Who's the Boss? and Growing Pains reruns

Started by mixedday, July 25, 2018, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixedday

In the late 80s, these two sitcoms were very popular.

But it seems like
a. Who's the Boss? has gone missing. I'd think it'd do well on Logo, or any of the new digitnets like Laff, Antenna TV, or Me TV. Any reason why it's not being picked up by any of the cable and digitnets? Even on DVD, only 1 season was released and it was hard to get it when I had DVD Netflix. It's also not available on Hulu or other streaming services.

b. Growing Pains was added recently to Antenna TV in Dec. 2017, but not even a full year covered, it's now longer run during the daytime, and it's buried in the middle of the night. Antenna TV has the most annoying commercials, but still better than nothing. Would the show make a better fit on Laff TV, which has more of the ABC lineup of shows from the 80s/90s, as Antenna TV typically has much older shows? I don't know what metric Antenna TV uses to decide their lineup. They kept Benson (granted a spinoff of Soap) but, over Growing Pains in their daytime lineup??

giantsfan2016

I don't know if Who's the Boss does well in reruns. I remember recently (within the past few years) that two cable network ran reruns of the show and they pulled them rather quickly. USA Network and I want to say POP.

mixedday

I think you are right that POP was the last cable network to air Who's the Boss?

TheFugitive

Who's the Boss? ran locally on WTAE-TV for years.
My mom almost never missed it.

mixedday

227 seems to be doing really well on Antenna TV. Aired twice 6 and 6:30pm, and it's got the liking of Oprah as it's on OWN quite often. It's one show I've liked but I never thought it would do well many years later on syndication, as it wasn't aired for many years. I don't think POP was the right fit for Who's the Boss as POP just airs CBS soaps and hour long series more.

I'm hoping Who's the Boss? would run on Logo as it just seems like the best fit. Or the pair with Growing Pains for those OTA cable cutters, as Laff runs more modern series than Antenna. Laff has been overplaying Spin City and Night Court rather much in the daytime.

I would say though that both Who's the Boss/Growing Pains started to not be as enjoyable to watch, in the later years and it kind of ruined the value of both series, but probably not much different than other series.