Rite Aid

Started by Caldor1999, May 02, 2005, 04:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Regents

The ones in Clifton Park aren't on the conversion list, so I assume they're staying. The one on 146 in front of Market32 has since closed. Quite pathetic as it was quite new as it was a freestanding replacement for a plaza location that was demolished in order for Price Chopper to build a Market32 on site.

buzz86us

Quote from: Retail Regents on September 07, 2019, 01:53:34 PM
A good lot of ours were done between 2011 and 2014, with some done later.

Size and location logic doesn't really apply when over half of Rite Aid stores are soon to become Walgreens or close outright.
yeah, but i am scratching my head over their decision to keep the most dank and aged stores (Eastern Ave & Van Vranken Ave) and close some of the newer stores.. IDK I guess I just held Walgreens to a higher standard their purpose built Walgreens stores were always much nicer than a comparable Rite Aid

BillyGr

Quote from: Retail Regents on September 08, 2019, 09:47:52 PM
The ones in Clifton Park aren't on the conversion list, so I assume they're staying. The one on 146 in front of Market32 has since closed. Quite pathetic as it was quite new as it was a freestanding replacement for a plaza location that was demolished in order for Price Chopper to build a Market32 on site.

Yes, I was thinking of the one right at 146 & 9, and the one farther down 9 that was originally an Eckerd (probably technically Halfmoon at that point). 

Hadn't noticed that the one at 146/146A had disappeared from the list (or that it hadn't then appeared on the Walgreens list), but I guess they thought having two that close wasn't needed (with the original Walgreens on 146 by the other Market32 being the other store here). 
They did that with a couple in Albany - in one case, both Rite Aid stores they bought, but they converted a freestanding one in the 500's of Central Ave. by the end of Clinton and then closed the former Eckerd in Westgate, which is around the 900's of central Avenue, while in the other closing a Rite Aid in the South End on South Pearl, noting it was only a mile from their store by the VA Hospital (but not a popular decision, as the area has many that don't have transport and the mile is mostly uphill if they walk).

Should also note that there are two more stores on the Rensselaer County side.
The Hoosick Street store is staying as Rite Aid, while the 2nd Avenue location (next to Price Chopper way up north along the river, just before Route 4 crosses over to Waterford) is to be converted, but I have no idea what schedule they are on.

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on September 09, 2019, 06:08:15 PM
Quote from: Retail Regents on September 07, 2019, 01:53:34 PM
A good lot of ours were done between 2011 and 2014, with some done later.

Size and location logic doesn't really apply when over half of Rite Aid stores are soon to become Walgreens or close outright.
yeah, but i am scratching my head over their decision to keep the most dank and aged stores (Eastern Ave & Van Vranken Ave) and close some of the newer stores.. IDK I guess I just held Walgreens to a higher standard their purpose built Walgreens stores were always much nicer than a comparable Rite Aid

Probably a combination of things.  Some might depend on what the sales records are (if a newer store just didn't do much business, seems not too logical to keep it open), some may be what else is in the area (if there was any existing Walgreens presence where they could easily close one and send the customers to the other without much chance of losing them, thus getting both sets of sales with only the cost of running one store) and there might also be cases where a particular store they are keeping for now, with thoughts that it is good enough to eventually be replaced with a newer building but for whatever reason that is hard to do at this time (costs, no spot currently available or whatever).

Brammy

Quote from: bjs203marc on September 06, 2019, 06:45:56 AM
They are doing renovations on the building that used to house Rite Aid at 167 Main Street in downtown Southington.

One week later the building is now completely boarded up.  ???
The Real Brammy

JimSawhill

I wonder if the Rite Aid in East Hartford at School Street and Ellington Road is closed...

Brammy

Quote from: bjs203marc on September 06, 2019, 06:45:56 AM
They are doing renovations on the building that used to house Rite Aid at 167 Main Street in downtown Southington. Not sure what it's going to be (if anything) yet. The building was sold to a local developer who owns several other properties in downtown Southington.

Bristol Health (the new name of Bristol Hospital) is moving doctors offices into the former Rite Aid in downton Southington. Currently they're located in an office building near Flair Restaurant (formerly Geno's Grille).

FROM MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

Bristol Health moving to former Rite Aid in Southington
By Michael Gagne, Record-Journal staff

SOUTHINGTON â€" The front and side windows of the former Rite Aid store at the corner of Main and Vermont streets are currently boarded up.

But the building won’t be empty much longer. Bristol Health Medical Group expects to relocate from its current office, 78 Main St., by mid-December. Bristol Health operates medical offices and facilities, including Bristol Hospital, in seven different communities. Its first Southington practice opened in 2017 at 78 Main St.

Spokesman Christopher Boyle said Bristol Health has already outgrown its existing space, which he described as a success since it opened nearly two years ago.

“The current office is about 2,200 square feet. The new building is about 7,000 square feet,” he said. “The bottom line is since we opened that new office, we’ve done really well. We’ve outgrown it.”

About 5,000 square feet in the new building will be medical space â€" including 12 examination rooms and a blood draw station, Boyle said. The medical services it will offer include primary care, general surgery, orthopedics, podiatry, psychiatry, behavioral health, pulmonary medicine and urology.

The building at 167 Main St. originally opened as a Rite Aid Pharmacy in 1984.

Town records show the planning & zoning department and town engineer approved a permit request to convert the space into a medical office last spring. That permit was requested by developer Florian Properties, which owns the property.

Town property records show the property was purchased by Format LLC for $695,000 in December 2018. According to state  business filings, Format’s principal is listed as Mathew W. Florian, who is also the manager of Florian Properties.

Bristol Health is paying to renovate the building, which it will be leasing. The exact total was not available on Friday.

“The old location was a great way to get established in Southington,” Boyle said. “With the new office, we look forward to really providing what we pride ourselves on â€" great safe and quality care.”

mgagne@record-journal.com
The Real Brammy