Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

Marc82

Marc82

d_fife

all three pictures are of the Bradlees in Dedham mass in teh dedham mall that ws built in 1964, was 76,000 sq.ft. and torn down along with most of the mall and rebuilt into lowe's in 2005. I digitized these pictures and I took them. I took these pictures in 2003.

Again bradlees in dedham (all three pictures of them)

d_fife

I digitized these pictures and took them myself.

1. Top picture is Bradlees in Dorchester mass on morrissey blvd and it was 85,000 sq.ft.t and now a liquidators store. I took this picture in 2003.

2 bottom picture is the vacant bradlees in dedham mass. I took this picture in 2003

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them

1. picture to the left of the pictures is the bradlees sign in woburn mass. I took this picture in 2000.

2. Top picture to the right is the Bradlees in burlington mass. it opened probably in the 1970s and was 105,000 sq.ft. and now kohl's. I took this picture in 2000.

3. below the top one - back of the bradlees in burlington mass. I took this picture in 2000.

4. bottom picture. Bradlees in Woburn mass, and it opened in 1964. it is now kohl's. I took this picture in 2000.

d_fife

all 5 pictures are of the Bradlees in concord Nh. I digitized these picture and took these pictures myself in 2000, the day after they announced the liquidation sale.

d_fife

1. left hand picture is the bradlees sign in manchester nh and I took this picture in 1996.

2. top right picture is the Bradlees in Plaistow NH that opened in 1986 and 84,000 sq.ft. and now Kohl's. I took this picture in 1998.

3. below top. Bradlees in Manchester Nh that replaced the 78,000 sq.ft. woolco in 1983 after relocating from their downtown store (I will photograph it soon as I haven't yet.) that opened in the 1960s. It is now stop and shop. I took this picture in 1996.

4. bottom - rest of the plaistow store - I took this picture in 1998.

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them. all 3 pictures are of the 90,000 sq.ft. Bradlees in Salem nh in the rockingham mall that opened 35 yrs ago and now a kohl's. I took the first 2 pictures in 1996 and the bottom one in 1999.

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them. All 4 pictures are of the Bradlees in North Andover Mass (on the lawrence line) and the stoer was big big big and built in the 1970s and now kohls. the first picture on the top right was taken in 1997. the rest of the pictures were taken in 2000. from the first and 2nd visit the store got an inside remodel and the first time I went the wall paper was outdated color like brown. the updated allpaper color was white and red. The standard wallpaper was grey.

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them. all 3 picutres are of the Bradlees in the Nashua mall and it replaced woolco in 1983 and was 80,000 sq.ft. and the inside was outdated like the wallpaper was brown and had whiteish orangish lettering. The first 2 pictures were taken in 2001. the 3rd picture was taken in 2000. the store was demolished and rebuilt into kohls.

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them. all 4 pictures are of the bradlees in nashua mall in nashua nh

the first picture (left hand) was taken in 2001 when it was demolished for kohls and a wall of the store remained.

the 2nd picture (right hand) was taken in 1999

the 3rd picture (below the first right hand picture) was taken in 2000

the fourth picture bottom was taken in 2002.

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them. all 4 are of the downtown Bradlees in Nashua nh in the globe / sinenomeau plaza and the store opened in 1962 / 1963 and was 84,000 sq.ft and the stairs going to the bathroom were wooden and the floor in the store was metal and the wallpaper was the standard grey.

1. the left hand picture was taken in 2001

2. the top right hand picture was taken in 1998.

3. the picture below the top right picture was taken in 1997.

4. the bottom picture was taken in 2001.

d_fife

all 5 pictures are of the downtown Bradlees in Nashua nh.

I digitized these pictures and took these pictures myself. the top left hand picture was taken in 2002. the bottom left hand picture was taken in 2003. the top right hand picture was taken in 2002. the top 2nd right hand picture was taken in 2001. the bottom right hand picture was taken in 2003.

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them.

all 4 pictures are of the Bradlees in newington nh. the store replaced the 85,000 sq.ft. jm fields in 1983. and it was in the newington mall / crossings at fox run and is now a kohl;s.

I took the top right hand picture in 1996. I took the 2nd right hand picture in 2000. I took the bottom right hand picture in 2001. I took the left hand picture in 2001.

d_fife

1. the top left hand picture is the bradlees sign in keene nh and I took that picture in 1996.

2. the top right picture was the 104,000 sq.ft. bradlees in KEene nh (it replaced grants in late 1970s and was added by 30,000 sq.ft. in 1995) it is now wal-mart. I took the picture in 1996 I have now posted every bradlees in NH on this.

3. the 2nd right picture and the bottom right pictures were in Chelmsford mass (the stoer was kings). I took both chelmsford pictures in 2000. the store is now Kohl;s.

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them. All 5 pictures are the bradlees in WEstbrook Maine

1. the top left hand picture is the vacant Bradlees in Westbrook Maine (on the portland line). I took this picture in late 2003. the store and the closed hannaford is now kohl's. the store opened in 1963 and was 52,000 sq.ft.

