Least Favorite Christmas Songs

Started by ynkeesfn82, December 06, 2014, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

With so many radio stations across the country running all-Christmas Music format (including at least one that is running Country Christmas) and so many retailers playing Christmas Music - What are some of your least favorite Christmas Songs?

1. Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon - Roy Orbison
2. Dominic The Donkey
3. I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
4. Blue Christmas - The Porky Pig Version (although I haven't heard it in a few years)
5. Grandma got run over by a reindeer
6. Merry Christmas War is Over by John Lennon

TheFugitive

I have an aversion to Christmas music in general, thanks to my time in retail management.
It causes me to have Vietnam-style flashbacks to Black Friday and the horrors of Final Layaway
Pickup Day.  I can only stomach it for a couple of days right up close to the holiday.

My least favorites are the ones that I had to endure over and over again for 70+ hours
per week on store intercom systems.

I'll Be Home with Bells On - Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
Christmas in Killarney - Bing Crosby (one of the worst pieces of faux-Irish music EVER!)
Twelve Days of Christmas - the Bob and Doug McKenzie version from SCTV
Toyland (toyland....wonderful girl and boy land....) I think this version was by the Ray Conniff Singers.
Nothing depresses you in the midst of your 70 hour week like the realization that your childhood is truly
gone, never to return.

Ameskid

"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas". Intolerable.

Now this, on the other hand...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6wjchvZMDE
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

TheFugitive

So we have finally come to that point in the season where I can actually listen to Christmas music without recoiling in horror.

Amazingly enough, some of the best Christmas music you will hear during the entire year is played by Rush Limbaugh on his pre-recorded Christmas Day show.

ynkeesfn82

I forgot all about it until my Mom turned on LITE 100.5 (our local all Christmas Station) as we were opening presents.

The Song of those damn dogs barking Jingle Bells.