Berkshire Hathaway abandons Karmelkorn; franchisees on their own

Started by retailisking, May 21, 2019, 11:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

The franchise has steadily declined under DQ/Orange Julius ownership. With only six remaining locations in the US (all in the Midwest) after Sioux Falls closes, it's a foregone conclusion.
http://siouxfalls.business/dairy-queen-orange-julius-karmelkorn-in-empire-mall-to-close/?fbclid=IwAR1ceCGxIeDRxwWc052pdIQySNv7gUNTBT5AyXmwn20kD4FMxUN8jaN-Hjg

JimSawhill

Quote from: retailisking on May 21, 2019, 11:14:17 PM
The franchise has steadily declined under DQ/Orange Julius ownership. With only six remaining locations in the US (all in the Midwest) after Sioux Falls closes, it's a foregone conclusion.
http://siouxfalls.business/dairy-queen-orange-julius-karmelkorn-in-empire-mall-to-close/?fbclid=IwAR1ceCGxIeDRxwWc052pdIQySNv7gUNTBT5AyXmwn20kD4FMxUN8jaN-Hjg

Karmelcorn was wonderful...hope they'll reorganize...

retailisking

Quote from: JimSawhill on May 22, 2019, 04:29:31 AM
Karmelcorn was wonderful...hope they'll reorganize...

I have a feeling that's it's a situation like Howard Johnson's where there are so few locations left that there's not enough of a base left to rebuild from.

BillyGr

Quote from: retailisking on June 04, 2019, 08:12:41 PM
I have a feeling that's it's a situation like Howard Johnson's where there are so few (is only one) locations left that there's not enough of a base left to rebuild from.

Suspecting you meant the restaurant side of Howard Johnson's, I fixed that for you. :)

retailisking

Quote from: BillyGr on June 05, 2019, 02:23:38 PM
Quote from: retailisking on June 04, 2019, 08:12:41 PM
I have a feeling that's it's a situation like Howard Johnson's where there are so few (is only one) locations left that there's not enough of a base left to rebuild from.

Suspecting you meant the restaurant side of Howard Johnson's, I fixed that for you. :)

;)

JimSawhill

Karmelcorn is a great place. There was on in the Winter Haven Mall when I went to school in Polk County.