F&M Drug Stores

Started by patk, October 30, 2007, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patk

i cant find pics for it can you :huh:
yay 1st post

AmesNewington

If you can find a picture of the Toys 'r' Us in Newington in the Toys 'r' Us section, that store used to be an F&M Drug Store from 1994-1996. It opened with Caldor in 1994, and it has retained the general appearance of the F&M store. Toys 'r' Us did very little on the outside to change the appearance. It still is a Toys 'r' Us as of today.

patk

XISMZERO

Here's the Toys "R" Us in Newington, CT that was once a F&M Drug Store. This picture was taken in 2006 but it still looks the same.

It's probably the smallest Toys "R" Us in the state, especially now with Westport closed.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Here's the Toys "R" Us in Newington, CT that was once a F&M Drug Store. This picture was taken in 2006 but it still looks the same.

It's probably the smallest Toys "R" Us in the state, especially now with Westport closed.

HAmden CT is small too and the same size as Newington. WEstport was 36,000 sq.ft. and the Toys r us in Newington and Hamden are 31,000 sq.ft.
Why is Westport closing, well there is one nearby in Norwalk.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=qg21438k1719&style=o&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3246014&encType=1
heres the F&M i went to in va wen i was a kid!
its the one with the tan roof
now a golds gym :mad:

F&M was owned (founded?) by Pathmark actually, and was owned by Drug Emporium in the end. I know a Drug Emporium that also became a Gold's Gym, and was a former A&P.