Two Malls Are One?

Started by storehistoryguy, December 18, 2005, 02:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by dayville81
Found it strange that King of Prussia is two malls. "The Court" and "The Plaza". I believe at one time Macy's anchored both, I remember going into Macy's from one mall and leaving the store going out into a totally different mall. That was before The Plaza expanded to include Neiman Marcus, Lord and Taylor, and Nordstrom. They have a covered walkway between the two malls but it brings you out on a crosswalk. I do remember the expansion being open last time I was there and having to walk on a crosswalk and almost getting runover! Couldnt they build a skywalk to officially connect the two malls? I also remember that The Court's 3rd department store which is now "The Pavilion". I was in this part of the mall on the lower level, only Borders was open with drywall covering the rest and the old chandlier from the old department store still there. A cone was placed in front of the esculator and the elevator had caution tape over it. They didnt want people on the upper level in this section since it was under construction and no stores were open but I went up the inoperable esculator to look around. Got strange looks from the construction workers but I wasnt in the middle of the area they were working on at the time and didnt stay too long. Just a curious person, what can I say?
The court at King of Prussia opened with Bamberger's, Bloomingdale's, and Abraham & Strauss as the original anchors.  Bamberger's became Macy's when R. H. Macy & Company changed the name of all it's Bamberger's stores to Macy's.  A&S sold their store to S&C.  This A&S/S&C store closed a couple of years after May acquired S&C.:saint:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Marc82

I stayed in King of Prussia while on vacation a few weeks ago. I went to the KoP Mall, but didn't look around at too much. I was basically just trying to find a place to eat because I was starving. Plus I was really stressed out from driving on I-76 the Schuykill Expressway. I found out why the natives refer to it as The SureKill Expressway.

I went to Burger King. I only had a cheeseburger and a Coke.

Since I had parked my rental vehicle near Sears I had to cut through the store. It didn't seem that busy. There were lots of employees standing around doing nothing. This was around 1:45-2PM on a Thursday.