Penn Can Mall history

Started by shakethis1234, January 19, 2005, 03:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

d_fife

here is the drivers village sign

d_fife

http://www.penncanmall.com/ it mentions history of the mall and if you go on history it can say lists of stores in 1977, 1978, 1984, 1989 (sears is listed), 1992 (sears is no longer listed) and 1993.

I WNDER WHEN THE INDOOR PART GOT SEALED OFF. I WISH I COULD HAVE GONE TO THIS MALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did I miss anything. But i guess carousel mall was killing it more than the great northern was (Great northern opened fall 1988). the mall had kb toys and record town. I bet the kb toys had hte old school logo. It is hard to explain what the old kb toys logo was, but I remember it.

Mall history mentions a good history of the mall and the mall opened 1976 and it had up to 86 stores and was the first enclosed mall in the northern suburbs and at first had one anchor store sears. chappels existed in mall. steinbach did in the mall. archieves and arael have images of the mall and one inside at christmas time and the mall was thriving at one point.

XISMZERO

Here's the inside of the former Penn Can Mall (now Driver's Village). The clock is still there! Taken May 22, 2007.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Inside of the former Penn Can Mall (now Driver's Village). Taken May 22, 2007. The former central court.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Inside of the former Penn Can Mall (now Driver's Village). Taken May 22, 2007. Some vestiges of the mall are still here.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr