McDonald's

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

There are several shots here:

1. State Street (Route 5) Schenectady Location.

2. Glenville (Route 50) - The rear building is a new McDonalds, the front one is the former location.

3. Close up of front of new Glenville location

4. Close up of side of old Glenville location.

5. Closed Scotia Location (on Route 5 - main street).

BillyGr

Here are a couple shots of the Valatie (town of Kinderhook) McDonald's - a little clearer than previous ones were.

The first is the Route 9H side (this side has the drive thru, including the 3rd window that they used at the time this was built rather than the speaker - of course it is no longer used).

The second is a closer view on the Route 9 side.

(Both of these roads run parallel for about 3/4 mile here until you come to the "roundabout" - the Dunkin Donuts is closest, then McDonalds, then Stewarts/Trustco - all three have entry/exits from both sides).

As you can see, about the only McDonald's looking parts are the signs (the Route 9 side also has a ground level wooden sign which you can't see) - even then they are small compared to many.

coolbabes

Here's a McDonalds they're building in Milford, MA.
Kind of weird.

powersbt

LOL, there is just something not right with a Doniker right next to the Drive Thru Order area at a McDonalds!!

XISMZERO

Here are some pictures of the McDonald's in Unionville, Connecticut. This store is located inside a rather distressed strip mall.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's some interior shots. The place is practically dead after 10 PM.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The (cramped) menu from an outdated store. This McDonald's is one of the few outside mall locations to not feature a drive-thru.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

An old "Fresh Baked Apple Pie" sign just recently taken down.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

mcdonald's unionville CT as of july 21, 2006. It is still there.

d_fife

Mcdonald's in Newington CT on rt. 5 as of july 20, 2006 and iit is still there and at the beginning of the restuarant / commerical / retail strip.

d_fife

mcdonald's in carmel ny diagonal from ames near A&P

d_fife

mcdonald's biddeford on elm st and rt. 111.

d_fife

a small mcdonald's in kennebunk maine that opened 10 yrs ago

d_fife

mcdonald's south portland maine in waterman drive

d_fife

here is the newly rebuilt mcdonald's in saco maine. it was rebuilt a month ago and demolished to be rebuilt over 6 months ago (I have pictures of its old look to be digitized)

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the newly rebuilt mcdonald's in saco maine. it was rebuilt a month ago and demolished to be rebuilt over 6 months ago (I have pictures of its old look to be digitized)

saco maine rebuilt location as of july 2, 2006.

d_fife

rebuilt saco location

d_fife

rebuilt saco location

sign saying welcome back mcdonald's in saco maine as of july 2, 2006.

d_fife

mcdonald's in laconia nh on union ave

d_fife

tilton nh one off the 93 highway

d_fife

tilton nh one off the 93 highway

tilton nh one

d_fife

here is the franklin nh one

Marc82

The one in Unionville is weird. A few years ago my family and I went to go there on Mother's Day I believe it was and they were closed.

The one on Queen Street (Route 10) in Southingtn was just remodeled. I haven't been in there since the remodel.

Here's a shocker. The beautiful new on in the Plainville Commons is owned by the same guy who owns the run-down one at the Bristol Centre Mall. The one at the Bristol Centre Mall is supposed to move somewhere else in the downtown area, but I haven't heard where they're moving too. My friend who lives in Plainville, but has  seen the one at the centere mall was like "Are You F****** Kidding Me that they're owned by the Same guy?"

I didn't have to see "Supersize Me" to tell me too much McDoanld's is bad for you. I saw it happen to a friend of mine first hand. My senior year in High School (Class of 2000 baby!) one of my friends was the night manager of the McDonald's on Meriden-Watebury Road (Route 322) in the Plantsville Section of Southington. He was in my PE class and a couple months after he had become manager I noticed that he had gone from having a six pack stomach to having a small pooch gut. I remember he was told me he put on more than 40 pounds and his blood pressure and cholestrol skyrocketed after he became manager. He would eat several Big Macs a night. It's either eat them or throw them out.

d_fife

mcdonald's in merideth nh and it was remodeled early last year.

d_fife

mcdonald's in merideth nh and it was remodeled early last year.

here is the one in merideth nh

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
The one in Unionville is weird. A few years ago my family and I went to go there on Mother's Day I believe it was and they were closed.

The one on Queen Street (Route 10) in Southingtn was just remodeled. I haven't been in there since the remodel.

Here's a shocker. The beautiful new on in the Plainville Commons is owned by the same guy who owns the run-down one at the Bristol Centre Mall. The one at the Bristol Centre Mall is supposed to move somewhere else in the downtown area, but I haven't heard where they're moving too. My friend who lives in Plainville, but has  seen the one at the centere mall was like "Are You F****** Kidding Me that they're owned by the Same guy?"

I didn't have to see "Supersize Me" to tell me too much McDoanld's is bad for you. I saw it happen to a friend of mine first hand. My senior year in High School (Class of 2000 baby!) one of my friends was the night manager of the McDonald's on Meriden-Watebury Road (Route 322) in the Plantsville Section of Southington. He was in my PE class and a couple months after he had become manager I noticed that he had gone from having a six pack stomach to having a small pooch gut. I remember he was told me he put on more than 40 pounds and his blood pressure and cholestrol skyrocketed after he became manager. He would eat several Big Macs a night. It's either eat them or throw them out.
here is the one in southington CT near shaw's and chili's as of july 21, 2006.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82

here is the one in southington CT near shaw's and chili's as of july 21, 2006.

southington one and it is unique

d_fife

temporarily closed mcdonald's in downtown new britian Ct near the old adams supermarket

d_fife

mcdonald's in waterbury CT near the Brass center mall

AmesNewington

temporarily closed mcdonald's in downtown new britian Ct near the old adams supermarket

Why is the New-Britain one temperarily closed? I remember my fascination with this one when it was Roy Rogers. Even as a child, I just loved any store/restaurant. The Roy Rogers closed, and I was happy to see something replaced it.

ALSO...
As already posted, the Newington McDonald's will soon close, be demolished, and rebuilt as a modern-retro style McDonald's. This was said to be the very first McDonald's in Connecticut. It opened in 1969 I think when Hamburgers were 15 cents each. Of course, I was born in 1989 when the restaurant turned 20. It's now 37 years old, and you can tell it needs a revamp.