Circuit City

Started by Marc82, January 10, 2009, 10:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRetroNickFan

I will miss Circuit City. I thought they were a good store. The service isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, I've also made plenty of good purchases there, and most I've been to were nice, clean stores. I'll see if I can get to my nearest store soon.

EddieJ1984

I think this thread should get merged with the other circuit city thread, its odd having 2 threads, cause pics will get posted heer one day then the next someone will post pics in the other thread. so merging both (keepin all the pics intact and all) I think would be a good idea.

patk

well my cc has 3 days to till its doom :hurt:
and i got a hand Basket :yup:
a pic will come!

retailfan

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6642046.html

Circuit City Stores To Shut This Sunday
By Alan Wolf -- TWICE, 3/5/2009 12:30:00 PM
Richmond, Va. — Circuit City's liquidators will close all of the chain's remaining stores this Sunday.

The shutdowns come about a week ahead of schedule and two week earlier than originally planned, as the stores are "basically running out of inventory," Scott Carpenter, VP of liquidator Great American Group, told The Associated Press.

TWICE confirmed the report with Tiger Capital Group, another of Circuit City's four liquidators that together sold off some $1.7 billion of inventory in seven weeks.

"Consumers reacted to the top-quality product that they had and the prices we were able to sell it at," Carpenter said.

Although the last of Circuit City's stores will close on Sunday, the company's wind-down process is expected to last two years as a skeleton crew liquidates remaining assets, shuts down remaining businesses and reconciles claims against the corporation.

beachgal26

Our store will be closing in 3 days and we went the other day to use a gift card that we had found.  There were only a few high-end TVs left, some AAA batteries and a handful of CDs.  

How sad!:(

AmesNewington

The Newington CC apparently is closing this weekend. I saw someone holding a sign by the Home Depot plaza in Berlin. The sign says "Final Weekend".

TRU7536

I walked in to the Newington store like 20 mins ago and they had nothing left. wierd to see the store so empty and the employees seem to be upbeat and they officially close Sunday. I got "I am Legend" 2 for 3$ 90% off lol.

retailfan

Yes the employees are probably glad its over
They have taken lots of crap from everybody and its not there fault I made my last visit a few days ago
I hate to see them close  and i was hoping they would bring out the HD DVD movies to sell  I heard thay were in a box in back but  never did they bring them out

patk

well my cc is now GONE :hurt:
i got there wen the doors shut for the last time :(
heres 2 pics!
befor\/

after \/

to all who worked @ cc s # 3707 thank u :cool:
allso i think the manger was making a good by vid :bouncing:

store215

I missed the store closing sale :( Pulled up before 4 today and all the employees were gathered outside saying their goodbyes :( I noticed a lot of CC carts floating around the lot though..I hope they forget about them.

patk

i think my cc put there carts inside!
allso i think my LNT (its 3 store's up) did the same thing!

Marc82

Circuit City closed for the last time yesterday. A friend of mine didn't even know about their demise. He doesn't have a lot of time to watch the news or read the paper or go out and about. He saw it when we were going to the Meriden Square Mall today.

AmesNewington

On Saturday, I went by the Newington store and it looks as if they are neglecting their carts. They were laying upside down in many spots near the Turnpike. It's a shame, the carts looked brand new and sleek. Would be good for Sam's Club or the like. Maybe they collected them on Sunday. I tend to think they don't care at this point.

EddieJ1984

^ Well the circuit city near me seems to have all the carts in the store, heres pics of the now closed circuit city of Cottman Ave in Northeast Philly.

nims57

wwefan101