2. the bottom left picture is the side of the bradlees. I took this picture in late 2003.

3. the top right picture is the bradlees sign in westbrook me. I took this picture in 2003.

4. the 2nd right picture is the Bradlees in westbrook. I took this picture in 2003.

5. the bottom right picture is the bradlees in westbrook me. I took this picture in 2003.

d_fife

1. the top left picture is the  bradlees sign in peabody mass. the store opened in 1996 and closed in 1999.  and was 105,000 sq.ft. I took this picture in 1997.

2. the bottom left picture is what replaced the bradlees in peabody mass I took this picture in 2001.

3. the top right picture is the bradlees in leominster mass (it was 82,500 sq.ft. and opened in the searstown mall and I do not know if it opened when the mall opened in 1967). it was demolished and rebuilt into filene's. I took this picture in early 2001 during hte sale

4. the 2nd right picture is the bradlees in leominster mass. I took this picture in 2001.

5. the bottom right picture is the bradlees in peabody mass. I took this picture in 1997.

d_fife

1. the top left hand picture is a bradlees sign in chelsea mass and it has a big B ontop of bradlees. I took this picture in 2002.

2. the bottom left picture is what is now in the bradlees in medford mass in the meadow glen mall that opened in 1979. I took this picture in 2002.

3. the top right picture is the bradlees in framingham mass that opened in teh 1970s or 60s and 100,000 sq.ft. and now kohls. I took this picture in 1996

4. The picture below the top is the Bradlees in Chelsea mass and it opened in 1963 or 1964 and it recently became Home Depot.

5. the bottom picture is the huge bradlees sign on rt. 16 in chelsea.

d_fife

1. the top left picture is the side of the bradlees in chicopee. It became wal-mart. I took this picture in 2003.

2. the bottom left picture is the bradlees sign in quincy mass. I took this picture in 2001.

3. the top right picture is the vacant bradlees in chicopee mass. it is now wal-mart. it was in the fairfield mall and was 115,000 sq.ft. opened 1974 and I took this picture in 2003

4. the picture below the top right is the bradlees in quincy mass that was 82,000 sq.ft. and opened 1965. I took this picture in 2001 6 months after it closed.

5. the bottom right picture is the bradlees in quincy mass.

d_fife

1. the top left picture is the bradlees mall entrance in teh silver city galleria in taunton mass. I took this picture in 2003

2. the bottom left picture is the bradlees sign of the one in foxboro mass. I took this picture in 2003.

3. the top right picture is the vacant 60,000 sq.ft. bradlees in Foxboro mass that was built in 1980. I took this picture in 2003.

4. the picture below the top right - the bradlees in taunton mass in the silver city galleria that opened in 1992 and 90,000 sq.ft. it is now dick's sporting goods. I took this picture in 2003.

5. the  bottom right picture is the original bradlees in taunton mass in downtown mall taht opened in 1972 and 60,000 sq.ft. and brefly became stuarts.

d_fife

1. the top right picture is the bradlees in hyannis mass that was 80,000 sq.ft. It is now home depot. I took this picture in 2003.

2. the picture below the right top and the bottom pictures are the former Bradlees in Falmouth mass in the mall that was 72,000 sq.ft. and opened 1972. notice the labelscar in the entrance. the store was the same color as the mall. it is now wal-mart. I took this picture in 2003.

d_fife

all three picture are of what was the bradlees in dennisport mass.  the bradlees was 37,000 sq.ft. notice how small it was. it must have been built in 1965.

I took these pictures in 2003.

d_fife

all 3 pictures are of the bradlees in orleans mass. the store was 52,000 sq.ft. and it is now a bigger stop and shop (the one next door to this expanded into it). I took these pictures in 2003.

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digiitized them

1. is what was where somerset mass (near fall river) was and it was being torn down for a bigger stop and shop. I took this picture in 2003.

2. the top right hand picture is the bradlees in pittsfield mass that as 90,000 sq.ft. and opened 41 years ago. I was told it is now becoming dick's sporting and bed bath beyond. I took this picture in 2004.

3. picture below the right top and the bottom right pictures are the sign of the one in somerset mass (near fall river) and it was being torn down for a bigger stop and shop. I took this picture in 2003.

d_fife

bradlees sign in dorhcester mass on morrisey blvd. I took this picture in 2003.

I digitized this picture adn took this picture myself.

d_fife

bradlees sign in somerset mass. I took this pictuer myself in 2003 and digitized it.

webcookie

The Bradless in Plaistow looks just like the one in Middletown, NY. Well, ours is gone now, though. It's an A.J. Wright and Ashley Furniture.

After all these stores get replaced by a few stores, I realize how big they were. Ames was an AC Moore and Media Play, and now Media Play is gone and half of it is Michael's and half is still vacant. Ames was huge!
Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

amesman

Never knew that the AC Moore/Media Play was an Ames. cool.

Here's a picture of the old Middletown Bradlees.

amesman