Main Menu

Ames

Started by amesman, January 05, 2005, 01:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything Community and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
former ames on oneida ny

more former ames in oneida ny

oneida  ny

d_fife

foremr ames in rome that closed a long time ago

d_fife

former ames in liverpool ny was it here

d_fife

former ames in liverpool ny was it here

or is the ames here?

d_fife

here is the former ames in syracuse! in the carousel mall. it was a hill's.

d_fife

ames in shop city shopping center on teale road. was it here?

d_fife

the ames above this picture, this picture and the one below where in syracuse in shop city shopping center on teale road. was it here?

d_fife

the ames above this picture, this picture and the one below where in syracuse in shop city shopping center on teale road. was it here?

this is in shop city shoppign center in syracuse. was it here?

d_fife

here is the former ames in syracuse ny in fairmount shopping center. it was a zayre that opened in 1989.

d_fife

here is a former ames in cortland ny. it closed in 1990 or 1991. it was a zayre!!!!! and has been vacant for 15 yeras now. it is off 81 in riverside plaza.

d_fife

here is the former ames in cortland ny on 278. there was 2 ames in cortland at one time.

d_fife

here is the ames in dewitt ny that was a hills.

powersbt

Ok, Time out. Where are you getting your information from?? Are you assuming things?? This P&C was Formerly a Tops, which was built from the ground up a few years years ago. THIS WAS NEVER AN AMES!! If I remember, Ames would have been farther up the road, on the opposite side. Or it may have been up near where I am living, but I can assure you that Ames was never where you said it was.

Caldor1999

here is a former ames in cortland ny. it closed in 1990 or 1991. it was a zayre!!!!! and has been vacant for 15 yeras now. it is off 81 in riverside plaza.

dosent look liek it clsoed 15 years agot u can stil see teh labe scar maby it clsoed in 1993 or maby it clsoed in 1999 or 2000 or 2001 maby
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

C. Fontaine

Nice locations Dan!  I'll verify these and get them up!

Amenia - TSC seems to Ames in NY.  This one has become Tractor Supply and Family Dollar.

Catskill - Previously reported by BillyGR, demolished and now awaiting Super Wal-Mart.  Small plaza built in rear.

Highland - Previosly sent in as well.  Mid-Section still intact, though to the left there is now TSC and right, a dollar store.

Hudson - Another popularly reported one thanks to Amesman and BillyGR.  Snagged receiving sign part of an Ames cart.  Also photographed an old car wash on the side of the building, anyone know if it was part of Ames at one time?

Hyde Park - Another previously reported one.  Now looks to be a major local hangout of kids, judging by major vandalism and burnout marks, and a large group when we arrived.  Rear is also a mess, big dumping ground with no receiving sign, probably already stolen.

Kingston - previously sent in, property in very nice condition.  Had a side entrance, was able to get the receiving sign from this one too.

Liberty - Another victim of TSC and dollar stores.  Small remnant of Ames entrance with some empty Ames space to the far right.  Receiving sign scar still on rear wall.

Monticello - After doing some asking around, Cassie and I determined this is the former site of Ames.  Building muct have been demolished or renovated, because there is no more sign of Ames here.

Napanoch - Mucho exploring here.  Previously reported by Scott there is a flea market operating inside, which has generally the entire store opened up.  Had access to employee area with lockers, bathrooms, and small kitchenette.  Found an A+ pin in a wall, and a cache of A+ employee program cards.

New Paltz - Not much here.  Becoming a Super Stop & Shop.  Ames sign still on plaza's road sign.

Great Barrington, MA - A rare find, uncharted Ames territory!  After going in back and grabbing the receiving sign, we were informed the building was owned by and used as storage for BigY.  Cassie and I asked the manager there if we could take a look around with my camera.  He semmed interested, but we were told to come back later in the week so he could OK it with BigY corporate first.  Although we did get permission to photograph andything and everything else we wanted to outside of the doors!

I'll have these and everyone elses locations up very shortly!

d_fife

here is the FORMER AMES (THAT WAS A ZAYRE) IN MADAWASKA MAINE!!!!!!!!! IT closed in 1996 when they closed all the aroostook county stores (plus skowhegan); due to less canadians crossing the border; in march 1996. It was a zayre that opened 1972 and was probably 44,000 sq.ft. IT probably had the red lettering notice how it looks like the ones in saco and south portland. it was in this plaza near neighborhoods and downtown madawaska.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
Ok, Time out. Where are you getting your information from?? Are you assuming things?? This P&C was Formerly a Tops, which was built from the ground up a few years years ago. THIS WAS NEVER AN AMES!! If I remember, Ames would have been farther up the road, on the opposite side. Or it may have been up near where I am living, but I can assure you that Ames was never where you said it was.

I thought something said that the Ames / zayre was in the freedom plaza.

d_fife

the ames in orono maine that was 53,000 sq.ft.

d_fife

here is the sign of the ames in cicero in the pen cann mall.

d_fife

ames in cicero in pen cann mall. it was a hill's. it seems to be nothing as of may 25, 2006.

d_fife

ames in cicero in pen cann mall. it was a hill's. it seems to be nothing as of may 25, 2006.

cicero ny

d_fife

here is the former ames in oswego ny that is now  half tractor supply

d_fife

here is the former ames in oswego ny that is now  half tractor supply

sign for oswego

d_fife

here is what was the ames in Rumford maine. I have pictures of this stoer when I wbent to its closing in 2002, but i have to digitize it and the lettering of the ames was red and the inside had hte old zayre checkouts. amazing this one was a zayre because it was in the same kind of location ames would be, it was a smaller town and rural. again this ames in rumford was a zayre and it was 44,000 sq.ft. and opened 1973.

rumford store

d_fife

here is what was the ames in Rumford maine. I have pictures of this stoer when I wbent to its closing in 2002, but i have to digitize it and the lettering of the ames was red and the inside had hte old zayre checkouts. amazing this one was a zayre because it was in the same kind of location ames would be, it was a smaller town and rural. again this ames in rumford was a zayre and it was 44,000 sq.ft. and opened 1973.

rumford store

this rumford store as you notice looks like the ones in madawaska, saco and south portland maine. saco and madawaska opened 1972, south portland opened 1973

rumford.

d_fife

rumford store

this rumford store as you notice looks like the ones in madawaska, saco and south portland maine. saco and madawaska opened 1972, south portland opened 1973

rumford.

rumford sign

d_fife

here is the former skowhegan Ames that was 49,000 sq.ft. and was part of the roudn where all the aroostook county stores closed; it closed 1996; and k-mart closed the same year k-mart did, as wal-mart opened. notice the S labelscar

d_fife

here is the former skowhegan Ames that was 49,000 sq.ft. and was part of the roudn where all the aroostook county stores closed; it closed 1996; and k-mart closed the same year k-mart did, as wal-mart opened.

skowhegan

d_fife

former ames in newport maine that was 43,000 sq.ft. and opened early 1985 and closed in fall 2001, as the round of 47 stores which occurd just before the 2nd bankruptcy. well a super wal-mart is down the road. the labelscar shows.

d_fife

here is more of the old ames in newport maine