The Disney Store

Started by thedisneystore967, March 24, 2005, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedisneystore967

i remeber i used to have one by me. they sold everything disney,& they were the best store on the planet. i still remember that horrid day when i saw it had closed.
:hurt:
Oh well, it's nothing but memory at that mall now.

Rayco7030

QuoteOriginally posted by thedisneystore967
i remeber i used to have one by me. they sold everything disney,& they were the best store on the planet. i still remember that horrid day when i saw it had closed.
:hurt:
Oh well, it's nothing but memory at that mall now.

what! all are closed? :(:(:(:(:(:(
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

store215

They did close unprofitable stores, but they are still operating in many malls.  Not one of my fav. stores though (The stores are now a division of The Childrens Place)

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
They did close unprofitable stores, but they are still operating in many malls.  Not one of my fav. stores though (The stores are now a division of The Childrens Place)

I heard they closed the one in bangor, preduntial center in Boston, copley square in Boston, Providence Place, Diamond Run in Rutland, Cape Cod Mall, Independence Mall in Kingston Massachusetts, SAlomon mall in watertown new york, arsenal mall in watertown massachusetts, cambridgeside galleria in cambridge.

Why are they closing stores, did someone pee on the stuffed animals?

Disney store got sold to Children's Place.

Anonymous

it's simply because there losing money!!!!!

Anonymous

HoJofan206

Many Disney Store locations in several malls across the countrty closed because the new parent company of Disney Stores (The Children's Palace) and Simon Malls could not come to an agreement on leasing terms nationwide.  Thus, Disney decided to remove themselves from all Simon ownded properties.  Cinnabon Stores too, left all Simon Mall properties for the very same reason.

thedisneystore967

That cannot be true! I just went to the simon.com website, went to houston galleria,and it said" The Disney Store" as one of it's tenants!

Jag67

Looks like we'll be seeing a bunch of these lately. This one was in Northland Mall. From DeadMalls.

thedisneystore967

i nearly began 2 cry when i first saw that.........

HoJofan206

It is true, some Disney Stores are still currently open in
Simon owned properties, but when their leases expire they will not be renewed.

minidog959

:mrpink:yep its down, but chill don get pissed

76fanAmesmanBBTB

NOOOOOOOOO! THIS CANT BE TRUE!

THE DISNEY STORE IS THE MOST UNIQUE STORES IN THE WORLD

the last time I checked THE DISNEY STORE WAS STILL IN OPERATION IN WESTFARMS MALL IN WEST HARTFORD!

IS THAT A SIMON OWNED MALL?

I don't think so

and parden my language but F:bum::bum::bum: CHILDRENS PLACE!

AND THIS CRAP ABOUT THE COMPAINES OWNING ALL THESE MALLS AND BEING UNNEGOTIABLE

sigh:(

76fanAmesmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by 76fanAmesmanBBTB
NOOOOOOOOO! THIS CANT BE TRUE!

THE DISNEY STORE IS THE MOST UNIQUE STORES IN THE WORLD

the last time I checked THE DISNEY STORE WAS STILL IN OPERATION IN WESTFARMS MALL IN WEST HARTFORD!

IS THAT A SIMON OWNED MALL?

I don't think so

and parden my language but F:bum::bum::bum: CHILDRENS PLACE!

AND THIS CRAP ABOUT THE COMPAINES OWNING ALL THESE MALLS AND BEING UNNEGOTIABLE

sigh:(

phew what a relief !

Westfarms is owned by Taubman Centers
AND from their store listing the mall has both a Childrens Place AND a Disney store

how cool is that?:cool:

and you say that they can't be in the same mall pfffft!:P

BTW I TAKE BACK MY COMMENT ABOUT CHILDRENS PLACE

76fanAmesmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Many Disney Store locations in several malls across the countrty closed because the new parent company of Disney Stores (The Children's Palace) and Simon Malls could not come to an agreement on leasing terms nationwide.  Thus, Disney decided to remove themselves from all Simon ownded properties.  Cinnabon Stores too, left all Simon Mall properties for the very same reason.

Which is it Childrens Place or Childrens Palace? Please Dont get me confused!:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

HoJofan206

The new owners of the Disney stores are not affiliated with the now closed (circa late 80's or early 90's) Chidren's Palace toy stores.....they were kinda sorta like a Toys R Us.

truviking05

I know for a fact that Disney Store did not leave all Simon Malls. There a 2 Simon Malls near me and they both have Disney Stores, one of which has been open since 1995.

thedisneystore967

i just went 2 the only mall left in Montgomery county that still has a disney store today, and i couldn't beileve my eyes! My local disney store had been shut down!!!!! but as i found out later, it was just moving to a new location inside the same mall...but right now while there in the process of converting their former store into A brookstone, and building their new store, they have a temporary store on the upper level...

Jag67

Hey disneystore, In our Galleria mall we have an orginal 1989 Disney Store, the same since the day it opened. The reason why I know it was built in 89 is because that's when Galleria opened and theyre an orignal tennant. The Disney Store chain has been around since 1989, so it was probably one of the first ones. i'll get a pic next time Im there.

d_fife

I went to the disney store in the maine mall last week and it has the new disney store look. IT has the mickey mouse logo entrance and the rest of the front is glass and the store has been reformated!!!!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
I went to the disney store in the maine mall last week and it has the new disney store look. IT has the mickey mouse logo entrance and the rest of the front is glass and the store has been reformated!!!!

they did teh same thing to theone in thedanbury mall in CT mean while i gotta go to that filenes before it closes i still wonder what will move in there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

one of my friends emailed me and told me the disney store in the fox run mall in newington (next to portsmouth) new hampshire shut down.

d_fife

here is the disney store in yonkers ny on cross country shopping center on central park ave

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1141430918&subNum=40214000001

d_fife

I went to the Fox run mall yesterday in newington / portsmouth nh and the Disney store is GONE!!!!! I heard it closed late 2005 and it is becoming Holister's.

d_fife

NEWS FLASH: I WENT TO CROSSGATES MALL THE DISNEY STORE WAS THERE THIS TIME I WENT THERe. WHEN I WENT THERE LAST SUMEMR THE DISNEY STORE WAS NOT THERE. THE DISNEY STORE HAD THAT NEW REMODELED LOOK: with the glass windows with the mickey mouse logo. THE DISNEY STORE DID NOT CLOSED< it was just closed for renovations at the time I Guess.