Main Menu

Sears

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2pBGpfVVMA

a old 1986 commerical this was for a cyndi lauper album
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

Sears sees earnings tumble 42%

Sears Holdings, the third largest US retailer, reported on Thursday a 42 per cent fall in quarterly earnings as it continues to face falling sales at its Sears and Kmart stores.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20521406/

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Sears sees earnings tumble 42%

Sears Holdings, the third largest US retailer, reported on Thursday a 42 per cent fall in quarterly earnings as it continues to face falling sales at its Sears and Kmart stores.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20521406/

thats not good for them but there sadley to deceling retailers i have to giev credit to sears for trying to revamp them selfs i really think they should ditch the clouthing line and just stick to applinces u can always find it there example

i had an AC in my room that was from 1980 and it dident work anymore and i need something that was the same size so i looked at best by home depot and none of them had the right size for my room but Sears did so yea applince wize sears is pretty good
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

mikey7290

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Sears Appliance Outlet; West Haven, Connecticut. Taken yesterday (5.14.2007). What a rarity! Check out that old-school logo!

There used to be a Sears catalog store here in Ogdensburg NY from 1955 until 1993 and for most of those years the store had a sign on it just like this except the sign was one piece and had five squares on it side by side with each letter of the Sears name in an individual square, just like this reproduction I made using MS Paint.

Ameskid

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Here's a Sears Essentials in Nashua, New Hampshire. There seems to be a few converts in New Hampshire. Taken 2-11-2007.
That "Pharmacy" sign has the K Mart lettering/font.  Also, on the picture below that one, they're using old grey K Mart carts, right?
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

beachgal26

Wow, having been a loyal Sears customer for over 40 years (yes, I'm giving my age away), I would be encouraged if any of our 2 remaining stores would give themselves a facelift and help them stand out from the crowd.  It seems as though there are so many new chains coming to our area, that the remaining vintage chains like Sears would sit aup and take notice.  However, it appears that the new company that own both Sears and K-Mart are doing nothing (at least in TN) to reinvent themselves.  I do feel that Sears days are numbered and would be surprised to see them around in another 10 years.

:no:   :no:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
Wow, having been a loyal Sears customer for over 40 years (yes, I'm giving my age away), I would be encouraged if any of our 2 remaining stores would give themselves a facelift and help them stand out from the crowd.  It seems as though there are so many new chains coming to our area, that the remaining vintage chains like Sears would sit aup and take notice.  However, it appears that the new company that own both Sears and K-Mart are doing nothing (at least in TN) to reinvent themselves.  I do feel that Sears days are numbered and would be surprised to see them around in another 10 years.

:no:   :no:

i really blam the kmart merger i mean kmart its self was a dyeing chain that enevr did much to keep there stores in shape and well i cant say the same for sears they have done a good job keepeing there stores up todate but i really think it was a bad idea to convert kmart stores into sears essisantile stores and then convert them to sears grand stores and most of the locations they took over were never rentaved and up to date and when sears moved in they harldley did anything to change it

if anything Sears is going down the same path montgomery ward did
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

Sears Holdings stock plunged 12.6% Thursday nov. 29 after the company reporting a 99% drop in profit. Net income fell to $2 million for the third quarter ended Nov. 3 from $196 million a year earlier.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200711291519DOWJONESDJONLINE000961_FORTUNE5.htm

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2916850720071129

What's going on, what's next, discuss !!

Marc82

I say we start writing the obituary for Sears/KMART.

dmx10101

Sears Holdings stock plunged 12.6% Thursday nov. 29 after the company reporting a 99% drop in profit. Net income fell to $2 million for the third quarter ended Nov. 3 from $196 million a year earlier.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200711291519DOWJONESDJONLINE000961_FORTUNE5.htm

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2916850720071129

Thats depressing, I like Sears and K Mart, especially K Mart.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Zayre88

Another bad move by Sears;

Craftsman to end truck series sponsorship

According to the Kansas City Star, Craftsman will end its 13 year sponsorship of the truck series after its deal expires at the end of 2008

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=224331&hubname=auto_racing

I think they still are the "official tools of Nascar".  But still, Lowe's and Home Depot are deeply involved in Nascar, especially Lowe's with its Kobalt tool line "The next generation of though tools".  A slogan directly aimed at Craftsman, old school tools ...

MikeRa

Another bad move by Sears;

Craftsman to end truck series sponsorship

According to the Kansas City Star, Craftsman will end its 13 year sponsorship of the truck series after its deal expires at the end of 2008

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=224331&hubname=auto_racing

I think they still are the "official tools of Nascar".  But still, Lowe's and Home Depot are deeply involved in Nascar, especially Lowe's with its Kobalt tool line "The next generation of though tools".  A slogan directly aimed at Craftsman, old school tools ...
Sears is doing what Anheuser Busch did with its sponorship deals in NASCAR:mad:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Zayre88

QuoteSears considers selling signature brands in other venues
Lampert says its exclusive brands may be sold elsewhere

CHICAGO TRIBUNE

With no sign of a sales pickup in sight, Sears Holdings Corp. Chairman Edward Lampert is making a radical suggestion: Sears should consider selling its proprietary brands such as DieHard, Craftsman and Kenmore through other retail outlets.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-fri-sears-shldfeb29,0,296965,full.story

