Circuit City

Started by Marc82, January 10, 2009, 10:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

I figured that, but I wonder if they will reissue me a new card without the logo and remove CC from the terms.

retailfan

Probably not untill yourcard expires
I had on of the Ames cards back in the early 90s It wasent replaced untill it actually expired and then it had the bank name on it  Whats wird isAmes was still open when  ou stores closed  and was still open when they dropped the name of the card  I had a Montgomery ward card also when the closed  that card  i recieved a option to convert to  another of GECAFs retail cards  It had a great limit on it but they had noone around here  so i closed it

EddieJ1984

or if it really bothers you, tell them you lost your card or something and you need a new one, of course you wont be able to use it til you get the new one.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
What a bunch of bull crap! Why couldnt some garbage store like Macys go instead! Well, R.I.P. Circuit City. I guess the mall in Heaven is going to get another great anchor store

I'm going to my nearest CC tomorrow to take pics.

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
well this is sad all thoughs locations will be such an eye sore wonder whos gonna be next

I think its more sad that thousands are losing their jobs and yet another good store is going away forever! Aargh at least theres always Best buy

The Circuit City at Shore Mall actually was built as a Pantry Pride, then given the standard Circuit City treatment. Similar to the Office Depot across the street, which was a former Rickel.

Mobil

Im aware of that. It was also a Foodland for a while.

What's Foodland?

videogamer75

Sorry, I meant to say Foodtown.

EscheAmes

http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html

Its official....:(

RIP: CIRCUIT CITY you will be missed....

NJxxJon

Might go check out the brick NJ one this week....

The Freehold NJ one is long gone as the number was busy other day when I called it.

http://maps.google.com  - type in - "Circuit City (your zip code) eg - CC 012345  -This will give you phone numbers, CALL BEFORE YOU DRIVE. Im pissed that this one just left out of town weeks ago it looks.
JN

retailfan

Here In Indy I went Saturday  to CC th vultures were out in full force
Everything is 10-30 percent off I got a couple of Blu ray discs at 20 percent off  I really hate to see them go
also got some bank dvd-r forless the $10.00 for 50
My guess is they will be gone by  the end of February  at this rate

CTAmeshopper

Sigh, I'm not surprised that they're closing. :(

EddieJ1984

heres a pic of what I assume is their final circular (1/18/09-1/24/09)

wwefan101

ther prices were way to high in the frist place

JimSawhill

QuoteOriginally posted by DerangedHermit
I think its more sad that thousands are losing their jobs and yet another good store is going away forever! Aargh at least theres always Best buy

Circuit City sucked. No selection, negative customer service, and the stores were pigstys.

So true!! Everytime I went into a CC, the people ignored me. Heck once I applied for a job there - and they never called me back.

CC so long!! I know I won't miss you.

Kmart4life

It was bound to happen. Bought my LCD tv at hhgregg for $100.00 cheaper then Circuit City. "Another One Bites The Dust"

wwefan101

i did get great service a ther  millbury ma one dam this will be the second store  for this shoping center frist lines and things now   all they got left for big chains is barns and noble  kohls target and per one import then smaller stores

Kmart4life

Our local CC was packed yesterday and it is usually a ghost town.

Marc82

Drove by the one in Meriden today on the way to the mall. Typical Yellow Store Closing Banner was on the building. Sign said they will beat the prices of Bernies. (A CT based electonics/appliance retailer). Ironically I heard a commercial on HOT 93.7 a couple hours later for Bernies saying that they will beat Circuit City's Liquidation Prices.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Drove by the one in Meriden today on the way to the mall. Typical Yellow Store Closing Banner was on the building. Sign said they will beat the prices of Bernies. (A CT based electonics/appliance retailer). Ironically I heard a commercial on HOT 93.7 a couple hours later for Bernies saying that they will beat Circuit City's Liquidation Prices.  

Circuit City's liquidation prices are so high, just about anyone can beat them though :P

retailfan

Just got back from the store in greenwood In
20-50 percent off although only 10% off computers and ipods
they had brand new playstation 3 for $319.00
80 gb  wish i ha the $ to pick up that deal sill had 3 left
blueray dvds 30 percent off although one guy was pretty well clearing them out
store was slow today and the back half is empty  

jmcnamara96

wow really wish i could go to a liq. sale

TRU7536

I went to the Newington store.... Has Verizon left every location already??
The sales kind of sux but the parking lot was packed...store looks like a disaster....

C. Fontaine

I agree the prices aren't like any liquidation I've ever been to.  More like a typical year-end clearance.  The store in Holyoke yesterday was packed but people were buying mostly small items like DVD's, their computers/tv's/stereos were marked down around 10% or so, but the prices didn't seem like a deal at all.

TRJ22487

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
I agree the prices aren't like any liquidation I've ever been to.  More like a typical year-end clearance.  The store in Holyoke yesterday was packed but people were buying mostly small items like DVD's, their computers/tv's/stereos were marked down around 10% or so, but the prices didn't seem like a deal at all.

Not at all, I want to see 40%+ before I'm even raising an eyebrow in this economy

Caldor1999

any new pics of threre GOB sales i gotta get to the one by me also i woudent by anything from there i went there the other day to get a new lap top and it was marked down but the markdown price was the same price they had at best buy
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

EddieJ1984

Heres a few pics of the circuit city near me.

update: 2 indoor shots

retailfan

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
I went to the Newington store.... Has Verizon left every location already??
The sales kind of sux but the parking lot was packed...store looks like a disaster....

As of Saturday the Verizon store was still open in Greenwood  The poor girl was getting all kinds of crap from people  wanting the phones discounted and  asking her questions that she didnt know about te regular ccity merchandise Im surprised they havent pulled out as there company store is just down the road a mile or so

wwefan101

another one bitesa the dust  yawns   at least its not walmart closeing

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by wwefan101
another one bitesa the dust  yawns   at least its not walmart closeing

heh as much as idd love to see them close u wont have to wory about that but yea i need to get some pics of the one buy me
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Kmart4life

Went to my local store today and they are just about done. :(

retailfan

Yep Here in Greenwood they are getting empty  all the old sound area is roped off Verizon has closed but is still there
DVD still 30 percent off even though on tv they say 40 %
managed to find season 4 and 5 of 24  and a few blu ray movies  There will be some unhappy people though they had a bunch of Turbo Tax software  30 % off but if you read the boxes its for tax year  2007 they should just toss it