Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

hears what i found liying in teh back of a pathmark
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

and hears what i found in teh back
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hear i am looking pritty dumb in this picture
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

of course i took a lil something with me hehe
Caldor Forever!

powersbt

Another nice Trailer find!! Any idea why it was parked behind a Pathmark?? If I had to guess I would say it is used for crushed recyclable beverage products. The trailer appears to still be in use. My store has a trailer present at all times for recycled cans, but we never get a treat like that.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
Another nice Trailer find!! Any idea why it was parked behind a Pathmark?? If I had to guess I would say it is used for crushed recyclable beverage products. The trailer appears to still be in use. My store has a trailer present at all times for recycled cans, but we never get a treat like that.

yea there was a store that moved into a fromer service merchandise they had a tion of caldor and bradlees carts there they were reusing i found the bradlees truch and that bradlees cart in teh back of teh store i was luckey to stealr that strap i took pictures of teh caldor cart too
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

this Bradlees was in EAST HAVEN CONNECTICUT!!! IT closed in spring 1996 in the first wave of closings. nexz to it is the Toys r us that closed in early 2001.

greg8370

I was the last store manager in the history of this store. Every manager hated working there because the staff sucked, the building leaked in a million spots when it rained, and the customers were slobs. The Toys 'r Us side had been a Stop & Shop and there was a small dry cleaners on the other side that went out of business and we took over as a rec'ving area because the orginal rec'ving room had to be sealed off because of exposed abestoes. The 'hood used the back of the store as a dumping ground and every so often we had to order up a dumpster. There are also a couple of ghost stories about the place. A big old fashion fire escape in back. You could break into the Toys r Us building via a very flimsy upstairs common stockroom wall if you wanted. There are a million stories about that place; could have it's own website.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this Bradlees was in EAST HAVEN CONNECTICUT!!! IT closed in spring 1996 in the first wave of closings. nexz to it is the Toys r us that closed in early 2001.
is that bradlees still there?
Caldor Forever!

greg8370

yes it still there. It' built on a swamp and is sinking.  Also the cleanup cost for knocking down the building because of the asbetos will cost some bucks.

Caldor1999

hears the stradford bradllees i went to this store and took pics back in june these seem to be more new ones cause when i was there theu diden have teh brown palstc bags over the windows not this is ot my pic but yet again i dont know who to give credit to
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears anouther pic not mine as u see im guessing idd give cried to this person for this pic it must have been takeing around teh same time i viisted cause there are no bags on teh window heh
it looks like shes trying to raze bradlees from the dead :insane:
Caldor Forever!

TRU7536

ThAT BRADLESS in east haven looks very scary and dity looking. i would never expect that to be a bradless! I remember when i worked for Toys r us, everyone talked about the east haven store, no manager wanted to work their, it  was really bad, i know Toys r us wanted to close it for a long time.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
ThAT BRADLESS in east haven looks very scary and dity looking. i would never expect that to be a bradless! I remember when i worked for Toys r us, everyone talked about the east haven store, no manager wanted to work their, it  was really bad, i know Toys r us wanted to close it for a long time.

that is new haven for you, scary. A lot of the older bradlees had that cutoutboardlike thing (like Pittsfield Mass, Woburn Mass and Westbrook maine) in the middle of the building. This one was just never remodeled. They probably did not put money into it and it was probably built in like 1964 or 1965.

greg8370

The East haven store had a big lobby because it had a small snack bar area in there.  And no; they never remodeled that store.

greg8370

I heard from a good source the East Haven (#890) Bradlees has been knocked down after standing empty for nine years but the Toy's R Us building is still up.

Caldor1999

i just saw a braldees in New Cityteh outerh day i dident have my cam wit me though at teh time but it is in such bad condishion park of the red on the logo is cracking or falling off the dres are bored up and evreything the pains is peeling off the bulding the back is a mess with broking bottles carts tires anf garbage evrey were the shopping cenetr also had a grand union witch is also vacant and sevral out stores are cled there to theres only a wallgreens thats about it im gona go back to take some pictures soon
Caldor Forever!

TRU7536

posted on 24/2/2005 at 02:27 PM    

Here are many Bradlees stores  

Zayre88 has attached this image:

the top right picture, that use to be the old Bradlees of Newington CT, They closed in 1996 and Walmart knocked that building down to open in 2001. The building was mad old, use to be a Two Guys store before they came in.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
posted on 24/2/2005 at 02:27 PM    

Here are many Bradlees stores  

Zayre88 has attached this image:

the top right picture, that use to be the old Bradlees of Newington CT, They closed in 1996 and Walmart knocked that building down to open in 2001. The building was mad old, use to be a Two Guys store before they came in.

how come u cant see the picture:huh:
Caldor Forever!

AmesNewington

Oh, TRU!!! Please re-post the pic of the Newington store. That is what I'm looking for.

Caldor1999

hears the Bradlees in New City NY its sooo out dated it looks to ahve been bult in the early 70's it clsed in 2001 and is in such bad shape
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears anoutehr pic with the logo falling apart
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

and there i am with teh small sign heh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

i look lost in this picture lol

but yea this bradlees is verey creepy looking its falling apart and teh back is messed with old carts tires barrales of UNknow Luqied broken glass rusted carts beer bottles soda can riped garbage bags and lots of pot holes
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

Was that building originally a Bradlees or was it something else before?

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

that is an ugly looking Bradlees. Then again Bradlees announced they were closing 5 years ago from this time. It may or may not have been bradlees to be begin with.

the one in Concord NH, the closest one to me, is all boarded up.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

im guesssing it was always a bradlees its sooo creepy looking u can also tell thats a older bradlees logo cause newer ones dident have the white holding the letter together
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

That happens with me anytime I look in the windows of an old store or supermarket I used to remember going to and it makes me feel weird, brings back memories of the 70's and 80's.

storehistoryguy

Here a picture of a man who works at the Bradlees in Framingham. Heres the website. Pretty interesting. > http://webmaster.elmiraheights.com/bradlees/

Caldor1999

that bradlees i took pictures of has the old logo its kida teh same as the outeh rones only theres a whiyte backrouns holding teh letetrs together as seen in this picture with me in it hehe
Caldor Forever!