Main Menu

Libraries

Started by Everything Community, May 11, 2019, 09:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything Community

Everything Community

New Little Free Library set up in Vernon-Rockville, CT outside the Vernon Board of Education buildingYou cannot see attachments on this board.

Everything Community

Here is a collage of every single library I have ever visited in Connecticut over the years. I took all of those pics of all library buildings shown in this collage. I bet you're not going to know every single library in CT but on in the first picture in the first row is a picture of my hometown library called Rockville Public Library which is located in Vernon, CT.

I've visited over seventy five libraries in CT over the years.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Everything Community

I went to Broad Brook Library on Wednesday October 5, 2022 to return long-lost library books I borrowed from here over five years ago. All books checked out of this library have no fees and can be kept over three weeks.

It is a small lovely library in Broad Brook section of East Windsor, Connecticut which was built in 1919. At the library, there is still a card catalog that is active unlike all other libraries in the state. The books from that library are also not computerized.

Everything Community

Me and a librarian with two library books at Broad Brook Library (as pictured here) that I checked out over five years ago that I ended up returning to.

Everything Community

Quote from: Brammy on October 25, 2022, 10:53:19 AMMeriden Public Library has temporarily relocated to the former Old Navy location.

Meriden Public Library in Meriden, CT temporarily relocated to Meriden Mall several months ago in it's space amid ongoing renovation of the actual library that should be completed by next year I believe.

I actually never knew about it. Thanks Brammy!

As a reminder, I really do love libraries since I enjoy reading books.