Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

THIS BRADLEES WAS IN EAST HAVEN on frontage road. IT closed in the first wave of closings in 1996.

You can see how awful looking it is and at the end of the plaza is the Toys ru s that closed in 2001. I have a picture of the old Kmart in east haven . I guess frontage road is a dying area, it, i hear has a plaza with TJ Maxx and Home goods and it once had Child world.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
THIS BRADLEES WAS IN EAST HAVEN on frontage road. IT closed in the first wave of closings in 1996.

You can see how awful looking it is and at the end of the plaza is the Toys ru s that closed in 2001. I have a picture of the old Kmart in east haven . I guess frontage road is a dying area, it, i hear has a plaza with TJ Maxx and Home goods and it once had Child world.

Yeah, it doesn't look to good. Wal-Mart of Lowe's will probebly knock it down for there store eventially. :flaming:

C. Fontaine

Yes, I've been through there before.  It is a dumpy area.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

Yeah, it doesn't look to good. Wal-Mart of Lowe's will
probebly knock it down for there store eventially. :flaming:

I heard that CArmax will go in where it was. That bradlees looks awful and probably opened in 1965.

Here is another bradlees picture. In bethlehem Pa, it was 86,000 square feet and built in 1987. it is now Wal-mart.

d_fife

this bradlees was in Bordentown NJ.

d_fife

this Bradlees was in Bridgewater NJ. I believe it opened in 1980.

d_fife

The bradlees is at the VERY LEFT End. it was 78,295 square feet.

It is now a Bigger stop and shop.

d_fife

this bradlees was in Broomall pa.

d_fife

this bradlees was in Brunswick NJ.

d_fife

this Bradlees was in East hanover nj

d_fife

this bradlees was in egg harbor township nj

d_fife

the bradlees in elmira ny is in this picture. it was 83,000 square feet.

d_fife

this bradlees was in glenolden pa.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
this one was in WEst Springfield mass and is now kohl's.

That store reminds me of the one posted by amesman: Middletown, New York on page 1 of the thread.

THIS BRADLEES STORE SHOWN IN THIS PICTURE IN post: posted on 16/7/2005 at 01:40 AM

LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE IN PLAISTOW NH (IT was 84,000 square feet, opened 86, now Kohl's) and LEominster MASS (Execept the side of the building is stony brown instead of the grey shown in the side of the middletown store, 82,500 squre feet, in the searstown mall that was built in 1967, now a 140,000 square foot Filene's).

for the bradlees in NH: there was 2 in Nashua: one in the Globe Plaza (a picture of it is shown in an earlier post in a collage of other stores, and it has the glass windows and the lettering on it, the wallpaper was grey like most, but the floor was metal, and the bath room area was wooden and metal, it was built in early 1963 and 84,315 square feet), and in the Nashua Mall (IT was a woolco, the wallpaper was yellow and grey and was 80,000 square feet, and it was torn down and rebuilt into Kohl's, In manchester it was orignally a store on elm st that is now an office building and it, in 1983, relocated into a 78,000 square foot former Woolco in 1983. In KEene it replaced a Wt grant in late 1969, and in 1995 expanded from 74,000 square feet to 104,000 squre feet. The one in Concord NH (probably about 80,000 square feet, the glass entrence is boarded up, and will be demolished to Lowe's) and Newington NH (85,000 square feet, now Kohl's) were JM Fields and they opened in 1982/1983. The one in SAlem NH was built in 1972 and 90,000 square feet and now Kohl's. The one in plaistow built in 1986.

Bradlees started in 1958 in NEw london Ct. In a round of closings in early 1998 that involed 6 stores, it closed the New london Ct store, as well as Groton Ct, and north attleboro mass, Allentown pa, Johnston City NY.

IN early 1996 it had a round of 12 closings, in october 1996 it closed 14, closed one in 1997, closed 6 in early 1998, closed peabody one in early 1999. The one in PRovidence RI opened in MArch 1996 (as did worcester (Fair plaza) mass, PEABODY MASS) and CLosed in October 1996 (in the 14 store round in oct 1996) and WHY DID THAT STORE HAVE THAT SHORT OF A LIFE!!!

d_fife

this bradlees was in hackensack NJ.

d_fife

this bradlees was in hazlet nj

d_fife

this bradlees was in middletown nj

d_fife

this 105,000 square foot Bradlees was in Horseham pa and it opened in 1985. it is now Wal-mart.

d_fife

This bradlees was one of the two in Jersey City NJ (One of the two closed in 1996) and this bradlees (shown) stayed through the end.  this one is now lowe's.

THE ONE in LEwiston MAine looked like this (I saw where the building was) and was built in 1973, about 84,000 square feet, closed may 1996, now divided into cinema and other stores.

d_fife

this bradlees was in manapalin nj.

storehistoryguy

this 105,000 square foot Bradlees was in Horsham Pa. and it opened in 1985. it is now Wal-mart.

Theres my favorite mall that no longer exsists. Before it was a Bradlees it was a Woolco.

d_fife

this one was in marlboro nj.

The one in TAunton MAss in the Silver City Looked like this. It was 90,000 square feet, stayed vacant until now as it will become Dick's sporting goods.

Caldor1999

The one in TAunton MAss in the Silver City Looked like this. It was 90,000 square feet, stayed vacant until now as it will become Dick's sporting goods.

that must be a typicle bradlees look heh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

that must be a typicle bradlees look heh

Yeah I remember that look

WOW it seems Bradlees got into a LOT of places!!!!!!!

Bradlees buildings where unique. They didn't all look the same.

Rayco7030

new bradlees look ;)
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

Rayco7030

pink bradlees like the letterting years ago on the springfield one
Burger King.MCdonald's

Rayco7030

one in springfield now super stop and shop on the right side
one in w springfield now a KOHL's  on the right side
there was one in waterbury,ct
Burger King.MCdonald's

storehistoryguy

Has anyone ever gotten there haircut at that Bradlees Haircuttery that the got rid of in the early 90's? I always got my haircut there after my barber had retired. They weren't bad.

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
You did?

Yes I did I was born in 1987 so its easy for me to forget things from the really early 90's!

I was born in 1968, so....