The Great Northern Mall / Clay, New York

Started by XISMZERO, August 07, 2006, 01:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XISMZERO

The Great Northern Mall is located on Rt. 31 in Northern Syracuse area and is accessible on I-481. It opened in 1988, is owned by the Macerich Group and currently contains a Dick's, The Bon-Ton (now closed for a JCPenney) Kaufmann's, Sears, a cinema, and a Toys R Us which sits outparcel.

I've heard reports the security at this mall is very intolerant of photography. Nonetheless, I got a few pictures of the mall without being caught. Security was, however, darting around the parking lot in their SUV patroller while I was over by the outparcel Toys R Us.

Here's the mall's triangular road sign/pillar.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Great Northern Mall directory board. Still features the now vacant Bon-Ton.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

A close up of the mall's one-level layout.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Toys R Us as seen from Dick's parking lot.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Toys R Us which features no road pylon and is on the mall property but not attached to the mall.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

the great northern mall in clay ny that is north of syracuse on rt. 481 and what killed the pen cann mall and opened fall 1988 and sears moved here. and jc penny will open this fall in the old bon ton that closed last year.

about this mall: sears in clay ny in the great northern mall and notice the red lettering on the building it was built in 1988 as was the ones I posted in pittsfield mass, schenectady mass. I had to take the rest of my pictures across the street because I got in trouble at this mall for taking pictures as mall security in the mall approached me and said they got complaints from people at ruby tuesday. I agree with a state ment of this mall it is intolerant of picture taking, in the last 6 yeasr the only two malls I HAVE EVER GOTTEN IN TROBULE WITH MALL SECURITY FOR PICTURE TAKING IS THIS MALL AND HOLYOKE, and a few other posters in this board have gotten in trouble at those 2 malls two. when mall security approached me, I was taken to mall security office and I told them I Was doing pictures for a school project in my marketing management class (THERE was truth in that as I chose big box stores as my topic then) and mall security told me that they have this rule of pictures due to advertising, told me "you need written prior approval" and to stop taking pictures. I had to continue across the street since these pictures of malls and such to me are like a collector collecting stuff. for written approval, there is no guarentee probably. the guard who took me to mall security management said that he might let me continue picture taking if they explain and the mall security management said I could continue the picture taking across the mall to the other mall or to the carousel mall (I wodner what rule they have on this) around cities mall security seems to get more tight with this. I read there are no laws of picture taking, but if they are suspicious they can question you or if you are on private property they can forbid it. I heard at the garden state mall, that this woman took pictures and mall security stopped her and said they will not alow it due to 9/11 and she went to mall management and he said there is nothing about picture taking, but mall security can stop you at their discretion. so in other words if there is no rule about picture taking, mall security can stop you if they want. THIS INCIDENT WAS A TURNING Point, as I know take pictures after I shop at hte mall because if someone sees it they may report it and mall security may ask me to leave, make me delete my pictures or take away my camera (my dad says they might do that. MY DAD (WHO WAS NOT WITH ME ON THE TRIP BUT I TOLD HIM) said that mall security may have made that up of ruby tuesday reporting me taking hte pictures and they allways make that stuff up.

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
dick's from toys r us parking lot

mall