Undercover Boss: The Mayor of Pittsburgh, PA

Started by ynkeesfn82, December 10, 2014, 08:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

CBS's hit reality show Undercover Boss returns for its 6th season this Sunday 12/14/14 going undercover at True Value Hardware. However the episode airing next Sunday 12/21/14 will be featuring The Mayor of Pittsbugh, PA. The show is supposed to be airing at 8:01PM Eastern. (Depends on delays from Football).

TheFugitive

I live in Pittsburgh, and I dare say I don't believe there is anyone here who would
not recognize Mayor Peduto.

This one simply does not pass the smell test.

TheFugitive

Saw this, and I gotta say, the makeup was surprisingly good.

Mayor Peduto's Kentucky accent however was not.   I suspect that this show was highly contrived,
as they managed to pick out three of the most sympathetic city employees you're ever likely to
find.  Most of them are more like the Division of Forestry guy who gave the Mayor a hard time....
snarky, hard-boiled union guys with a sense of entitlement who have chosen-up sides in a political fight
and will never let that go.

He gave a $20,000 scholarship to that woman so that her child could attend a private school?
HELLO!  What about the 100,000 or so other parents in the city who are stuck sending their
kids to our failing public schools?

I have a different political philosophy than Mayor Peduto, but mutual acquaintances that
he and I have assure me that he is a rather likeable guy.  And he seems to be a fairly honest one by
politician standards.