Dish Network removes all CBS O&Os due to dispute

Started by Hudsons81, December 06, 2014, 09:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudsons81

Due to a dispute related to carriage of the CBS Sports Network, Dish has yanked all CBS owned-and-operated stations off.

All other CBS Corporation-owned networks, however, remain unaffected.

CBS stations that were taken off Dish (stations that are of most interest to our regulars are bolded):
*WUPA-TV CW 69 Atlanta, Georgia
*WJZ-TV CBS 13 Baltimore, Maryland
*WBZ-TV CBS 4 Boston, Massachusetts-Manchester, New Hampshire
*WSBK My 38 Boston, Massachusetts-Manchester, New Hampshire

*WBBM-TV CBS 2 Chicago, Illinois
*KTVT-TV CBS 11 Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
*KTXA-TV Independent 21 Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
*KCNC-TV CBS 4 Denver, Colorado
*WWJ-TV CBS 62 Detroit, Michigan
*WKBD-TV CW 50 Detroit, Michigan

*KCBS-TV CBS 2 Los Angeles, California
*KCAL-TV Independent 9 Los Angeles, California
*WFOR-TV CBS 4 Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida
*WBFS-TV My 33 Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida
*WCCO-TV CBS 4 Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
*WCBS-TV CBS 2 New York City, New York
*KYW-TV CBS 3 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
*WPSG-TV CW 57 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
*KDKA-TV CBS 2 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
*WPCW-TV CW 19 Pittsburgh-Johnstown-Altoona-State College, Pennsylvania

*KOVR-TV CBS 13 Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, California
*KMAX-TV CW 31 Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, California
*KPIX-TV CBS 5 San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, California
*KBCW-TV CW 44 San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, California
*KSTW-TV CW 11 Seattle-Tacoma, Washington
*WTOG-TV CW 44 Tampa-Saint Petersburg-Sarasota, Florida

As you know, this wasn't the only time within the past two years that CBS has gotten into a squabble with a cable or satellite provider.

ynkeesfn82

Unless they have a separate carriage contract I think WLNY 55 Riverhead Long Island should be on this list as well. They were bought by CBS a couple years back.

P.S. Dish sucks period. They never carried the regional Sports Network YES. Withing the past couple of years they dropped Regional Sports Network - SNY. They also recently dropped Comcast Sports New England and MSG. Other Comcast Sports Network stations across the country may also be dropped.

MikeRa

Quote from: Marc B on December 06, 2014, 07:10:42 PM
Unless they have a separate carriage contract I think WLNY 55 Riverhead Long Island should be on this list as well. They were bought by CBS a couple years back.

P.S. Dish sucks period. They never carried the regional Sports Network YES. Withing the past couple of years they dropped Regional Sports Network - SNY. They also recently dropped Comcast Sports New England and MSG. Other Comcast Sports Network stations across the country may also be dropped.
Both Dish Network and Direct TV has never carried Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia.

Does this also mean that Dish Network also dropped the Showtime channels, since Showtime is owned by CBS Corp.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Hudsons81

Quote from: MikeRa on December 06, 2014, 08:52:59 PM
Quote from: Marc B on December 06, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

Both Dish Network and Direct TV has never carried Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia.

Does this also mean that Dish Network also dropped the Showtime channels, since Showtime is owned by CBS Corp.

I'm gonna waste my 300th post by saying no. Showtime's channels are not affected.

ynkeesfn82

TheFugitive

CBS had more to lose in this deal than Dish Networks did.