Fictitious Starcourt Mall within real Gwinnett Place Mall for Stranger Things

Started by dmx10101, July 11, 2018, 11:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmx10101

Not sure how many of you watch the popular Netflix series Stranger Things but it is currently filming the third season in the Atlanta area. There's a large two level dying mall about 30 minutes north of Atlanta named Gwinnett Place Mall. Large parts of the mall are vacant, including one large two level wing of the mall with the food court. Both levels of that wing including the completely vacant food court were converted over the course of several months into a 1980's styled mall named the Starcourt Mall for filming Stranger Things in it. By the way Stranger Things is set in the 1980's and season three is set in 1985. They are currently still doing some filming in the mall. Anyways I have made a page on my Retail World website dedicated to this fictitious mall within a mall, I have lots of information and pictures. You can view it here- https://www.retailworld.org/p/the-starcourt-mall.html.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

TheFugitive

Perhaps Century III Mall should be converted into a movie studio.

Tons of space in there, and there are plenty of films and TV series that
shoot in Pittsburgh these days.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I think that's really cool! Even the Burger King restaurant (complete with Pepsi fountain and menu board with wood-carved bun halves logo) and Radio Shack (with the 1970s logo) look authentic to the time period!

I just wish I lived in that area and auditioned to become an extra in that show. I would even show up dressed in a period costume, a brown tracksuit and a blue Pepsi truckers hat (with 1980s logo). I would drive any of these period automobiles: a Dodge Aries, a Plymouth Reliant or a Chrysler LeBaron GTS, and park it in a parking space closest to Starcourt Mall's main entrance.

dmx10101

Netflix just posted a teaser trailer for season 3 of Stranger Things and it is exclusively about the Starcourt Mall! Check it out- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXyju7zFwyE
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org