Outback Steakhouse

Started by thedisneystore967, June 26, 2005, 09:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedisneystore967

i went to one to celebrate my grandmother's &grandfather's 50th Annyvirsyever though my grandma died of lung cancer in december. It was the worst Restaurant i have ever been to..Of course im saying that cuz it nearly put bugaboo creek steak house out of business...

Caldor1999

i first went to one in 1997 and i remeber i got cheese fries and they had the wost ones i have EVER tasted yuck! lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

I first went there in 2003.  I got "chicken on the barbie"  The food was excellent and the service was very good but it's expensive compared to other restaurants. I don't really like the Australian theme that's everywhere in the menu.

Now i know about Outback, It's a nice place but not for me :)

jmn3

i love this place...best chain restaurant in my opinion.

d_fife

d_fife

outback steakhouse in manchester Ct near babies r us and a hotel, like a lot can be.

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

outback danbury ct near the 84 rt  and near bethel line and up the road from wal-0mart

d_fife

in erie pa near millcreek pavilion around the millcreek mall.

HoJofan206

McNuggetMan

Lantana/Lake Worth.
Opened in 1996, and has been subsequently repainted and remodeled since this picture was taken.

shore72

We last ate at one about 2 months ago, the one in Frederick, MD. Sure was hard to find that place! We were just passing through but I had sought it out before hand. Disapointing, though. The best thing about it was the bread. The service and the food were just so-so. Most of our dining out is for lunch on Saturday, while most of their locations don't open until later. We tried eating at the Salisbury, MD location one Saturday night this winter and the wait was 45 minutes. We did call ahead seating to one of our favorites, Texas Roadhouse, and got a much better meal/much better value.

retailisking

The location on Western Avenue (an increasingly-competitive area near the Maine Mall) was shuttered today due to underperformance according to a spokesman for the chain. It was the only Outback in the state. Developing...

Zayre88

Quote from: retailisking on July 22, 2012, 09:43:08 PM
The location on Western Avenue (an increasingly-competitive area near the Maine Mall) was shuttered today due to underperformance according to a spokesman for the chain. It was the only Outback in the state. Developing...

Portsmouth NH also closed not too long ago...  It is a tough market.

This leaves Concord and Bedford only.

TRU7536

These national chain restaurants got hit hard in recent years. It's pretty much all the same, the family own mom and pop ones are during pretty well.

On the pike, is a good example. Many of the national chains that have closed, were replaced by local places that do very well.

giantsfan2016

I don't know if the one in Southington, CT closed or is remodeling. There is a dumpster on the side of their building and today they took the sign off the building today. There were still some cars in their parking lot. Will try and find out.

deerwrecker2017

Their one location around Upper St. Clair is one that I know of that closed down but the reason was due to some heavy flooding that happened back in late June. The location is still listed on their website and it's listed as being closed for repairs and it also says that they hope to reopen soon.

I did actually visit that location only once last September.

TheFugitive

That is surprising.  That Upper St. Clair location sustained very heavy damage.
It sort of lies down in a bowl where it is sure to flood again.  I had the feeling
it was closed for good.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: Brammy on September 13, 2018, 07:28:50 PM
I don't know if the one in Southington, CT closed or is remodeling. There is a dumpster on the side of their building and today they took the sign off the building today. There were still some cars in their parking lot. Will try and find out.

There are signs on the door that say "Pardon our Appearance As We get a Face Lift"

TheFugitive

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 14, 2018, 03:04:52 PM
That is surprising.  That Upper St. Clair location sustained very heavy damage.
It sort of lies down in a bowl where it is sure to flood again.  I had the feeling
it was closed for good.

This location has been demolished.  It sustained very heavy damage during flooding
that occurred last Spring.  Apparently it was beyond repair.  No word on whether
Outback will reopen in a new location.

shore72

Maybe just a coincidence, but...twice in the last year someone has tried using my credit card number for a fraudulent purchase. Both times my credit card company caught it in a flash (Discover really impresses me!) Both times, it happened within a day of using the card at an Outback. Different locations.

AmesNewington

Quote from: TRU7536 on January 10, 2020, 07:10:31 PM
Outback in Manchester is closing at the end of the month.

https://patch.com/connecticut/manchester/manchester-outback-close-new-business-coming-same-plaza

I never went to that location, but I'm not surprised with Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse within the same area. Too much overlap in Manchester with many restaurants and stores.

Bdubs

Quote from: AmesNewington on January 12, 2020, 08:52:59 AM
Quote from: TRU7536 on January 10, 2020, 07:10:31 PM
Outback in Manchester is closing at the end of the month.

https://patch.com/connecticut/manchester/manchester-outback-close-new-business-coming-same-plaza

I never went to that location, but I'm not surprised with Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse within the same area. Too much overlap in Manchester with many restaurants and stores.
So many chains in that area it’s crazy. The former VP of Darden Restaurants had a goal of placing a Longhorn within only a couple of miles of every Outback to steal some of their business, and that model definitely put a hurting on some of those Outbacks.

TheFugitive

The Outback location in Robinson Township, PA west of Pittsburgh is in a very strange location.

It's away from the beaten path of Robinson Town Center where most of the chain restaurants are located.  It is up on top of a hill all by itself.  When it opened this location was in the parking lot of a Super Kmart store that filled the entire hilltop and could be easily seen as you were driving to the airport.

Kmart then hit the iceberg and began closing stores.  At the same time the shale fracking boom was taking off in Pennsylvania and turning the state into an energy dynamo.  Chevron negotiated a deal with Kmart to buy that location, demolish it and build a regional headquarters on the site.

This transaction occurred and the relatively new Kmart was torn down. This left Outback all by itself at the edge of a huge empty lot.  Before Chevron was able to get going on construction of this new HQ there was a political change (i.e. Pennsylvania elected a Governor who wanted to hike taxes on the fracking industry).  Chevron did not like this so they canceled their plans to build that facility and left the state.

So the Outback just trundled along all by its lonesome up on top of that hill until the property was sold and rezoned residential.  So there is a new neighborhood of newly constructed houses going up all around this Outback Steakhouse, the only commercial property in the vicinity. 

Walk out the door of Outback and find yourself in a residential neighborhood.  Weird.

Retail Regents

Quote from: TheFugitive on August 14, 2023, 04:43:03 PMWalk out the door of Outback and find yourself in a residential neighborhood.  Weird.

And not a particularly attractive neighborhood either - just a bunch of big, ugly grey residential buildings.

TheFugitive

Absolutely true.  That seems to be the hot trend around here for some reason.  My wife and I have driven around looking at new developments and saying "More gray houses?  Really??"

BillyGr

Quote from: TheFugitive on August 14, 2023, 04:43:03 PMSo, the Outback just trundled along all by its lonesome up on top of that hill until the property was sold and rezoned residential.  So, there is a new neighborhood of newly constructed houses going up all around this Outback Steakhouse, the only commercial property in the vicinity. 

Walk out the door of Outback and find yourself in a residential neighborhood.  Weird.

Though if they do a decent job (which they must if they have stayed around this long), they should get a boost in business - not too many people outside of true city blocks have a restaurant in potential walking distance from their homes :)

Retail Regents

And alas, it is a "luxury" development that is just as drab and grey on the inside as it is on the outside. Also Outback doesn't strike me as a high-end restaurant chain.