Pizza Hut

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

here is the pizza hut in Watkins glen ny

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Here is the former Pizza Hut.  It looks very old.  Sorry but the picture is a very bad take. :P(former Ames/Zayre in Bangor)

Two recent pictures of that former Pizza Hut. Now Quizno's

Crawford

wow. are these still around? I remember in the 80's and 90's they were all over the place then overnight they all vanished. I liked the all you can eat pizza buffets they used to do.

I still remember the old commerical jingle "Let yourself go to Pizza Hut"
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

d_fife

here is the pizza hut in watertown new york on arsenal st in the lowe's parking lot. an unusal design. (note: most pizza huts in boston are gone)

d_fife

here is the pizza hut in bangor maine near the mall. I have a picture of it when I went there in 1999 and it looks much different, but I hope to digitize that picture.

Zayre88

What appears to be a former Pizza Hut in Brunswick ME.

Marc82

The Pizza Huts in Bristol and Southington, Connecticut closed down in 1994 or 1995.  A lot closed down around this time and I believe it had to do with the fact that Pepsi was selling the company.

The one in Southington in Ames Plaza was torn down quickly and an Outback Steak House was built in it's place.

The one in Bristol remained vacant until last fall when they began renovating it into a bank. The bank opened around March of this year and you can't even tell it was ever a pizza hut. They made the building look like a victorian type house. Next time I go to downtown Bristol I'll try to get pics.

Bristol now only has a Delivery Pizza Hut which is next to Blockbuster.

Southington has a Pizza Hut Express which is inside the Taco Bell. It's funny i worked at the Shaw's across the street from that Taco Bell for almost 2 years and I can't remember if Pizza Hut Express is even on the Taco Bell sign. I don't think it is.

The last time I was at Pizza Hut was in August 2001 on Route 5 in Brattleboro, Vermont.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
The Pizza Huts in Bristol and Southington, Connecticut closed down in 1994 or 1995.  A lot closed down around this time and I believe it had to do with the fact that Pepsi was selling the company.

The one in Southington in Ames Plaza was torn down quickly and an Outback Steak House was built in it's place.

The one in Bristol remained vacant until last fall when they began renovating it into a bank. The bank opened around March of this year and you can't even tell it was ever a pizza hut. They made the building look like a victorian type house. Next time I go to downtown Bristol I'll try to get pics.

Bristol now only has a Delivery Pizza Hut which is next to Blockbuster.

Southington has a Pizza Hut Express which is inside the Taco Bell. It's funny i worked at the Shaw's across the street from that Taco Bell for almost 2 years and I can't remember if Pizza Hut Express is even on the Taco Bell sign. I don't think it is.

The last time I was at Pizza Hut was in August 2001 on Route 5 in Brattleboro, Vermont.

You've got all the bases covered. There used to be one in downtown New Britain (across from that scary former Finast plaza). I used to go to the Southington one all the time, was said when they closed it. I also remember that one on North Main Street in Bristol - didn't know it was vacant for years before it finally closed. Until a little while ago, N.Main was almost too scary to visit - that's before they revitalized it.

Marc, there's a vacant Pizza Hut located right off I-84 East near Manchester (it might be in East Hartford). If you take the diamond lane you can see it right off the highway.

Last time I ate at Pizza Hut was actually a half a year ago in Keene, New Hampshire where they're building another, newer one right next to the old one (near Keene Cinemas/Staples plaza).
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

BillyGr

This Pizza Hut is on Route 50 in Glenville, NY.

Marc82

They ripped down the Southington Pizza Hut and built this Outback Steak House on the site.

XISMZERO

Here's a vacant Pizza Hut located in East Hartford, Connecticut right off Exit 58 on I-84 on Silver Lane. Supposedly this poor Pizza Hut was the victim of a two alarm fire.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The Pizza Hut label scar
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The Pizza Hut logo on the door handles. The entire building was borded up including the doors.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

store215

There are many empty Pizza Huts in my part of PA...some of them have been empty for about 10 years now! These are all the traditional ones, the carryout only stores seem to still be doing good business. I guess the whole "Pizza Hut" thing is kinda an old model of business, as most people don't eat pizza in a restaurant. I guess these kind of stores were losing major $$ by having a dining room

Ameskid

My Pizza Hut has this weird thing on one side of its sign that says, "DELIVERY". It is the old logo.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Zayre88

Pizza Hut on Maine Mall road in South Portland.  Apparently it's closed and will relocate.. this was in late june.

d_fife

Pizza Hut on Maine Mall road in South Portland.  Apparently it's closed and will relocate.. this was in late june.

it is closed. I Was there early july and it says it will relocate to the maine mall area. I tried to get a good one of it saying relocate, but it was too far and the entrance was unenterable.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

it is closed. I Was there early july and it says it will relocate to the maine mall area. I tried to get a good one of it saying relocate, but it was too far and the entrance was unenterable.

south portland maine mall original location

d_fife

vacant pizza hut in east hartford ct on silver lane, as of july 20, 2006.

d_fife

d_fife

pizza hut in vernon ct

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

watertown ct pizza hut

d_fife

pizza hut danbury ct near brookfield

d_fife

pizza hut ridgefield ct

d_fife