COX Cable Screws Up in Connecticut

Started by ynkeesfn82, April 17, 2015, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

On Wednesday April 15th WFSB Channel 3 launched 2 digi-nets - ESCAPE on Channel 3.2 and LAFF on Channel 3.3 - WFSB hadn't used 3.2 since they dropped the simulcast of WSHM-LP from Springfield in 2012. Channel 3.3 had been WFSB's 24 hour news and weather channel. It was carried on COX Channel 801. So at 12:40PM Wednesday I tune to Channel 801 and ESCAPE is on, but the program listings on the on-screen guide are for LAFF. COX Cable didn't have to do anything. It should've been a smooth transition from Eyewitness News Now to LAFF since Channel 801 was already WFSB 3.3 - I don't know how this foul up happened. COX should've put ESCAPE on Channel 802. Now COX subscribers don't get LAFF. I hooked a wire up to use as a makeshift antenna and sure enough ESCAPE is on 3.2 and LAFF is on 3.3, so I know the problem is not with WFSB. I hope that COX puts LAFF on 802.

Hudsons81

Looks like I should attempt to make an amateur homemade antenna sometime so that I can get Cozi on WMYD 20.2 to continue watching Dragnet-Cozi shares space with FETV on Uverse and on weekdays Cozi programming begins on the Uverse FETV channel at noon Eastern, thus replacing Dragnet with something religious from FETV.

ynkeesfn82

Either that or a $10 RCA Antenna from Walmart. I bought one last year, but returned it after getting yelled at by my Mom about buying stuff we didn't need. Since I'm currently unemployed I can't afford a $10 antenna from Walmart. All you need is a regular COAX Cable wire. You can temporarily disconnect the wire from your UVERSE BOX and use that.

Hudsons81

Quote from: Marc B on April 17, 2015, 08:30:24 PM
You can temporarily disconnect the wire from your UVERSE BOX and use that.

The antenna input is too small for my Uverse box wire to fit in.

Guess I'll have to find a stray coax wire and a couple metal things just laying there around my house and use that as a makeshift antenna.