Main Menu

Megyn Kelly Today

Started by mixedday, October 24, 2018, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixedday

Given the latest backlash, I will wager to guess that NBC will cancel this show likely in February and end any other Megyn Kelly NBC projects in early 2019, by May being the latest.

giantsfan2016

What I was hoping for was moving Kathie Lee and Hoda to 9AM Eastern and moving Moving Days of our Lives to Noon Eastern and then reviving The Chew at 1PM Eastern, which was canceled by ABC. They did a CHEW reunion show on Facebook Live and Instagram Live Monday Afternoon and they had over 8500 live viewers on Facebook Live. I'm not sure how many they had on Instagram Live because I don't have Instagram.

mixedday

This CNN article indicates her exit from the 9 a.m. hour of the "Today" show appears to be imminent:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/24/media/megyn-kelly-blackface-al-roker/index.html

Probably, Kathie Lee and Hoda are in discussion with NBC about an eventual move to 9am. But the laid back style of the show seems more suitable for 10am.

In the meantime, I wonder if Today's Take is likely to return. Obviously, Tamron Hall won't be there, but perhaps seated would be Al Roker, and two of these three: Jenna Bush Hager, Sheinelle Jones and Carson Daly?

mixedday

Quote from: Brammy on October 24, 2018, 06:48:28 PM
What I was hoping for was moving Kathie Lee and Hoda to 9AM Eastern and moving Moving Days of our Lives to Noon Eastern and then reviving The Chew at 1PM Eastern, which was canceled by ABC. They did a CHEW reunion show on Facebook Live and Instagram Live Monday Afternoon and they had over 8500 live viewers on Facebook Live. I'm not sure how many they had on Instagram Live because I don't have Instagram.

NBC can't revive The Chew, given that was an ABC show. NBC could copy the concept but not use that name. Carla Hall has returned as contributor to GMA Day, but it remains seen to what capacity she will appear on GMA and The View.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a23066916/gma-day-carla-hall-the-chew-fans/

But it got me thinking, that she is likely out of contract from ABC. It might have been a one time appearance at GMA Day, but I'm not sure. If she is out of contract, she is valuable enough that NBC could hire her to join the Today group. I think a cooking focused slot at 9:30am might work and she could lead that time slot in the Today block and appear on other segments in the morning. At 9am though, I'm not so sure how NBC can best fill at the moment. Right now, I think it would more topical and NBC would start with resuming a Today's Take like format.

TheFugitive

Quote from: Brammy on October 24, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

NBC can't revive The Chew, given that was an ABC show. NBC could copy the concept but not use that name.

The Gnosh?
The Grind?
The Morning Mastication?
;D