Main Menu

Sam Goody

Started by Caldor1999, March 12, 2005, 02:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

im not to sure if they closed im only putting this down cause the one in my town closed hears a pic to prove it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

store215

Many Sam Goody's/Media Play/Suncoats (same company) have closed down in the past 2-3 years. Only the real profitable stores have survived.

Anonymous

I have a sam goody by me. It is in westfield shoppingtown montgomery(a.k.a montgomery mall),in bethsda, maryland. It's not closed yet, but every time i go there i'm wondering if it closed, because the former suncoast is gone forever.

store215

Store Closing List:
Link

They are closing about 1/2 of their locations counting the already closed Media Play chain.

Just a sign of the times I guess with Internet downloading and mp3 players, and big box stores that are able to sell CD's and DVD's  without  yoo much markup. (Also the independent music stores who have a much better selection-especially for older music)

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Store Closing List:
Link

They are closing about 1/2 of their locations counting the already closed Media Play chain.

Just a sign of the times I guess with Internet downloading and mp3 players, and big box stores that are able to sell CD's and DVD's  without  yoo much markup. (Also the independent music stores who have a much better selection-especially for older music)

WHAT SUNCOAST IS CLOSING MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT HAVE THAT. I LOVE SUNCOSAT.

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

Caldor1999

we ahd a sam goody in are town but it closed last year
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

Suncoast at Fox Run Mall and Mall of NH will close along with Sam Goody at the Turnpike Mall in Augusta ... !!

Caldor1999

dident the company that ownded them file for ch 11 i also heard bath and body works might file for ch 11 2
Caldor Forever!

beau99

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
dident the company that ownded them file for ch 11 i also heard bath and body works might file for ch 11 2
Yes, but the Sam Goody and Suncoast locations making profits aren't in danger of closing.

That's basically every one of them out here.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

Suncoast at Fox Run Mall and Mall of NH will close along with Sam Goody at the Turnpike Mall in Augusta ... !!

WHAT THE FOX RUN MALL AND MALL OF NH. THE MALL OF NH store is my closest one!!!!!!!!!!!

IT closing in the fox run mall: GRRRRRR. THE FOX RUN MALL IS GOING DOWNHILL: KB TOYS CLOSEd, DISNEY STORE CLOSED and noiw this.

WHICH OTHERS ARE GOING!!!! I LOVE SUNCOAST

Crawford

I went to the Suncoast in Emerald Square Mall which is shutting down. The clerk was very knoweledgeable and said that basically wherever a store is paying a high rent, those are the ones that will be closing. I used to buy most of my VHS movies in here, but their dvds were too expensive. Much cheaper to go to Best Buy, Walmart or Target. It is sad whenever a store closes, now all the business that went there will go to FYE which is the only other dvd store in the mall. Pity. Suncoast used to carry a nice selection of anime themed toys, t-shirts, magazines etc. Well, given time some other store will pick up the slack.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

ameskmart1

d_fife

I AM VERY UPSET AT THESE Closings

here is the sam goody in wayne new jesey in the wayne hills mall

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1140387642&subNum=50220000374

KyleRF

I was at Bridgewater Commons today and the one there is closing too.

df559

Tower records is still open out here in the West Coast!

store215

Not closed. theres still a few in Philly

d_fife

there was burlington coat in the burlington mass and downtown boston.

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

Universal Studios Hollywood

store215

Just announced today: Transworld (a.k.a. FYE, Coconuts, Saturday Matinee) will be buying Musicland (a.k.a Sam Goody, Suncoast). This seems like a bad move in the long-run. Say good bye to the Sam Goody name and Suncoast (I am guessing they will move more of Suncoast's products into an fye store eliminating the need for Suncoast (or Transworld's own Saturday Matinee movie chain)

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Just announced today: Transworld (a.k.a. FYE, Coconuts, Saturday Matinee) will be buying Musicland (a.k.a Sam Goody, Suncoast). This seems like a bad move in the long-run. Say good bye to the Sam Goody name and Suncoast (I am guessing they will move more of Suncoast's products into an fye store eliminating the need for Suncoast (or Transworld's own Saturday Matinee movie chain)

i dont like fye there to over priced samgoody was a great chain i wish they would stay around
Caldor Forever!