Holyoke Mall

Started by dayville81, January 15, 2006, 11:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dayville81

Located in Holyoke, Mass, this mall is anchored by Filene's, Toys R Us, Sears, H&M, Target, AC Moore, JC Penney, Christmas Tree Shop, Best Buy, Filene's Basement, and DSW Shoe Warehouse. One empty anchor store vacated by Lord and Taylor.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by dayville81
Located in Holyoke, Mass, this mall is anchored by Filene's, Toys R Us, Sears, H&M, Target, AC Moore, JC Penney, Christmas Tree Shop, Best Buy, Filene's Basement, and DSW Shoe Warehouse. One empty anchor store vacated by Lord and Taylor.

the mall is 1.6 million square feet and was expanded and renovated in 1995, a 36,000 square foot toys r us and a 16,000 squre foot kids r us got added in a new wing with a newer 200,000 square foot filene's that opened in 1995. best buy, opened 1998, and christmas tree shops were added in a space that was going to be lechmere Filene's was in an older space that was once Stieger's department store. service merchandise closed in 1999 in a massive round of closings and was replaced by ace moore. Target opened above AC moore in july 1999. Toys r us will close in the spring 2006 and be converted to BAbies r us in fall 2006, leaving Target as the only toy store in the mall. there is a collector store in the mall. KB toys closed in the mall. an old navy is in the mall. Lord and taylor closed in 2005. 99 restuarant was added a year ago. FIlene's basement closes in the spring. This mall draws people from all over western mass, western new hampshire, southern vermont and northern connecticut. t

picture of the mall
from www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/holyoke_mall.asp

a picture of the mall

dayville81

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by dayville81

the mall is 1.6 million square feet and was expanded and renovated in 1995, a 36,000 square foot toys r us and a 16,000 squre foot kids r us got added in a new wing with a newer 200,000 square foot filene's that opened in 1995. best buy, opened 1998, and christmas tree shops were added in a space that was going to be lechmere Filene's was in an older space that was once Stieger's department store. service merchandise closed in 1999 in a massive round of closings and was replaced by ace moore. Target opened above AC moore in july 1999. Toys r us will close in the spring 2006 and be converted to BAbies r us in fall 2006, leaving Target as the only toy store in the mall. there is a collector store in the mall. KB toys closed in the mall. an old navy is in the mall. Lord and taylor closed in 2005. 99 restuarant was added a year ago. FIlene's basement closes in the spring. This mall draws people from all over western mass, western new hampshire, southern vermont and northern connecticut. t

picture of the mall
from www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/holyoke_mall.asp

a picture of the mall

Are all Filene's Basement stores closing or just this one? What is going on with Toys R Us? Is the whole chain closing and converting to Babies R Us? I will miss Toys R Us, I grew up with the chain and always thought they had an excellent selection of toys. I am sure they were beat by Wal-Mart. It is too bad because Toys R Us used to be the kind of store where they had demo toys you could play with in the store and samples outside the box.

d_fife

i think just this filene's basement is. Toys r us is closing 75 stores and converting an additional 12 stores to Babies r us.

This toys r us had a wierd exit!!!

I loved this mall as it has everything you want, not a good mall for toys though.

Rayco7030

wow i havent been there in 3 years but before a long time lonnger than 5 yrs;)
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

XISMZERO

Here's the mall's attract sign as of earlier this month. The Toys "R" Us is currently underway to becoming Babies "R" Us.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's what that sign looked like in mid-March. As you can see from the above picture the [incorrect] Toys "R" Us sign has been stripped away. Snagged this troubled looking picture as I was waiting at the light.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the Toys "R" Us at the mall as of mid-March.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the Toys "R" Us at the mall now in the process of being converted into Babies "R" Us.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The wood-trimmed upper level borders and aged tiles/interior of the mall still looks as it did when I first visited way back in the early 90's (mall looks very 1980s) as a kid. They are currently underway in moving A.C. Moore to the first level. I'm not entirely sure of what will occupy their current space. Filene's Basement is also now closed. They also have a strict policy about no picture taking so beware if you plan to snag some shots.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
The wood-trimmed upper level borders and aged tiles/interior of the mall still looks as it did when I first visited way back in the early 90's (mall looks very 1980s) as a kid. They are currently underway in moving A.C. Moore to the first level. I'm not entirely sure of what will occupy their current space. Filene's Basement is also now closed. They also have a strict policy about no picture taking so beware if you plan to snag some shots.

yah the mall is strict about it, almost 3 years ago when mall security saw me taking pictures they said to me the mall does not want me doing that and it is against the mall's policy. IF you do snag shots, BE SUPER CAREFUL And even if mall security does not see you, merchants could report it.  So are they really moving ac moore. This mall has a rainforest cafe which is a neat one. I wonder why this mall never had warner brothers stores and who will replace Lord and taylor and filene's basement. the mall was expanded ad renovated 10 yeras ago. the worst part of toys r us closing is no real toy store in this super regional mall and KB toys is not there and havigna babies store in a mall makes less scence. HOW much business did htis toys r us get? I remember the exit to this store was wierd and messed up. Babies r us i belive opens in the fall.

d_fife

i heard sports authority is coming soon from the directory, is babies r us open yet?

XISMZERO

Here are some pictures and commentary of my own, from my site The Caldor Rainbow, from my last week visit to the Holyoke Mall.

http://thecaldorrainbow.blogspot.com/2006/10/holyoke-mall-at-ingleside-holyoke.html

For the record, Sports Authority is coming into the old Lord and Taylor space and is currently in the conception.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Whoser

I've Been there, The place is huge! It has an arcade in the food court.

XISMZERO

Here's almost 100 pictures in and out of Holyoke Mall, taken yesterday. Almost got caught by security when I was shooting pictures on foot outside! I was successful in my car, but security seemed to be suspicious of me. EIther way, what luck! Enjoy!

Here: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/xismzero/album/576460762399437835

Lord & Taylor is still vacant, Sports Authority is open in the former Kahunaville (arcade and restaurant) and AC Moore, who relocated to the downstairs across Babies R Us.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr