ME-TV leaving WZME/Bridgeport, CT in October

Started by ynkeesfn82, September 18, 2015, 02:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

ME-TV is leaving WZME/Bridgeport, CT in October. Starting October 4th WZME Channel 43.1 is becoming an affiliate of ME-TV's sister network "Heroes & Icons".  :'(

mvcg66b3r

BTW, H&I already has an affiliate in the NYC DMA (WNYW 5.4). You think WZME is trying to target Hartford?
James Calvin Woods - Son of Verta Jane Holland

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: mvcg66b3r on September 18, 2015, 02:16:05 PM
BTW, H&I already has an affiliate in the NYC DMA (WNYW 5.4). You think WZME is trying to target Hartford?

Probably not. The closest WZME gets to Hartford on Cable is on COX Cable. They're on 2 of the COX systems on Channel 75. It's available in Southington, Meriden, Cheshire, Wethersfield, Newington, Rocky Hill, Manchester, and Glastonbury. Comcast/Xfinity which serves Hartford refuses to add the channel even when WZME offered to install a fiber feed. (This is what a former engineer of WZME who is now deceased told me). When I lived in Bristol it used to drive me nuts not being able to get WZME because the next town over Wolcott and the other next town over Terryville/Plymouth have a different Comcast Station that carries WZME. In addition WZME is not Available on DIRECTV/DISH in the Hartford area because it is consider a NYC channel even with all the Hartford-area towns that get WZME on Cable.

mvcg66b3r

So how can the NYC DMA have two H&I affiliates?
James Calvin Woods - Son of Verta Jane Holland

Hudsons81

Quote from: mvcg66b3r on September 18, 2015, 02:48:03 PM

Because the market's demand for that network is so great they must have two affiliates showing the same programs?

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: mvcg66b3r on September 18, 2015, 02:48:03 PM

My guess is that they made the affiliation agreement announcement with WZME prior to them making the affiliation agreement with the FOX O&O's. I saw something about WZME posted somewhere that was dated the 15th or 16th. Today is when I saw their announcement with the FOX O&Os. The Heroes & Icons website shows WZME as an affiliate for New York starting October 4th.

http://handitvnetwork.com/wheretowatch/

ynkeesfn82

Lots of backlash about this on WZME's Facebook Page. WZME is going on record that they were unable to renew its contact with ME-TV due to WJLP (Middletown, NJ). Although they didn't start carrying Heroes and Icons until October 11th they signed the contact before H&I signed with FOX so that's why there are two H&I stations in NYC WWOR (Seacacus, NJ) 9.4 and WZME (Bridgeport, CT) 43.1