DDR Sells Nauatuck Valley Shopping Center (again)

Started by giantsfan2016, April 16, 2018, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJBers

Quote from: Brammy on April 16, 2018, 01:59:42 PM
DDR has sold the Nauagatuck Valey Shopping Center in Waterbury, CT (again).

http://boston.citybizlist.com/article/472849/hff-announces-sale-of-naugatuck-valley-shopping-center-in-waterbury-connecticut
Huh, the shopping plaza seems to be doing fine. I guess they just didn't feel like managing it anymore.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

giantsfan2016

It's doing alright, I guess, but the Rag Shop spot and The Linen N Things spot have been vacant since those 2 chains went under more than a decade ago.  Although the LNT spot was used for a temporary book store like at their then sister shopping center The Plainville Commons in Plainville. DDR divided that space in Plainville into Dollar Tree, Five Below, Charming Charlie, JOS A Bank, and AT&T.

The Wolcott Street area got a huge resurgence when the they built the Nauagatuck Valley Shopping Center. In 03 they overhauled the shopping center across the street and added Price Chopper and AJ Wright. Price Chopper gave way to ShopRite in 08 AJ Wright became TJ Maxx when TJX discontinued the AJ Wright banner. Then the area started going down. Saver's closed after only being only a couple years in 1/2 of the old ShopRite. That became a relocated Red, White, and Blue thrift store. In 2014 The ShopRite Plaza lost TJ MAXX, PETCO, and American Steak House. TJ Maxx and Petco moved to The Brass Mill Commons. In 2013 KMART closed. In 2015 Ollie's Bargain Basement took the left side of the former KMART. In 2016 Porter and Chester Institute moved their campus from Watertown to the right side of the former KMART. In 2017 McDonald's built a new building in front of Porter and Chester relocating from Lakewood Road. Goodwill moved into the former Petco in the ShopRite Plaza relocating from the corner of Lakewood Road and Wolcott Street. A dentist office is  taking part of the former American Steak House. A gym is taking the former TJ Maxx.

Biggest vacancies in the Wolcott Street Area:

855 Lakewood Road. Two side by side spaces next to Planet Fitness that add up to more than 43,000 square Feet. That whole thing was once Caldor. Also 2 side by side spaces that add up to around 26,000 Sqaure Feet. One of those spaces was Goodwill's original spot.

Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center:
20,000 Square Foot. Former Rag Shop
35,000 Square Foot Former Linens and Things.
6,000 Square Foot former 99 Restaurant. (I think it was)

Mall-View Plaza (in back of the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center):

I believe except for Apple Cinemas and Mr. Wok Buffet (gross) that plaza is vacant.

Ollie's Plaza:
13,000 Square foot former daycare center that closed after the owner was caught abusing children.

There are smaller spaces available in the Wolcott Street area, but these are the biggest.