McDonald's

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

mcdonald's  in the berkshire plaza parking lot as of july 21, 2006 and it is under reconstruction. in danbury ct

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
mcdonald's  in the berkshire plaza parking lot as of july 21, 2006 and it is under reconstruction.

danbury CT reconstruction

d_fife

mcdonald's in avon / simsbury CT on rt. 44

d_fife

more simsbury / avon ct one

d_fife

mcdonald's southbury CT in the southbury plaza

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82

I didn't have to see "Supersize Me" to tell me too much McDoanld's is bad for you. I saw it happen to a friend of mine first hand. My senior year in High School (Class of 2000 baby!) one of my friends was the night manager of the McDonald's on Meriden-Watebury Road (Route 322) in the Plantsville Section of Southington. He was in my PE class and a couple months after he had become manager I noticed that he had gone from having a six pack stomach to having a small pooch gut. I remember he was told me he put on more than 40 pounds and his blood pressure and cholestrol skyrocketed after he became manager. He would eat several Big Macs a night. It's either eat them or throw them out.

Not entirely true. Since McDonald's is franchise-owned, not all stores push food on their employees. For all I know, some stores might actually make their employees pay for food (at least it's true at the Dunkin' Donuts I currently work at). At most, employees eat (everything) for free but downing a few Big Macs a night will no doubt cause one get fat. That just boils down to personal responsibility - I'm sure wasted fast food wouldn't be a crime :)

I also eat McDonald's once or maybe twice a week and I'm fine.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The dining area facing the back at the McDonald's in Unionville, Connecticut.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the McDonald's on I-95 in Darien, CT. This is a rest stop McDonald's and it caught my eye as bizarre because of the early 1990's logo and green tone of the facade.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a close up of the early '90s logo and green facade. This McDonald's did not have a dollar menu or the new "Snack Wrap". This store also had a chimney and jacked prices!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a painted mural at the drive-thru at the Darien rest stop McDonald's which further proved the bizarre nature of this McD's. Note how the mural advertises "Super Sized" fries; now discontinued at McDonald's restaurants.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

A small-town looking McDonald's located on Post Road East in Westport, CT on Rt. 1. This location doesn't feature a drive-thru.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Strange elevated glass counters at the Westport store.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

This McDonald's was, at one point, a doctor's office. It's actually nicely furnished inside. Technically, this store is located in Simsbury. It's one of those unusual looking stores in CT.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82

I didn't have to see "Supersize Me" to tell me too much McDoanld's is bad for you. I saw it happen to a friend of mine first hand. My senior year in High School (Class of 2000 baby!) one of my friends was the night manager of the McDonald's on Meriden-Watebury Road (Route 322) in the Plantsville Section of Southington. He was in my PE class and a couple months after he had become manager I noticed that he had gone from having a six pack stomach to having a small pooch gut. I remember he was told me he put on more than 40 pounds and his blood pressure and cholestrol skyrocketed after he became manager. He would eat several Big Macs a night. It's either eat them or throw them out.

Not entirely true. Since McDonald's is franchise-owned, not all stores push food on their employees. For all I know, some stores might actually make their employees pay for food (at least it's true at the Dunkin' Donuts I currently work at). At most, employees eat (everything) for free but downing a few Big Macs a night will no doubt cause one get fat. That just boils down to personal responsibility - I'm sure wasted fast food wouldn't be a crime :)

I also eat McDonald's once or maybe twice a week and I'm fine.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
A small-town looking McDonald's located on Post Road East in Westport, CT on Rt. 1. This location doesn't feature a drive-thru.

no drive through is bad.

Marc82

The McDonald's at the New Brite Plaza in New Britain has been demolished. A new one will be built in it's place and should open this fall.  I find it odd since the article metions the restaurant only opened in 1997. The owner is said to have managed the first McDoanld's in Connecticut, which was in Hamden in 1957.

http://www.newbritainherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16982692&BRD=1641&PAG=461&dept_id=10109&rfi=6

d_fife

here is the mcdonald's in amherst ny (near buffalo) on the same road as the mall and many other stoers. it is retro looking.

d_fife

here is the mcdonald's in amherst ny (near buffalo) on the same road as the mall and many other stoers. it is retro looking.

amherst ny retro one

d_fife

here is the retro mcdonald's look in baldwinville ny

Zayre88

I first thought this one could be a former Burger King in Bangor but now that i've seen this picture posted by BillyGr :
http://69.93.241.194/~amesfan/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=64&pid=20860

(Picture #4at the bottom) I think it might be a former McDonald's.  The roof line is similar..There's one nearby at the Airport Mall, but there is a BK not too far away and it looks recent...

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
My local McDonald's, probably in the early 80's.  It went through one expansion and two renovations.

Can you believe that this is the same McDonald's today !!

A full picture of it today... it is ugly...

d_fife

mcdonald's sign in avon CT an unusual one at that.

d_fife

mcdonald's charlton ma rest area

d_fife

mcdonald's charlton ma rest area
sign of charlton

d_fife

mcd's in east hartford  ct on the outskirts

d_fife

mcdonald's cromwell ct headed to wal-mart just off the hwy.

d_fife

mcdonald's cromwell ct headed to wal-mart just off the hwy.

cromwell sign the one that heads to wal-mart

d_fife

the one near stop and shop and kmart in cromwell ct

d_fife

mcdonald's middletown ct

d_fife

mcdonald's middletown ct

middletown ct