Brammy's Update

Started by Brammy, March 25, 2022, 09:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brammy

First I wanna give a shout-out to the dude of the hour Chris for getting the forun back up after nearly 2 years.

Since June 2020 I've been employed full-time at Walmart in Southington, Connecticut. I work 39-40 hours/week, make a decent hourly wage, and have benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision. Originally I was hired as a Personal Shopper, I do a bit of everything now.

Yes Brammy contracted the Covid.  In November 2020. I got it from a restaurant I got Door Dash delivery. Like 2 days after I got symptoms that restaurant announced a 2 week closing because an employee had the Covid. I put 2 and 2 together. It was the worst sickness I ever had. I had it for 9 days, but I was out of work for about a month because for 3 weeks after I still had a hacking cough. My Mom caught it from me, but she had a mild case, but it exaggerated her arthritis pain in her leg. She even had trro walk with a cane for a while.

In January 2021 I spent almost a week in the hospital. I had a growth that had to be removed. It grew quickly.

In June 2021 I went to King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. I left a day earlier than I originally planned, so I missed out on visiting with a friend who lives in the area.

August 10, 2021 I was feeling really weak and I slept most of the day. At around 3:30PM I woke up and I was in the worst pain of my life. My Mom called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital. Turns out it was my appendix. They said if I didn't get to the hospital when I did I would have died. That's how bad my appendix was. At home recovering for almost 2 weeks I had to go back into the hospital at the end of August. An infection developed in the incision area and fluid was leaking out. I ended up missing work for 2 months. Thankfully I got paid for that time.

I went back to King of Prussia in October and I did meet up with my friend.

Oh yeah. The appendix thing caused me to have to cancel my trip to Baltimore. I can't imagine what would've happened to me if the appendix thing happened in Baltimore.

So far 2022 is better than 2021. I have a milestone birthday coming up in May. Good news, I look younger than my actual age.I'm also already planning for this year's King of Prussia trip. It's going to be in June. I'm also hoping to meet up with another friend I haven't seen since before the pandemic. I also hope to get a vehicle this year.

The Real Brammy