JC Penney really close to bankruptcy

Started by Brammy, April 16, 2020, 12:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brammy

The Real Brammy

danfifepsu

Quote from: bjs203marc on April 16, 2020, 12:43:20 PM
JC Penney is really close to bankruptcy. The COIVD-19 thing could be the final nail in their coffin.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/15/jcp-jc-penney-bankruptcy-coronavirus-covid-19/5135988002/

I feared it'd come to this and hope they can successfuly restructure.

AmesNewington

It hasn't taken long for people to predict the demise of retail chains. Seriously, any retailer that's not essential are all in the same boa . We all have no idea how everything will play out and I would hope these stores are still around for years to come. Maybe this will light a fire under JCP and others to make BIG efforts to lure customers back to their stores through creative strategy.

On the other hand, this Pandemic most likely fared well for Kmart. Here's their chance to gain some customers back.

buzz86us

Quote from: AmesNewington on April 17, 2020, 05:25:28 PM
It hasn't taken long for people to predict the demise of retail chains. Seriously, any retailer that's not essential are all in the same boa . We all have no idea how everything will play out and I would hope these stores are still around for years to come. Maybe this will light a fire under JCP and others to make BIG efforts to lure customers back to their stores through creative strategy.

On the other hand, this Pandemic most likely fared well for Kmart. Here's their chance to gain some customers back.
my reaction to a store that charges a fee for in store pickup

bye Felicia..

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on April 18, 2020, 12:35:49 PM

my reaction to a store that charges a fee for in store pickup

bye Felicia..

Although it's odd that many of the supermarkets that do the same thing charge for it and that doesn't seem to be an issue that you hear about...

deerwrecker2017

The actual shape that each Non-essential Retailer is in regardless if it's in good or bad shape would depend on the financial (Amount of money on hand, Value of assets, Credit rating, Amount of liabilities, etc.) shape of each retailer

Given the actual current shape of Kmart and the fact that they are still are in the process of closing stores I absolutely doubt that this Pandemic will have any positive effect on them even in the short term. The COVID-19 Pandemic would only have had a positive effect on Kmart if their retail footprint were at least still at the levels they were prior to 2010.

retailisking

Bdubs

I better use that $100 gift card!

Or do I wait for a going out of business sale? That really sucks, because the Stafford dress shirts are the best fitting shirt, I’ve tried many others and always go back to the Stafford shirts.

Crazybangles