Main Menu

JC Penney

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

Does anyone have a picture of the Philadelphia JC Penny in The Gallery Mall that just shut down a couple years ago?

Caldor1999

hears a old old JC Penny from teh early 60's before they named them selfs pennys
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears a closed down JC Penny
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears that smae store again with to big holes in it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a JC Penny catlog store
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
hears that smae store again with to big holes in it

How did those holes get there? I'm guessing those pictures weren't taken on the same day.

storehistoryguy

Heres a JC Penny from the 1940s! :o

store215

Here is the picture of the former JCPenney on Cottman and Caster in Philadelphia. I don't remember what this store opened as, but it later was a 2-Story Clover (I barley remember shopping here when I lived in the city..I must have been only 2 or 3 years old) and became a JCPenney when Clover closed. I think the JCPenney went out of business at the end of 2003 or early 2004.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Here is the picture of the former JCPenney on Cottman and Caster in Philadelphia. I don't remember what this store opened as, but it later was a 2-Story Clover (I barley remember shopping here when I lived in the city..I must have been only 2 or 3 years old) and became a JCPenney when Clover closed. I think the JCPenney went out of business at the end of 2003 or early 2004.

you can see teh lable scar
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a collor picture of the pennys logo
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

looks like that pic was takeing in teh 80's so im guessing some JC Pennys out there still have that logo :)
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

Another old JC Penny.

storehistoryguy

They've had there current logo for a while. Will they ever change it again?

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

A JC Penny Toy Truck.

storehistoryguy

I never saw this JC Penny sign.

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
looks like that pic was takeing in teh 80's so im guessing some JC Pennys out there still have that logo :)

If there are any...it's VERY few.  Most of the Buffalo stores had that logo into the 90's..but they have all since been replaced.  I recall seeing a store from the side of I-99 in Altoona PA that had the old signage until probably the late 90's on trips down south.  It too has since been replaced.  I think all, or a large majority, have the JCPenney logo these days.  It's been their logo since like '71...

Jag67

Yep, of course by looking at penney's signs you'd never guessed they were recently replaced. The Eastern Hills store's sign looks so old and beat up it looks as old as the store! Heck, maybe it is..

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Yep, of course by looking at penney's signs you'd never guessed they were recently replaced. The Eastern Hills store's sign looks so old and beat up it looks as old as the store! Heck, maybe it is..

That sort of describes the entire Eastern Hills Mall in general.  For being close to the wealthiest suburbs in WNY, having the amount of space that there is, I just can't believe how poor that mall seems to do.  I was in there back in May and it was so dumpy.  Even the new renovations don't seem to be doing much to help out.  

And I'm sure I've shared my opinion of that crapola Kaufmann's location.  Ugh.

Zayre88

JCPenney at the Bangor Mall

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
JCPenney at the Bangor Mall

The store is much like the one at the Auburn Mall ...!

storehistoryguy

Heres an old one in a town called Lakewood, unsure of the state.

http://www.cloverpark65.com/lakewood.htm

storehistoryguy

Theres another view of it just past the Woolworth.

http://www.cloverpark65.com/lakewood.htm

Zayre88

Here is the former JCPenney Auto Center at the Bangor Mall...  i didn't knew JCPenney once had auto centers...!

storehistoryguy

Here is the former JCPenney Auto Center at the Bangor Mall...  i didn't knew JCPenney once had auto centers...!

Oh yes. The JC Penny in Dixie Square Mall had one.

d_fife

I did not know either.

how come JCpenny in malls in Smaller markets in smaller malls are (ROchetster NH, Montepiler vermont, bennington vermont, Conway NH) are in the 30000s of square efet, (the one in WAterville is 45,000 squrae efet and in a plaza), but the ones in larger markets and larger malls  are like 70,000 to 200,000 square feet.

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

Columbus, Georgia, 1960's. Look all the way at the end. Also notice the Woolworth on the right.

http://mallsofamerica.blogspot.com/

storehistoryguy

Pennys at the end again, this one in Sunvalley Mall in Concord Ca., 1960's.

http://mallsofamerica.blogspot.com/

storehistoryguy

Here is the JC Penny Co. in Apache Mall in Minnesota. It opened in 1961 and closed in the mid-90's. The mall no longer stands. This shot is from the 70's.

Heres the mall entrance in the 60's.

http://apacheplaza.com/jcpenney.html