, VT. They built it, put the signs up and everything, but then, everything stopped, and it's been sitting like that for about a year now.

I read that the Rutland, VT Stop & Shop will open as Hannaford.

standa

My local Stop & Shop in Hamden, CT (2335 Dixwell Avenue) is getting its health & beauty department rearranged.  I was wondering if this is happening at other Stop & Shops too.

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by standa
My local Stop & Shop in Hamden, CT (2335 Dixwell Avenue) is getting its health & beauty department rearranged.  I was wondering if this is happening at other Stop & Shops too.

I have seen it at Stop & Shop stores in NY and MA also, so it is probably a chainwide operation.

I have seen other stores (like drugstores) do this once a year or so, in order to get rid of slow moving merchandise and add in new stuff (as you may have noticed, only a small amount of any item were marked down (like 1 or 2 Garnier hair care, out of 25+ types they stock for example).

standa

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by standa
I saw that New York City has many unusual looking Stop & Shops with rooftop parking such as this one.

See the link for photo.

http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuc3RvcCslMjYrc2hvcCU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMiZiYj00MC42NDgxMzExOTMxNTk1JTdlLTczLjk1NjA0ODQ4NTc2NCU3ZTQwLjY0NTc5ODMzMTQ0NTMlN2UtNzMuOTU4MDA0Njg1MTk2NA==

that one was a caldor at one time that also had a rooftop parking
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

standa

this stop and shop in Malden mass was a Purity supreme and is either 51000 sf or 60000 sf

from www.srweiner.com

I found the site plan for this Stop & Shop on the W/S Development website.  It appears from the drawing to be in the shape of the new look of Stop & Shop.  Has this store been remodeled (with a new facade), or is it still a work in progress?

Anonymous

Anyone have a pic of the
Danvers S&S its being knocked down soon. Nordstroms is going in.

standa

I found this picture from picasaweb.  It shows how the new Unionville, CT Stop & Shop will look.  I have never seen a Stop & Shop looking like this before.  Is this how new stores will look now? Or was it a special look for this location only?

silverrose43

that looks like the Stop and Shop they built in Montville CT last year. I think its their design for new stores. They're really nice inside too.

standa

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
Anyone have a pic of the
Danvers S&S its being knocked down soon. Nordstroms is going in.

Here is a picture of the former Danvers (Liberty Tree Mall) Stop & Shop (next to Kohl's).  It looks very new, and it was open only for a few years.

Picture from info-usa/live maps/

Lastdaysofrain

They are knocking that down? Is it closed already? It was only open for probably two or three years, tops.

standa

I think the Danvers (Liberty Tree Mall ) Stop & Shop closed early this year.

store215

I guess Nordstrom's paid S&S a lot of $$ for the property....must be a very high class area