Main Menu

Started by Jag67, June 03, 2005, 02:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

lol here's my Pentastar collection.

The Pentastar to the right Came off of a Dodge Diplomat used in our local demolition derby, hence the paint. I found it in the woods near where the derby is held.

The middle Pentastar  Came off of a 1993 Dodge caravan. It was in rough shape, but surprisingly, still had the emblem. Took quite a fight to get this one off, surprising for a Chrysler. It's pretty heavy too.

The smaller pentastars both came off of a 1991 and the same 1993 Caravan. These come off easily.

PS- sorry about the size.

{EDIT - Please Resize the image, and repost it.}

Jag67

this is the pentastar appearing on a part, also from the 93 caravan

Jag67

pentastar appearing on the back brake light, ALSO from the 93 caravan

Zayre88

I liked the new Oldsmobile logo, it looked sharp and modern.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Yes Oldmobile's new logo has made a great transition !

updated it, but keeped the main design features intact!

Too bad Oldsmobile is gone (2004 was the last production year) Too bad most were just rebadged Chevy's and Pontiacs and they didn't really have their own style in the end.

Jag67

BTW Jag67 I hope you're not ripping the Pentastar off from old vehicles that people are still using because the owners will possibly be a little ticked off and it is a sad sad thing to see an old Plymouth,Dodge, or Chrysler still in use with its Pentastar ripped off.

Of course not!!! i get my pentastars and other car emblems from our local fire hall's practice cars, Old, junky, usually non-running beaters donated to them that they purposely set on fire to practice on and practice using the jaws of life on. Then, when they're finished, they send them to the scrapper. If course, I would never take them off of cars still in use!! So, the only time they're seen without the pentastars is the time when they're being loaded on the truck to go to the crusher and the time when they're being loaded into the crusher. I'm saving them!! The 93 caravan i got most of the stuff from had already been practiced on and the interior was completely charred..BTW my dad once owned a 1992 dodge caravan and some kid ripped the pentastar emblem off it. sad, sad..

PS- I like the old oldsombile logo too

Jag67

The pentastar was a great logo. Unfortunately, the pentastar has been reduced to only the logo for chrysler's five-star program, and the lowly position of logo for SafeGuard, the windows they use on their cars, even up to this day. Until the early 1990's the pentastar could still be found on the exterior of all cars, but they slowly began phasing them out and left the pentastars mainly for the interior. After 1995, the pentastar was pretty much removed from commercials, brocures, etc. The pentastar continued to represent the chrysler family as a whole untill 1998. To add insult to injury, after 2001 all remaining pentastars were removed from cars, save the windows. It's been tough.

But the pentastar lives on!!! This sign is about a year old.

Jag67

until 2001, the pentastar could still be found in pany places, like the fender of a 1999 dodge caravan (This isnt ours, it was at the dealer)

store215

Then if Oldsmobile's gone then why do they still have a website?

It's out of date. Notice they list 2004 models and the website is ?2003, as well as cars comparable to (same as) Oldsmobiles.  Oldsmobile is gone.

Zayre88

The Buick logo above is an updated logo.  The old one was very similar but it had red and blue colors in the middle and it was "shiny chrome"  The new is more "brushed chrome"

They also changed the letters wich were very old.

But Buick does not want to change too much because their main customers like it like that.  The cars and the logo are being updated slowly overtime.  :rolleyes:

Jag67

lol the mighty pentastar is just a pleasure to touch!!! lol:roll:

I can't wait till the fire hall gets some more cars to burn up, hopefully at least 1 will be a chrysler!! Amesfanman, YOU need to get to your local fire hall, take a screwdriver, AND SAVE SOME PENTASTARS!!! Just be careful, I've had many a "Get the hell outa here" s

HoJofan206

Yes, Buicks have been targeted at the "older" market since the late 1980's.  GM realized that they didnt need to have 5 versions of the same vehicles for sale under 5 names.  (Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac).  So they marketed the Buicks to the older buyers.  Think about it, how often do you hear of a young person wanting a Buick vehicle?
I am 31 and I would be caught dead in one of those things! :rolleyes:

Jag67

well oviously. how many people under the age of 60 do you  see driving buicks??

But buick is trying to change that. they just introduced the Terraza minivan

Ameskid

Plymouth joined with Dodge in the late 90's, but kept producing cars under Plymouth's name for a while. The Dodge Grand Caravan and Plymouth Grand Voyager are the same thing!
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/