Main Menu

Dennys

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 02:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 22, 2022, 10:30:32 AMThere is an operation called "Burger Den" from which you can order burger meals from food delivery services like Doordash.  Burger Den is what is known as a "ghost kitchen".  It is really Denny's, operating a second shadow restaurant chain that helps make more efficient use of their kitchens and their labor. 

Since the Denny's closest to me now closes at 5PM I don't know what happens if you go to Doordash and try to order Burger Den in the evening.

Good question, though they could just have a couple employees that stay later to make the orders for the online service (as they wouldn't need as many people to do that as to run the actual restaurant with serving and such).

TheFugitive

You may be right.  I have driven by there at times when they were clearly closed, but there was a car or two in the parking lot with an unusual number of lights on.

Everything Community

Quote from: Everything Community on September 16, 2022, 12:40:24 PMEnfield location closed on September 13. Sign was up on the door alerting patrons according to a photo from this source

https://patch.com/connecticut/enfield/dennys-closes-enfield-location-after-more-45-years-business

West Haven location closed on September 6.

https://patch.com/connecticut/westhaven/denny-s-closes-abruptly-west-haven

This leaves 6 locations intact in CT including Vernon.

Two more locations in Vernon and Wethersfield closed within the last two weeks. Vernon, CT location (my hometown; the one I went to many times as a teenager) shut down it's doors for good on October 17.

Brammy

I read that at least in the case of the Vernon location they didn't even notify the state of Connecticut that they were closing, which I guess they're required to by law. They also didn't tell the employees either and most are owned final paychecks. I never went to that location.

I went to the Wethersfield location once in December 2016. I don't remember too much about it, but it was pretty typical. 30 minute wait for a tabl after 1AM Friday Night.

I wonder how much longer the Southington location is going to stay open. It doesn't do as much business as it did prior to The Pandemic.

The Real Brammy

TheFugitive

Some fairly horrifying footage of a Denny's road sign on top of one of those tall highway poles in
Elizabethtown, Kentucky breaking away and falling in high winds.  It fell on top of a car and killed the couple inside.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PYwbSQo9ZTc

TheFugitive

Denny's around here appears to be restaffing and getting back to something approaching normal hours.  I was in the Scott Township store and they are now open till 9.  The Denny's on Route 51 by the rotting Century III Mall is open till 10, and the one up the hill on Lebanon Church Road is open till midnight.

The bourbon chicken sizzling skillet is a winner!