Court filing: Kmart pilfered St. Jude donations

Started by retailisking, February 07, 2019, 02:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

Stealing from crippled kids.  It really doesn't get much lower than that.

Bdubs

That’s insane. I also don’t understand how they authorized Lampert to continue damaging things further, rather than tell this guy to liquidate everything. Just enough to pump $5B into the company to let it circle the drain just one more time.

danfifepsu

Quote from: Bdubs on February 11, 2019, 08:45:32 PM
That’s insane. I also don’t understand how they authorized Lampert to continue damaging things further, rather than tell this guy to liquidate everything. Just enough to pump $5B into the company to let it circle the drain just one more time.

Just die already I feel of Kmart / Sears, and how the Judge Drain allowed them to stay. Is Eddie Greedy?

AmesNewington

If you read further in to the article (link below), it was a misunderstanding It was a poor leadership on their part, but Sears, in the form of their new company created by ESL, did pay St. Jude several months after the bankruptcy began. Long story short, with all the chaos of the bankruptcy, funds did not go where they were supposed to (including their creditors). I personally love what St. Jude does and is about and am not defending Kmart for this. I just don't understand why everyone on these boards wishes the death upon a retail chain so badly. Sure, I thought perhaps liquidation was a good idea for Sears, but having yet another chain go under wouldn't be a good thing. Since the judge thought they may have one more chance to survive, let's just see if he was right. I've seen so many articles online finding every little thing to blast Sears on. Live your life and let Sears worry about their own survival.  

https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/kmart-stiffed-st-jude-childrens-research-hospital-on-donations-court-docs/