Walmart/Dick's Sporting Goods Lawsuit

Started by giantsfan2016, March 09, 2018, 06:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Some twenty year old brat got a lawyer and filed a lawsuit against Walmart and Dick's Sporting Goods claiming discrimination because both company's recently changed their policies to not sell firearms to any individual under the age of twenty-one.

Brammy's thoughts: It's stupid s h i t like this that makes me hate lawyers. A business owner (or in the case of Walmart and Dick's a corporation) can make any rules they want. CVS stopped selling tobacco products a few years ago. Target doesn't sell tobacco products. The defunct Bradlee's chain stopped selling tobacco products several years before they went out. Shoprite in Wallingford stopped selling tobacco products in 2010 when they relocated from Meriden to Wallingford and carried over to when they opened their second store in Southington in November of that year. Price Chopper/Market 32 stopped selling tobacco products as well.

A guy who was friends with my dad had a kiosk at the long-demolished Bristol Centre Mall. He sold collectible coins, stamps, entertainment memorabilia, and other junk like that. Plus pocket knives. He had a sign that read: We will not sell knives to anyone under the age of eighteen or anyone who appears to be intoxicated. Someone tried to sue him over that.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Shopko has not sold tobacco products in their stores since 1997 (and since 1994 in Utah, thanks to the large Mormon population).