Main Menu

Accidents suck!

Started by C. Fontaine, July 17, 2005, 11:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

Grrrrr!  Today while on a delivery I was nailed by an 86 year old lady!  I feel bad, but jeeeze!  I hate police reports!

storehistoryguy

Were you in this accident? Just kidding! :insane: Hey, when I was about 5, my mother once backed into an old lady and the old lady wasn't in a car. She was fine. She didn't sue. She was one of those sweet grandma old ladies. :)

Zayre88

I was hit by a 92' Civic on december 26 2003...    That car was dead, airbag opened, my Grand Am was damaged but it was body only.  Accident sucks!

I was stuck with a 1996 Neon for three weeks...

HoJofan206

May 9th, 1980  Skyway Bridge ocean liner/bridge accident.  35 people lost their lives, many on this greyhoud bus.  :no:

HoJofan206

My only tip here would be, make sure you wear your seat belt!

HoJofan206

I think this was a Nissan Sentra, but I am not really sure. :o

Marc82

Dang!!!!!!!!!  That thing looks like it got runover by an 18 wheeler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoJofan206

WOW, this has to be the worst car accident that I have ever seen. :no:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
WOW, this has to be the worst car accident that I have ever seen. :no:

whats probley sad is thta knwone probley service a crash liek that i mean the person mush ahve been going really fast for that to happen and it looks like that outehr car got hit by a suv withc is one of th many resions why i dont liek SUV's
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Marc82

Route 9 Middletown, CT 4/30/07. From the Hartford Courant

HoJofan206

Wow, check out this Geo Metro

HoJofan206

This Dodge Neon said, "Ouch" instead of "hi"

HoJofan206

I dunno how this happened.  I guess the driver was "high strung" :insane:

HoJofan206

Wow, now that was a rear end collision

HoJofan206

Two fatalities in the Tennessee accident. :no:

Marc82

Yes, accidents suck, especailly when they happen in your own darn driveway!!!!!!! After a day of visiting a friend at Price Chopper, picking some things up at Walmart, returning my book to the library, visiting another friend at Price Chopper, I pull into my driveway and scrape my car against my father's car putting a dent and a nice scrape of purple paint into the side of his car.  (Nice in the sarcastic sense of the word). My car barely has any damage to it. Just the paint is chipped off.

Marc82

Not doing too good. Had another minor accident on the way home from work today. I was driving down Route 10 and rear ended a lady. No damage to either car, but I got a written warning. Not good considering I only got my license last week.

C. Fontaine

That sucks, glad to hear your ok!  Don't feel bad I have somewhat of a driving record myself...

With my new Focus, had I just picked it up from the dealer still had dealer plates.  Didn't have it for even an hour when I hit a mattress blowing around in the fast lane on 146!  The state police showed up just a little too late to remove it from the road, this happened right in front of their baracks.  So they stood on it while I backed off of it because it was folded underneath my car, I was so afraid because I didn't want to run one of them over!

d_fife

I have never gotten into a real accident. I kind of did here is the story: it was in pennsylvania at this exit toll on PA turnpike 476 north of allentown and when I went through the toll attendant said my ez transponder did not go off and to take it off but I did not know it could be taken off as my parents installed my transponder in the car and never told me it could be taken off and I recently had it in the car for 5 months and I was in an out of the car so much to notice. ANYWHERE HERE IT is and I told her I CANT TAKE IT OFF. I would pay 75 cents as it was a toll and she said no you have to pay 21 dollars. I thought that was redicoulous and did not know where the 21 dollars came from. I did not know what to do and she said go into another toll booth then and I backed up and hit a post and it dented the right end of my car. I was mad at the toll attendent (woman) and she said what did I do. what do you think of her telling me to back up!!!!! She seemed to be one of these people where there is a problem get rid of it fast.

on my trip to cincinnati / huntington wv / northern KY / columbus and akron that was one week last march I never got into an accident, but almost a few times due to city driving.

