Main Menu

Ames

Started by amesman, January 05, 2005, 01:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

here is the former bangor one that was in the airport mall. it opened 1998 and was a rich's. the store was 77,000 sq.ft.

d_fife

here is the old ames in bangor maine that was a zayre. it clsoed 1999 and was 60,000 sq.ft. I was there when it said coming soon tj maxx n more, back in 1999.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the old ames in bangor maine that was a zayre. it clsoed 1999 and was 60,000 sq.ft. I was there when it said coming soon tj maxx n more, back in 1999.

this bangor one was on broadway.

d_fife

here is what was the ames in houlton maine and it was 48,000 sq.ft. and closed in 1996 when all the other aroostook county ones closed.

d_fife

here is what was the ames in houlton maine and it was 48,000 sq.ft. and closed in 1996 when all the other aroostook county ones closed.

houlton

d_fife

houlton

houlton one sign.

d_fife

here is the 60,000 sq.ft. Ames that closed in presque isle maine in 1996 when all the aroostook county ones closed. it is between the mall and wal-mart on rt. 1. There was a zayre in presque isle. was it the zayre location?

d_fife

here is what I beleive was the former zayre in presque isle. this iga seemed to have been the old zayer and is 50,000 sq.ft. and this zayre was one of the first 13 stores that opened between 1956 and 1960 (portland pine tree opened 1957). well Ames closed stores in 4 overlapping places and the overlapping places i kenw of where Ellsworth, BRunswick and sanford.

d_fife

here is the ames building in caribou maine (IT WAS THE NORTHERN MOST REAL AMES; but the madawaska one became the northern most one when it bought zayre out). this store closed in early 1996 when all the aroostook county stores closed and was off rt. 1 and 53,000 sq.ft. this one and houlton opened 1983.

d_fife

here is the ames building in caribou maine (IT WAS THE NORTHERN MOST REAL AMES; but the madawaska one became the northern most one when it bought zayre out). this store closed in early 1996 when all the aroostook county stores closed and was off rt. 1 and 53,000 sq.ft. this one and houlton opened 1983.

caribou

d_fife

here is the former ames building in madawaska maine (THE NORTHERN MOST AMES) as i said it was a zayre and all the aroostook county stores where HOulton, Presque isle, caribou and madawaska.

d_fife

here is the Ames millinocket maine store!! it was 49,000 sq.ft. and nearly 50,000 sq.ft. just around its closing, it was then the northern most ames in maine. It is still vacant as of May 22, 2006.

d_fife

here is the Ames millinocket maine store!! it was 49,000 sq.ft. and nearly 50,000 sq.ft. just around its closing, it was then the northern most ames in maine. It is still vacant as of May 22, 2006.

more millinocket store (the town is a mall town and 70 miles north of bangor 10 miles esat of 95 off exit 244)

d_fife

more millinocket store (the town is a mall town and 70 miles north of bangor 10 miles esat of 95 off exit 244)

millinocket sign.

d_fife

here is the old 43,000 sq.ft. ames in dover-foxcroft maine that opened in 1983 and became shaw's 2 years ago.

d_fife

here is the old 43,000 sq.ft. ames in dover-foxcroft maine that opened in 1983 and became shaw's 2 years ago.

sign of the dover-foxcroft one

d_fife

here is what was ames in calais maine and is the eastern most ames. it was 44,000 sq.ft. and opened 1983.

d_fife

here is what was ames in calais maine and is the eastern most ames. it was 44,000 sq.ft. and opened 1983.

calais ames

d_fife

calais ames

calais ames

d_fife

calais ames

calais ames

sign in calais

d_fife

here is what was ames in ellsworth maine and opened april 1983 and the 3rd ames in maine and was 65,000 sq.ft. and was king's.

d_fife

here is what was ames in ellsworth maine and opened april 1983 and the 3rd ames in maine and was 65,000 sq.ft. and was king's.

sign ellsworth

d_fife

here is what was the Zayre in ellsworth maine and it was just down the road from the Ames. the zayre opeend 1964 and was 55,000 sq.ft. and closed early 1990 (As did presque isle) when ames closed overlapping stores. shaw's expanded the building. this ames in ellsworth that was zayre was one of the 4 overlapping stores in maine

d_fife

d_fife

belfast maine sign

here is what is Ames in belfast maine and the store was 43,000 sq.ft. it became bob's and now ocean state job lots. it opened early 1984. it was the only store like that in belfast and now everyone has to go 30 minutes to ellworth or rockland. they tried putting a wal-mart in belfast at one point.

d_fife

here is what is now the old Ames in rockland maine. The store was 78,000 sq.ft. and a zayre that opened 1987. I also went to the store when it was an ames back in 2001 and have pictures of it.

d_fife

here is what is now the old Ames in rockland maine. The store was 78,000 sq.ft. and a zayre that opened 1987. I also went to the store when it was an ames back in 2001 and have pictures of it.

old rockland one

d_fife

here is what is what was ames in wiscasset maine. the store opened 1985 and was 43,000 sq.ft. and shaw's replaced it like over 2 years ago. the ames had no sign. I have pictures of it when it was ames and I went there back in 2001.

store215

It doesn't like Shaws changed the exterior much of the above store...and the parking lot hints that it's not a very profitable store either [depending on when the pic was taken]

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
It doesn't like Shaws changed the exterior much of the above store...and the parking lot hints that it's not a very profitable store either [depending on when the pic was taken]

I went by this shaw's at 9:15 am on MAy 24, 2006 and the place must have zoning ordinances against the remodeling and there being no room to expand to the usual 60,000 to 70,000 sq.ft.