Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies

Started by TheFugitive, November 02, 2018, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

They're BAA-AACK!

The 9+ weeks of 24-hour made-for-TV Christmas movies on The Hallmark Channel
(and it's sister channel, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries).

I never particularly cared for them, as to me it seems like they are nothing but
dime-store romance novels which just happen to be set at Christmastime.  But
I know a lot of people who love them.  Primarily women.

A buddy of mine was about to become a cord-cutter but was forced to backtrack
once his wife realized that this meant she would lose access to her Hallmark Christmas
movies.

Tuned in the other day and they were running one that starred Elizabeth Berkley.
From Saved By the Bell to Showgirls to a Hallmark Christmas Movie......that's some journey!  :o

giantsfan2016

Yeah well all Hallmark Movies on the main channel at least are romance movies. *Gag* There is one Hallmark Christmas movie I liked and only because I have an interest in radio and it took place at a radio station. The new morning man on a small town station was this woman's long time crush and she started sending him secret admirer notes.

TheFugitive

My sister's late father-in-law was a disc jockey for a bigtime rock and roll station here in town
back in the 1960's.  He moved on to a couple of cities in the Midwest, and ultimately to Southern California.

There he likewise started receiving notes from women who were secret admirers.
Problem was, he was married with 2 kids.  He started having affairs with them, and
when his wife found out she put the kids in the car and drove straight through to Pennsylvania,
crying all the way.

Wait a minute....this is sounding more like a Lifetime movie.

TheFugitive

In the Hallmark movie that was running this morning I am fairly certain that
Crystal Bernard was braless.  And she was playing Twister with Steve Guttenberg.

I thought these things were supposed to be "G" rated?

TheFugitive

And now the UP Channel and ION have joined in on airing
cheesy made-for-TV Christmas movies.

TheFugitive

GAC Family has entered the fray.  A former programming executive from Hallmark has taken over what used to be the Great American Country channel, which has been rebranded as GAC Family.  He has lured away popular Hallmark stars like Danica McKellar and Candace Cameron-Bure.  Seems like an all-out Christmas Movie war is underway.