last march I got pulled over for 76 in a 65 near exit 17 on 93 in NH but got a warning and it was the before my birthday, I got a warning. I wonder if the cop knew my birthday was the next day. If I went 80, would it have been a warning?

a few times I got pulled over for stuff like yellow line crossing at night due to it being dark, headlights and weaving as the road was windy.

dmx10101

So today, I finishing doing my laundromat and I'm walking to my car with my laundry to leave and this is what I find. I guess someone backed into my car and decided they were too good to admit their mistake and left the scene.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

HoJofan206

Thats not cool.  Strangly enough, a few years ago I was at a landromat and come out to find the exact same thing had happened to my Chevy Cavalier! :flaming:

C. Fontaine

Thats awful, I got my first Focus in 2003.  Two weeks after I bought it a somebody sideswiped it while I was at work and  banged up my fender.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
I have never gotten into a real accident. I kind of did here is the story: it was in pennsylvania at this exit toll on PA turnpike 476 north of allentown and when I went through the toll attendant said my ez transponder did not go off and to take it off but I did not know it could be taken off as my parents installed my transponder in the car and never told me it could be taken off and I recently had it in the car for 5 months and I was in an out of the car so much to notice. ANYWHERE HERE IT is and I told her I CANT TAKE IT OFF. I would pay 75 cents as it was a toll and she said no you have to pay 21 dollars. I thought that was redicoulous and did not know where the 21 dollars came from. I did not know what to do and she said go into another toll booth then and I backed up and hit a post and it dented the right end of my car. I was mad at the toll attendent (woman) and she said what did I do. what do you think of her telling me to back up!!!!! She seemed to be one of these people where there is a problem get rid of it fast.

on my trip to cincinnati / huntington wv / northern KY / columbus and akron that was one week last march I never got into an accident, but almost a few times due to city driving.

last march I got pulled over for 76 in a 65 near exit 17 on 93 in NH but got a warning and it was the before my birthday, I got a warning. I wonder if the cop knew my birthday was the next day. If I went 80, would it have been a warning?

a few times I got pulled over for stuff like yellow line crossing at night due to it being dark, headlights and weaving as the road was windy.

that is awful, but what do you think of my story and taht woman toll attendent for what she told me to do.

C. Fontaine

That's crazy.  I've had that happen to me in NJ where the change things didn't register my 35 cents but that lady is ridiculous.  Telling you to back up on a freeway!  She should be fired.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

How typical of New Hampshire Police. Since nothing really happens in that state and so many roads are confined to one da*mn lane, they have to focus all of their efforts on traffic violations - and silly ones at that like going 76 in a 65! Seriously, people of N.H. are some of the most obedient drivers I've ever seen. Anyway, it's also like them to give incessant warnings. I've gotten about four of them before I finally got a ticket.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

I had 2 warnings before my first ticket, but I got that one fixed.  My second one I got from a Mass. statie on 395 for doing at 85 in a 65, but I fought it and got it bumped down to 73.  The last one I had was here in RI on 146, and that was for 60 in a 55, but I was really doing 75, so I got a break.  In all situations I either had my radar detector off or wasn't paying attention, either was I made sure it disapeared before they walked up to my car.  In between all that I've been stopped for misc. things such as out of date inspection, broken plate lights, and window tint.

Fighting a ticket is the best thing you can do, because in most states it doesn't cost anything more and they will almost always give you some kind of break just for showing up.

HoJofan206

I wonder if this cab patron had to pay extra??  :insane:

dmx10101

Well I took my car to the shop today to get fixed. It won't be fixed until Friday, so they gave me a rental car. It's a silver 07 Toyota Corolla.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Marc82

I finally got around to taking a picture of the damage I did to my car after the run-in with my dad's car on May 8th.

Marc82

Here's the damage my dad's car suffered in my run in with his car on May 8th.