My new retail news website

Started by amesman, October 25, 2009, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amesman

Hey all. Just wanted to let everyone know, for all that are interested, that I have started up a new "blog" website focusing on retail news and happenings in my area as well as the occasional history lesson. While it may seem that it is one of many already out there, I don't want anyone to think it is a ripoff of anyone's already established work. That being said, I will say that it has definitely been influenced by sites such as XISMZERO's The Caldor Rainbow(my own personal favorite), the website deadmalls.com which I work with, and the Pleasant Family Shopping blog, but in no way does it strive to copy. It is merely just my own resource to you the viewer that focuses on the retail happenings of the Hudson Valley of New York and to an extent, Upstate NY as a whole. So, with that said, please head on over to http://retailhistory.blogspot.com. Hope you enjoy it, and feel free to link it to your website if you have one! I'll gladly do the same.

Zayre88

Congralulations.  It's nice to see more retail blogs and websites like yours and the ones that influenced you.  Deadmall sure influenced me.  I started a blog too but my main focus is on my old-fashioned website now located at Google Sites where I just added a link to your blog.  With the existing websites and your new blog, more areas and more stores will be covered!

amesman

Thanks for the link! And yes, I've been visiting your site for years now. About the time I started with deadmalls.com actually.