Rayco7030

they shoudlve never been with k-mart in the first place

fact is k-mart being bankrupt and

that doent help carry that debt :(
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

arnoldziffel

this may be off topic, but i was at sears yesterday.  not sure what to make of it.  I was checking out the treadmills they had.   They had about 14 different ones and they were running a good sale.  I was pretty close to doing the deal, until the salesman wrote it up and said, "it will be ready for delivery after april 30th"  I was like, are you kidding?  you have it on sale and don't have any available anywhere to sell?   So, I left.   I might still buy it and wait for it to come in, but it made me scratch my head and wonder what the logic of even showing it was.

beachgal26

Unfortunately, customer service seems to be a dying feature at most Sears stores.  There is a location at our local mall that I shop at and it is very hit or miss to find someone to help you and even then, they may or not be able (or willing) to be of any help.

I think that it may have killed both chains to have Sears and K-Mart co-owned.  It does not seem as it has helped either chain to be any stronger.

:huh::huh::huh:

NJxxJon

JUST went on to look for a tool kit for me and my 19 year old brother. The sears (and K-Mart) site sucks. :huh: No tools are listed **BUT ON SALE*** :info:
JN

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
Unfortunately, customer service seems to be a dying feature at most Sears stores.  There is a location at our local mall that I shop at and it is very hit or miss to find someone to help you and even then, they may or not be able (or willing) to be of any help.

I think that it may have killed both chains to have Sears and K-Mart co-owned.  It does not seem as it has helped either chain to be any stronger.

:huh::huh::huh:

I don't think them combining is what hurt them, I think the idiot ceo Eddie Lampart is the one to blame, as he doesn't know how to run the company and has run it into the ground by his mismangement.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

videogamer75

There is an old sears with the 1970's red times new roman font logo in vineland, new jersey, at the intersection of landis avenue (rt 56) and delsea drive (rt 47). It even says "sears roebuck and co." in full on the side of the building. i passed by it about a week ago, or so

videogamer75

i got a picture of the old sears with 70's logo in vineland as well, i will post it later

MikeRa

I believe these were the only Full Scale SEARS locations in the Philadelphia, Pa area in 1960.

• Roosevelt Boulevard & Adams Avenue, Philadelphia (Combo Store and Catalog Warehouse)
  • 64th & Market Street, Millbourne (this location was former Millbourne Mills site, inbetween PRT/PTC/SEPTA's Market Frankford Line's 63rd Street & Millbourne Stations)
  • 1495 Old York Road, Abington
  • Adm. Wilson Boulevard, Camden

And these two sites were partial SEARS locations

• 22nd Street & Oregon Avenue, Philadelphia
  • Chelten & Wayne, Philadelphia
  • Levittown Shopping Center, Tullytown
  • Willingboro Shopping Center, Willingboro, NJ
:)
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Jonah Norason

Sears and Kmart together have way too many concepts and remodels they never followed through on.

The Duluth concept: http://www.labelscar.com/retail-news/sears-duluth-concept

Mobil

One time, at my local mall, I saw a Sears "caution wet floor" sign right at the entrance to Macy's. This mall does not and does never have a Sears.
Are they the same company? :huh::huh::huh:

Marc82

No. Sears is Sears (now KMART)  And Macys is Federated.

Jonah Norason

No. It's a common misconception that people think ZOMG KMART BOUGHT SEARS but actually they merged somehow. Sears, Roebuck & Co. + Kmart Corp. = Sears Holdings Corp.

Mobil

These stores are officially called Sears Dealer Stores.

Mobil

It seems what they did with their logo in the 70's and early 80's [based on seeing the old stores and old TV ads] they're doing again. It seems their official logo is the mixed case sanserif one, but the ones still allowed on the stores is the all uppercase sanserif old one. WTF?

It seems Sears LOVES to do this

70's-80's Official logo serifed logo in a box mix case Logo on stores: all caps non boxed serif one
80's-early/mid 90's (my favorite era of all of them) Official logo:all caps sanserif italic one first version, Logo on the stores: all caps serif logo.

and now 2005 to present official logo: mixed case sanserif logo Logo on lot of stores:all caps sanserif logo.

This bugs the hell out of me since they're now showing it in ads PICK ONE DAMN IT! one or the other, NOT BOTH!!!!!!

It seems Sears ALWAYS had this problem,once they have a new logo it takes eons and eons to get it all switched over and once they switch over, they get a new logo making the previous one obsolete,and they hardly bother to change that one until much later on.

It seems Sears seems to be the only store to have this problem well besides Kmart which also suffers from this problem. :flaming:

CTAmeshopper

that's still my post you copied and pasted. :flaming:

Mobil

Sorry CTAmeshopper. I have been posting on CIH for a long time, since the days of their Voy message board. This time, I found a post on the Blue Crew ads, and I felt exactly what you did. I was excited to find a post about the logos in the ads. Your rant expressed my very thoughts about Sears, I shared it, and when I posted it originally, I gave credit to CIH.

I apologize for any harm done.

PaW

EDIT: Use the U2U/private message function, please. No spamming with personal messages.