A MALL WITH NO SKYLIGHTS?

Started by Jag67, April 20, 2005, 02:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

Here's some pics of the Eastern Hills Mall in Amherst, NY. Built in 1971 with a major renovation in the mid-late 80's and another currently going on. Unfortunately, this mall has been hurting ever since walden Galleria opened in 1989. However, this mall still does modernatedly well. However, Galleria is just about to sstart construction on a major expansion, which will be an even bigger blow to this mall. I took these last night. Hope you enjoy them.

Jag67

Penney's. This store is VERY dated. The exterior is all Orginal except the Facade of the front enterance. Carpets are orginal!!

Jag67

Front enterance. Penney's signs are pure crap. Replace them already!!

Jag67

Jag67

The former Penney's auto center, now Firestone.

Jag67

Former Jenn's department store. Jenn's was regional I believe and catered to the upscale crowd. All their stores closed in 2001. Then this store became a Burlington Coad factory, which closed in 2003. Currently, it's being renovated into Dave and Buster's. When I took a beek inside, they were ripping out the escalator and sealing off the second floor.

Jag67

A dark pic of the Former Layne Bryant. This closed in late 2004-early 05

Jag67

Inside. The words "Lane Bryant" are still above the desk in the store and "Shop at lanebryant.com" are still on the windows.

Jag67

Enterance to the Former Jenn's/Burlington. Eastern Hills management is always littering the mall with crappy 90% plastic cars nobody cares about.

Jag67

Kaufmann's. This used to be Hangerer's, then Sibley's. I believe this was last renovated when Sibley's took over in 83. Also a very dated store.

Jag67

Jag67

Jag67

Center Court. This was just renovated a few months ago. To the left is Victoria's Secret, with their huge pictures of half-naked models in the window.

Jag67

Not much has changed with the Bon-Ton over the last 33 years. Here's a painting done in 1972, back when it was an AM&A's.

Jag67

The same store and same view today.

Jag67

Jag67

The former KB toys. Closed in May 2004. A sad sight...

Jag67

The former Waccamaw Home Decor store a VERY early 90's store, closed in 1998. Waccamaw went out of business 2 years later. The space is currently being used as an RV dealer. They left the store the same. For more pics, head to my Waccamaw Page. I took quite a number of Pics of this store

Jag67

Inside. Like I said, this is just one of many pics I took of this store.

Jag67

Champs. This is one of their older stores, I think it's from the 80's.

Jag67

Sears. Renovated numerous times over the years, so it's not too bad.

Jag67

Jag67

Jag67

2nd floor. You'd never guess this was built almost 35 years ago...

Jag67

..or not. I spotted this little remiscent of the 70's on the side of the escalator.

Jag67

The old suncoast. This has been closed for about 5 years. I think they're working on something inside..

Jag67

The (Busier) 1st corridor. More stupid cars.