Television and radio commercials

Started by ynkeesfn82, June 26, 2014, 10:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Anyone think that there are just some TV and radio commercials that make you not want to shop somewhere or buy the product?

Last year on TV there was the "Gifting Out" commercials done by KMART.

Earlier this year on the radio there were commercials for Sears/KMART where a guy who started yodeling every time he got excited - such as bonus points with the "Shop Your Way" program.

On TV Savers. Lately they've been showing a commercial where someone finds something and there's a creepy looking guy singing "You've Found The Find."

On TV Aaron's Rental. They show a commercial with a woman who's supposed to be a singer and when she starts singing she sounds like some kind of alarm going off.

Locally here in Connecticut on the radio - Key Hyundai. The commercials are with Jill Merriam. The commercials are so annoying and she always ends her commercials with "I'm Jill Merriam and I'm the dealer for the people." And there are 10 Commercial FM stations in Hartford and she advertises on most of them (of course 3 are owned by CBS and 4 are owned by Clear Channel). Her commercials are so annoying that if I ever had the money and wanted to buy a Hyundai I'd by it somewhere else.

TheFugitive

Here we one with some kids singing a horrible off-key jingle for a Chevrolet dealership.

Century Three.....Chevrolet.....Lebanon Church Road Pittsburgh....Minutes from the Mall!

Leaves my ears ringing so badly I'd never want to buy a Chevy from them.  Really annoyingly
bad stuck-in-your-head stuff.

Another radio ad for a local grocery chain called Kuhn's where someone reads off the weekly specials
while doing a bad Joe Pesci impersonation.  Why doesn't he sue?

A series of TV ads for the Eat n' Park family restaurant chain featuring Sarah Marince, a local country
music singer and a highly attractive young blonde woman.  She goes around to Eat n' Park restaurants
asking customers what they think of different menu items.  Except that the male customers all end up
drooling on camera while obviously checking out her....um, assets....to the point where you know they
are no longer even dimly aware of what they ordered, nor care.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pittsburgh-Magazine/December-2013/Sarah-Marince-Eat-n-Park/

Years ago we had another local restaurant chain called Pappan's.  The owner, Lou Pappan, was Greek and spoke
with a rather heavy accent.  Yet he would do all of his own TV commercials.  After plugging various menu
items in barely comprehensible English he'd look straight into the camera and say "And you gonna like it!"
Only he said it with a look on his face and a tone in his voice that was like he was threatening you.  "You
gonna like my food.....or else!"  Somehow those commercials kept running for years.