Office Max

Started by Caldor1999, January 09, 2005, 03:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

Office max never relly been to one befor hears a pic i hope is not to big i'll get to resizing my pics soon

(edited: Sorry, board rules... please keep pic 640 x 480)
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

Here's an exterior pic of one of the Albany, New York locations, in the same plaza as the Kohl's, which used to be Builders Square(see the Kohl's thread) :)

tokensafari

Office Max isn't doing so well it looks like. They recently closed a store up by our mall, due to increased competition from Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, and Wal-Mart.

tokensafari

I really couldn't tell a difference between Office Depot and Office Max. I know Office Max stopped selling computers after awhile, due to sluggish sales. They tried teaming with Gateway Computers, but that quickly went down the hole!

amesman

who took my picture off? I resized it!! :mad:

amesman

never mind, I put it back up..It was 640 X 480 the whole time..

store215

^Hechinger carts were blue...at least the ones at the stores around me.

My local Office Max closed...they couldn't compete with Staples (2 and soon to be 3 in the area) and the building has been empty since March 03. I wish Office Depot would move in.

storehistoryguy

I like Office Max. They are always helpful there. I bought a mini frige there once. I always got there for any other stationary stuff too.:bounce:

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
I like Office Max. They are always helpful there. I bought a mini frige there once. I always got there for any other stationary stuff too.:bounce:

I liked Office Max too, but they closed the Warminster store a year back, so now I have to drive to Willow Grove or Montgomeryville. Office Max has stuff Staples doesn't carry during the back-to-school time, thats about the only time I go there. I miss their Free after rebate CD-R's too.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Office Max isn't doing so well it looks like. They recently closed a store up by our mall, due to increased competition from Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, and Wal-Mart.

YA, they have downsized.

They closed the one in SAlem NH. IT ONLY LASTED 2 years.

I saw ones in Brighton and Somerville vacant last year. A few years ago I saw one in Danvers vacant. The one in SOuth Portland closed.

VERMONT IS THE ONLY STATE WITHOUT ONE. I SAW SPACE AVAILBE SUFF ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE ONES IN NEWINGTON CT AND DEDHAM MASS. THEY had 3 rounds of closings. Them closing in DAnvers and SOuth Portland are bad since they are certenly lucrative retail areas and If they cannot make it at those places they won't make it.

storehistoryguy

tokensafari

My office max closed and is now a goodies

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
My office max closed and is now a goodies

Goodies? What that? A goodies store? :insane:

Zayre88

Former South Portland, ME OfficeMax (logo has been removed)

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Former Warminster, PA OfficeMax (logo has been removed)

I think the perfect store to put in the Warminster store would be a farmer's market. :yup:

store215

I think the perfect store to put in the Warminster store would be a farmer's market. :yup:

I wish OfficeMax would reopen there, or maybe Office Depot. There is no competition over Staples anymore unless you drive to Montgomeryville or Willow Grove (which has one of each store)

storehistoryguy

I wish OfficeMax would reopen there, or maybe Office Depot. There is no competition over Staples anymore unless you drive to Montgomeryville or Willow Grove (which has one of each store)

It seems to me that those two shopping centers lately haven't been good luck for stores. Ames closed because business was down at that location. So did Red, White and Black Furniture, Burlington Coat Factory, Eckerd and Office Max.

TRU7536

The one in Newington CT closed down a year ago. Building still empty, but man did they close that store quick and without notice, lol

storehistoryguy

I think Office Max is on there way down. Staples is getting bigger. There aren't many Office Depots near me. I only know one they opened this year in Willow Grove Pa. in a former Kids "R" Us, but I haven't been inside. I perfer Office Max though.

Crawford

How are these places doing anyway? The one in Seekonk Mass closed awhile ago and is now a NAMCO store (sells seasonal items, pool tables and such) They even changed the name of the plaza from Office Max Plaza to NAMCO plaza. Going into one is like going into a Staples. No difference at all.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
How are these places doing anyway? The one in Seekonk Mass closed awhile ago and is now a NAMCO store (sells seasonal items, pool tables and such) They even changed the name of the plaza from Office Max Plaza to NAMCO plaza. Going into one is like going into a Staples. No difference at all.

they have closed many officemaxs and when did seekonk close? They even closed on major shopping strips and that is not a good sign.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford

they have closed many officemaxs and when did seekonk close? They even closed on major shopping strips and that is not a good sign.

I just think Office Max is to underrated. I usually always go to them for my offic supplies. I even worked at one part-time for five months in 2003 when my wife was between jobs. I like it their.

d_fife

this DSW shoe warehouse was originally the officemax in south portland maine! it closed march 2004. auburn maine one is left. it is on maine mall road in mallside plaza.

greg8370

Warm up those digital camera as I'm hearing that OfficeMax will be exiting New England by March of this year.  A 110 store nation wide will close.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by greg8370
Warm up those digital camera as I'm hearing that OfficeMax will be exiting New England by March of this year.  A 110 store nation wide will close.

IS THIS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is another thread that says OFFICE MAX.

store215

Looks like more closings are on the way:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Office products retailer OfficeMax Inc. (OMX) on Tuesday said it would close 110 U.S. stores by the end of March and would take total charges of $187 million over the fourth quarter of 2005 and the current quarter. ... The company said it would also close five stores in Canada ... Still, OfficeMax expects to open up to 70 new stores in 2006.

I don't think Office Max will be around too much longer. (The last time they did a round of closings, the stores were also gone by the end of March). Staples is pretty much killing them.

d_fife

Looks like more closings are on the way:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Office products retailer OfficeMax Inc. (OMX) on Tuesday said it would close 110 U.S. stores by the end of March and would take total charges of $187 million over the fourth quarter of 2005 and the current quarter. ... The company said it would also close five stores in Canada ... Still, OfficeMax expects to open up to 70 new stores in 2006.

I don't think Office Max will be around too much longer. (The last time they did a round of closings, the stores were also gone by the end of March). Staples is pretty much killing them.

I Agree with that statement. they have had now 4 rounds of closings, in 2001 wth 50 stores, in 2002 with 50 stores and in 2004 with 50 stores and now 110 stores!!! I Agree they closed in shopping strips with a lot of stores and that is a bad sign.